/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous threads:
(he fucked up the subject line)
(he forgot to include the OP pasta because he's a sweet summer child)

>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 628076.jpg (589x800, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/cssref/default.asp
mullvad.net/en/
belledelphinestore.com/product-page/anime-belle-mousepad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>new thread
>literally just finished posting

ah fook

Please see , thank you

Attached: killing-myself.png (1680x944, 1.73M)

I'm teaching myself web dev, is there a good reference for CSS style settings? I see examples of things like setting a header to be a certain color, but I want to see a full list of what is out there.

Attached: owo.jpg (600x408, 43K)

No such thing. Visuals always depend on your sites general theme.
Check out some template sites to get some ideas.

w3schools.com/cssref/default.asp

i think he just meant a list of properties and how to use them

kurisu a shit

Again:
Lets say I make a fresh install of Windows 10 onto my computer, what is the best and easiest way to get all my drivers up to date?

go to each of your devices driver page and download the latest.
There's no shortcut to this. These "driver installers" don't work.

Is there any simple way to tell if a PC case is broken?

Look for dents and scratches.

I just bough myself a laptop and want to use it to learn linux
whats a good distro to start with?

Attached: 1483909125833.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

how do i make an empty file in windows 10

Any of the ubuntu based ones, you'll find most guides or problem solutions for it.
I think Jow Forumss favorite flavor is Mint.

right click -> new -> text document

>>Buying headphones?
>What happened to /hpg/? Did they got tired of Stax shitposting?

i mean without the txt file extention, an empty file, still it's okay i found out.

just rename it? the file extensions say nothing about the files contents.

Is there a way to find someones info from a wickr account. This guy is trying to pimp out his 10 yo kid. Ive tried fishing info from him but am getting nowhere.

I guess no one knows?

gonna try Mint, thanks

Attached: file.png (474x479, 300K)

I know.

Is buying fairly new 2019 imac 27 inch base model for just 1000 euros worth it? I am not tech savy so please give me honest answer

What are my options if I want to embed some audio on a website FOR FREE?

Youtube, Soundcloud... what else?

Attached: avatars-000131869186-my9qya-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 43K)

sdi-tool.org

I'd recommend Ubuntu over Mint but it doesn't make too much difference

Any recommendations for a tv and sound system for ~1k? I need something to distract my gf while I shitpost on /tv/.

Attached: Screenshot_20190630_013939.jpg (1080x1073, 141K)

What's the KVM equivalent in BSD?

Attached: OpenBSD_Puffy_Apu.png (858x534, 82K)

What's the most recommended Windows editor for working with LaTeX?

isn't there a thread for buying laptops?

TeXstudio

You're likely better off asking in a BSD thread when one
comes around.

Not a consumer review site.

Some niche site like vocaroo. Remember nothing is free though. If it's just a few, just host them yourself.

Attached: 1562427532325.jpg (751x1064, 99K)

Does anyone have a guide or flowchart in order to become a sysadmin/network admin ?
Local company wants me to take over from an external company that's hella expensive so they'll pay for any certs so I am competent enough to take care of stuff for them.
I had a look and it seems like MCSA is a good starting point but I have no idea what else would be good.
I already have A+ and Network+.

Attached: Adminspotting-600x600w.png (600x600, 138K)

no /tpg/ yet

what are some good portable drives?
is WD elements portable any good?

Using 9700K with Kraken X62 liquid cooler and I'm seeing idle temps at ~70°C at ~5% load and climbing up towards ~95°C at moderate load, not even overclocking it yet and CPU fans are maxing out at 1750~1800RPM.

This can't possibly be acceptable temperatures right?

definitely not

Got some questions about the focusrite 2i2 3rd gen:
Would it be a good replacement for a schiit fulla 2 for headphone driving? my headphones are AKG K702s.
When I have headphones plugged in, does it disable the outputs on the back, or is there way to disable them? i.e i dont want my speakers on when i have headphones plugged in.
I'm looking to have 1 unit replace my schiit fulla 2 and behringer umc22 (which im using for my rode procaster)

Got a large chassi with 3 case fans (plus the two from the Kraken pointing outwards), fairly cool inside and tightened the screws on the CPU mount earlier so not sure what might be causing it.

Maybe the pre-applied thermal paste might've dried a little during transportation and that might be what's causing it?

Does Windows 10 have (turned on by default) a log of when the system was turned on, locked, unlocked, and turned off? if so, what is it called?

event viewer

I'm using HD650 and went from Fulla 2 to Modi multibit/Magni 3. It's a slight improvement but nowhere close to going from a headphone jack to Fulla 2.

Honestly I think the Fulla hits a little above its weight so if you want a large difference you might need to purchase something for ~$1000 instead of getting something mid-range. So if your budget is $500 or something I wouldn't bother.

your post contained no useful information regarding the scarlet 2i2, thanks user.

Just contributed with what little knowledge I had to your situation, no bully.

Never used a vpn before which service should I go?

Just connect to the internet.

Look up thatoneprivacyguy. Choose which one fits your needs the most.

Unless your ISP's blocking something, go for a seedbox.

>Maybe the pre-applied thermal paste might've dried a little during transportation and that might be what's causing it?
is the pump running?
It should be making a bit of noise.
But yeah, I'd change the thermal pase just in case.

why do people keep saying not to use windows 7 with ryzen when most of the x470 and other ryzen motherboards have proper chipset drivers for them?
Can't I just easily install a ryzen 3000 on them and boot in windows 7 just like you do in windows 10?

Attached: 1535621880860.png (1858x899, 60K)

Hey Jow Forumsuys. I need a new pair of cheap but good Bluetooth headphones.
The pair I had (pic related) had 40 hours use time, so I would like something with long use times and under 100bucks. I use it for audiobooks at home, so I don't need anything fancy. Some nice bass like pic related would be good. Any suggestions?
Good use time, some bass, bluedio quality or higher, under $100.

Attached: s-l1600-13__54913__38825.1516204197.1280.1280.jpg (800x800, 229K)

i like mullvad. most trustworthy looking one ive found so far, and for €5 a month for 5 connections its pretty fair.
mullvad.net/en/

Attached: mullvadprivacyguy.png (1215x325, 39K)

>5 connections
Did you mean 5 devices (at once) or what?

Old HDD isnt showing up on my desk- or laptops disk management. USB cables work though, bloody thing keeps hissing though

Is it safe to assume its busted without survivors?

Attached: GDHDU-2.jpg (800x553, 22K)

yes. five at once

Anyone have any long use Bluetooth headphones for an e/lit/ist?

Try using HDDGuru's Low Level Format tool. Knocks out all partitions and partition table. Then reformat, see what happens.

Don't use windows 7 in general. It's on its way out, only a couple months of security updates left before shit gets fucking dire. Also you need the latest version of 10 specifically to get the most performance out of ryzen, and when they fix its core selection that's probably also going to be exclusive to 10. A decade old OS may technically work, that doesn't mean it should.

I'm looking for a new networking setup -- one or two wired clients, multiple 802.11ac clients, reliable, high bandwidth, decent coverage, should let me saturate my 1Gbps WAN link, etc.
Should I get a MikroTik hAP ac2 ($70) or a Ubiquiti ER-X + AP AC Lite setup ($175)? Is Ubiquiti's gear worth the markup?

Attached: 1559400888026.jpg (800x800, 37K)

Take the drive out of the enclosure, sometimes the controller dies or is defective in some way.

I just want to access hulu from another country.

Have you actually heard from anyone in current year who says it works? Streaming services often blacklist VPNs.

you could try renting a VPS and using that as a proxy. they might blacklist VPS ip-ranges too tho, but id imagine its less likely

I started using the high contrast windows theme (the white text on dark background type) but now all office documents are also reversed, if i print them the text is white and nothing shows up. how can i disable the theme just for the office programs?

same user here, with Mint now
whats a good music player to replace music bee?

Windows doesn't have a way to do this, unfortunately.
On my version, setting the text color to automatic seems to fix any stray white text (though setting it to either black or white doesn't). You might have to go into the font settings dialog instead of using the ribbon.

Attached: 1542448074817.png (1004x827, 71K)

audacious is a decent graphical one

Have you considered hanging some microtik cAP ac around? As that's basically what they're build for. Don't know about Ubiquiti, but I can freely shill for mt, as their stuff hasn't broke in 5years since I'm using it.

Clients will only be 8m and one wall away from the router/AP at most. A single hAP ac2 *should*, as far as I can tell, be able to handle this.

Firefox + ublock origin lets me have spotify without any ads and it's fuckin ill
does anyone know if it works on mobile firefox too?

when buying an external harddrive should I go for lower capacities (1-2tb) or larger ones(3-4tb)?
I hear the larger harddrives has bigger failure rates, but the price p/GB is way better.

Attached: 1553737979679.png (256x196, 7K)

yeah, this, a reference as in like a man page.

Thanks for the link, user.

What's a good mouse pad specifically for optical mice?

It should indeed. From your explanation I thought it'll be a bigger project and poe ensures less of cable mess if you got it set up properly.

Even 4tb is fairly save these days. You're looking at the 8tb+ models for meaningful failure rates.

spotify serves bad quality by default, install deezerloader

is it any good?

is it okay to set the heat sink on without screwing it down if im just making sure it will post?

The CPU heat sink? Why would you even place it if you're just turning it on for 10-30 seconds? It's not a fucking nuclear reactor.

you are limited by what deezer has, but you can download flacs of what they have in their library, without paying or anything, because of a bug. I've used it, it's worked fine, but no source is comprehensive. it's nicer to have music files rather than drm ones on spotify's own player or whatever, and you can do that this way.

How do I get past fucking google phone verification ? I just wanna shitpost on youtube but I don't have a free phone number

>because of a bug
why doesnt deezer patch the bug?

hello devils advocate
I don't know, I just use it and it works

i c
i'll check it out
although you know what also would be cool. if the same program also had an option to download audio from a youtube vid

there's something called youtube-dl everyone uses, it works on lots of other websites too

I know, I just thought it'd be highly convenient to have it all in one program

Im trying to tranfer files through ethernet cable between winshit 7 and 10. Whats the best way to go about it? Homegroups dont work

i want to smell kurisu's underpanties

Why?

smell of kurisu's piss and shit excites me

best laptop under $800?

I gotta move across the globe in about 2 months. Planning to sell my PC and just keep the hard drive and get a laptop instead.
In desperate need of laptop suggestion that can run Photoshop/Clip Studio/After Effects well when used with a monitor tablet. I do illustrations and video editing for a living.
Please, I'm desperate.

Attached: 781236873643.jpg (530x800, 54K)

Setting it to automatic makes it white for me, but setting it to black works just like in your pic. What a mess windows is. But it worked, so thanks

>mouse pad
belledelphinestore.com/product-page/anime-belle-mousepad

>visual studio
>github
I have some libraries I want to use in my project
What is the standard way to handle this when I upload this project on Github?

Optimally you reference them through nuget, then they'd get downloaded whenever someone tries to compile it.
If they don't have a nuget package but a git repository then add them as submodule.
If they have neither then you need to explain in the readme what other libraries are required to make it compile.

Thank you!

Attached: kirby.gif (480x360, 337K)

Start with being a russian elsewhere

Does anyone know if ://www.ethicalhackingtutorials.com is safe to download from? Or has heard of it or anything? It seems legit but I would love feedback on what you guys think.

Can't believe I messed up the link.... sorry about that. I know downloading cybsec tools is usually a no no off random sites, but this seems good... I would love to hear what you guys think though.

How can I revive Nikola Tesla through his Death Rays

easiest way to look at a hard drive windows doesn't recognize?
I don't want to spend a bunch of time installing linux, I just need to see if anything is on it and if anything important is on it, back it up

Do you need to rent a server to set up a website? Or can I just use something like a Raspberry Pi?