Lately they became too intrusive

Dylan Sanchez
Dylan Sanchez

Lately they became too intrusive. What's the best alternative for this shit?

Attached: dropbox-02-1024x1024.png (38 KB, 1024x1024)

Nicholas Murphy
Nicholas Murphy

I will host you data

Thomas Thomas
Thomas Thomas

Upspin

Jayden Fisher
Jayden Fisher

syncthing

Christian Kelly
Christian Kelly

Google Drive

Cameron Peterson
Cameron Peterson

Host your own

Gabriel Reyes
Gabriel Reyes

Mega.
Or get a NAS, fiber connection and host your own.

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

Lately
Look into Cryptomator its a program that stores an encrypted container in whatever cloud you use.

Noah Jackson
Noah Jackson

thanks.
you won't look at it, right?

Easton Kelly
Easton Kelly

can the virtual drive it creates be accessed from the browser interface? if not, what's the difference from just having a veracrypt folder on my pc that is synced on onedrive?

Hudson Nguyen
Hudson Nguyen

ftp

Aaron Hernandez
Aaron Hernandez

No, its a piece of software you run on your pc or phone. It integrates with your explorer like the Dropbox app would. The big difference with veracrypt is that Cryptomator does not store a mono container, but rather one that is stored in increments..
Having a 2 GB Vera container would mean youd have to re-upload the entire 2GB every time you edit a single bit

Carter Thompson
Carter Thompson

Having a 2 GB Vera container would mean youd have to re-upload the entire 2GB every time you edit a single bit
doesn't dropbox do delta uploads/downloads? Though I guess with an encrypted container maybe every bit does change

Jackson Hall
Jackson Hall

Still no linux app

Nathan Adams
Nathan Adams

You are right. Conventionally, you edit a container, and the whole container is a new file thus overwriting the whole 2 GB. (only over a network)

If the delta part is doing its job, this could be reduced to packs as small as 128 bit. as this the smallest increment at which AES operates, though im not sure how this would hold up in practice.

At any case Cryptomator works like a charm despise crappy or good infrastructure.

Jose Mitchell
Jose Mitchell

There is tho

Blake Thompson
Blake Thompson

rclone it's protip

Jaxson Evans
Jaxson Evans

SMBv3 with forced encryption on some VPS.

Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey

Nextcloud or ownCloud

Austin Anderson
Austin Anderson

IDK how Dropbox got so popular. They were offering 3GB free while the competition was offering 50GB.

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

This would be my preference too, op :)

Jose Sanders
Jose Sanders

The big difference with veracrypt is that Cryptomator does not store a mono container, but rather one that is stored in increments..
Interesting.
I had a 6 gb Veracrypt drive that I put on OneDrive. I soon found out that everytime you added a single file, it had to update the whole 6gb so I dropped that fast.

Josiah Turner
Josiah Turner

Hey! You found something to google!

Mason Smith
Mason Smith

/thread

Adrian Young
Adrian Young

They were offering 2 GB for free and a syncing desktop client when there was no competition besides classic ad-ridden OCHs and stuffing files into Gmail attachments.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit