Do you maintain a second, emergency computer for if your main daily driver...

Juan Diaz
Juan Diaz

Do you maintain a second, emergency computer for if your main daily driver breaks?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (270 KB, 1600x1522)

Nathaniel Anderson
Nathaniel Anderson

no

Luke Nelson
Luke Nelson

Of course

Who doesn't?

Brayden Lee
Brayden Lee

Yeah. I keep all my old laptops updated and ready to use if needed.

Joshua Smith
Joshua Smith

yeah, without internet

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

no. if it breaks, i will fix it

but i do have many computers for different purposes

Adrian Gutierrez
Adrian Gutierrez

maintain
Even if you had a 2nd PC, why the hell would you maintain it? Just keep it in a safe or somewhere it won't get damaged in an earthquake or by a power surge and only use it if your main PC breaks.

Anthony Howard
Anthony Howard

I've got a usb with arch on it if i ever need to chroot, that's all i need

Elijah Bennett
Elijah Bennett

I have a spare EliteBook. If it were smaller, I would probably use it as my reg.

Cooper Gutierrez
Cooper Gutierrez

What sort of insanity is this? If your main computer fails, you buy another the same day. If money is an issue, you're not doing anything worthwhile on it either way and can afford wasting time to fix it.

Colton Nelson
Colton Nelson

I've never owned a computer that failed so no.

Julian Jenkins
Julian Jenkins

No, but I've got enough spare parts around that I could replace anything that breaks or even build a second computer if needed. I also live close to a microcenter. Maintaining a working second computer isn't necessary for me.

Blake Martin
Blake Martin

My Acer laptop recently shit the bed at a very bad time. It made me realize that having two Windows computers and saving work related stuff on the cloud would be a good way to have a backup.

So I'm going to build a PC instead of buying a console for next gen games, and I just bought a new ThinkPad for mobility. If either fails, I have the other.

Hudson Roberts
Hudson Roberts

not really. my siblings and parents break theirs all the time so i give my stuff to them once that happens. i plan on replacing all out laptops with t450 or something.

Kevin Morris
Kevin Morris

yep
Xp, Vista, 7, 10 user reporting in

linux and macs sucks

Jose Williams
Jose Williams

No. I have dozens of computers, even though I only use two on daily basis (desktop and laptop).

Brayden Jackson
Brayden Jackson

why'd you skip 8 and 9?

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

Yes.
Main notebook: Lenovo Thinkpad T450s (W7)
Emergency notebook: Lenovo Ideapad 710S (W10)

Robert Perry
Robert Perry

I have a few old laptops lying around apart from my Thinkpad T430 which I use as the daily use machine. I gave my gayming PC to my brother because I don't really play games anymore.

Camden Clark
Camden Clark

Don't be a retard maybe.

Jose Bennett
Jose Bennett

Yes, I even have a working spare PC stored away in my attic, made up of components I've since upgraded.

How else am I going to order new parts online?

Austin Roberts
Austin Roberts

I have 7 thinkpads. I'll be good

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

I maintain enough money on my account to buy a new one.

John Lee
John Lee

What.....like....in a physical store?
And how will you do the research to know what the current best shit is? - I mean you might end up with an Intel CPU if you hadn't followed tech news.

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

you might end up with an Intel CPU
And that's a good thing.

Nolan Torres
Nolan Torres

I was just money tight during 8's pinnacle desu

didn't update many things at the time

Isaiah Rivera
Isaiah Rivera

so if something fails saturday evening, just wait until monday like the cuck you are :^)

Jacob Martinez
Jacob Martinez

you didn't miss out on much though

Attached: IMG-20190711-000501-585.jpg (26 KB, 320x320)

Dylan Jackson
Dylan Jackson

Attached: 1535862678103.png (115 KB, 800x535)

Adrian Wilson
Adrian Wilson

only two buttons
How do you scroll with that thing using the trackpoint?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit