Jesus how fucking bad is it gonna get for Intel once this beast drops?

>64 cores/128 threads at 3.35GHZ
>1.4TF
>220W
>Ranked 1st on Sis
Sheesh...

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-152315__01.jpg (1080x959, 234K)

Intel is dead at this point.

>64 cores/128 threads at 3.35GHZ
noOooOOoooOo

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Their security woes and 28-core gimmick server. combined with a resurgent AMD means their server marketshare is going to take a big hit.

How the fuck are the gonna get 3.4GHZ on 64C CPU and at 200W at that? It would be unheard of...pretty much only idiot would go for Xeons then. Lower wattage, lower cooling requirements, more cores, more SC/MT performance. It would be Holocoust.

1-core boost, obviously, it'l be like 2Ghz on full load.

>can't be used in anything above dual socket
ayyyymd drones lose AGAIN

Doubt it. Epyc 7601 is 2.7GHZ all core boost already on 14nm and 1st gen Zen platform.

not many servers use quad socket

>64 cores
>3.35GHZ
>220W
It's actually amazing.
How long will it take Intel to catch up?

Yeah just like all Zen 2 have 5Ghz+ capability like Jow Forums was saying it would

No one promised 5Ghz.

This board was speculating it all day don't be a retard

Nah, Intel has got all the important datacenter contracts with its partners.

yea these contracts would take a decade to usurp

Kys, Jim. Literally no one believed in your shit, don't come damage control here, we are not your dumb reddit 'friends'.

7nm+ might actually will, 3900x and 3950x already reach 4.6 and 4.7ghz, and Ryzen already has better IPC

These will be dumped on day 1 when epyc drops. Power efficiency is the primary concern.

Is this the new poorfag circle jerk thread?

This is what happens when you get your information from beggars on Youtube.I find it odd that mainly Intcels chose to believe this bullshit,and seem to be more upset about it not being true,than the AMD shills.

Only Jews would sign a contract limiting their hardware choices in advance.

It's going to be really interesting to see if this takes off, power efficiency is the only thing that the enterprise cares about so they should be interested in these, however there is the pragmatism going along with it that you should stick to proven and tested ways

I mean look at HP and Dell's server offerings, they offer like one AMD server each just so they don't get an antitrust lawsuit and I doubt they even sell many of those, it's likely that the low to medium scale DC customers will stick to Intel

However, the large cloud providers overshadow the rest of the market due to their massive scale and they could easily decide to go with mostly AMD nodes, which will cause a large shift in the market

Back in the 90's all the data centers switched to using AMD as well.
They pick what's best, not "that one big name Millennials can remember today because they were toddlers last time AMD was on top".

doubt that 3.35Ghz will be more than single core boost

This

Wendell claims that all these big datacenters and cloud providers still buy Intel even when Epyc is already in the market

The ones buying Epyc are the ones building new centers, not the ones adding more systems to current existing ones and even then adoption is not that many

Vendors decide the server market. Intel is doing just fine.

TR4 tops out at 250w.

It doesn't take that long.

my ryzen 1600 uses about 3W/core at 3ghz
thats about 180w for 64 cores but add at least 50w for the memory controller and other shit
being on a smaller node and being uber binned probably reduces power draw a lot so it might actually be real

thanks based amd, now stop making good chips into ebyns exclusively and make a quadcore at 5ghz you niggers

Attached: power draw.png (1482x591, 122K)

>220W
WHAT

>Ford didn't think that Japanese cars will take over.
>Intel didn't think that AMD chips will take over.

History repeats when lessons are not learned.

I think you mean holocores

Computing power doesn't matter. Software just gets shittier and slower the faster CPUs get.

did you collect this data? mind sharing it? i'm interested in building a low power itx system.

>speculation on a Tibetan yak husbandry enthusiast imageboard is a promise by the manufacturer

>How long will it take Intel to catch up?
Intel already broke 220watt with 9900k on avx workloads.

Attached: 9900k.png (1112x833, 74K)

>did you collect?
yes
>mind sharing
yes, i just did
set voltage and clock with asus zenstates, ran cb and wrote down the powerdraws in hwinfo
spreadshert made in libreoffice calc
im doing a similar thing for my gpu(hd7950)

any future plans? what's your goal? i'm thinking about a setup capable of encoding 1080p with x264 at low power (mobile, basically). obviously super interested in how zen 2 would do with constrained power.

>3.35GHz
Piednoel on suicide watch

makes me wonder why on earth Linux Tech Tips went with that xeon platform. Even Chadripper 3 slaughters that shit and has PCIe 4 support for his meme SSD speeds.

nah, did it for the luls
get a board that lets you change voltage and clockspeed
all asus shit works with zenstates but the bios are shit
dont know about other brands

you can lower soc voltage a fair bit on lower speed memory(2933), im on 0.88v down from 1v, an average 3w constant decrease

maybe look into embedded ryzen stuff

i'd suck dick if people made these with newer ryzen/intel cpus
i've seen 2 similar images, both in russian and with limited voltage/freq measuring temps which dont really tell shit

yea your dataset is pure gold, thanks for putting in the work

(((Platform experience)))

doublechecked my halfway done gpu sheet, was 10w off for a second and then crashed windows
take with a grain of salt

pro tips for doing these yourself:
takes about 30 minutes, about 5 of which you'll be holding down your power button and waiting for your shit to boot
write stuff down physically when you're in the area where its possibly not stable, crashing will wipe saved spreadshet progress 90% of the time but it wont erase the piece of paper
dont do a whole cb run, takes too long, i waited 5 seconds on each voltage/frequency square and wrote the highest measurement in that time
tell your friends to do these so i can verify if im even doing this right and/or cry at how a shit binned my chip is

thanks for the advice dear friend

>literal fucking who website "ranker"
>this many replies

Yeah...
I think I'll let the market dictate the "rankings" there, dumbfuck.

Attached: 363636.jpg (474x396, 39K)

Thanks for showing how much of a newfag you are. Don't forget to kill yourself on the way out.

And that's a good thing.

i don't think its going to be that big, IT would also need to change dev machines and those guys are lazy, only big computation centers that refresh everything yes or yes will do the switch.

rip in pieces shitel

>Computing power doesn't matter
kek