Do you maintain a second, emergency computer for if your main daily driver breaks?

Do you maintain a second, emergency computer for if your main daily driver breaks?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1600x1522, 270K)

no

Of course

Who doesn't?

Yeah. I keep all my old laptops updated and ready to use if needed.

yeah, without internet

no. if it breaks, i will fix it

but i do have many computers for different purposes

>maintain
Even if you had a 2nd PC, why the hell would you maintain it? Just keep it in a safe or somewhere it won't get damaged in an earthquake or by a power surge and only use it if your main PC breaks.

I've got a usb with arch on it if i ever need to chroot, that's all i need

I have a spare EliteBook. If it were smaller, I would probably use it as my reg.

What sort of insanity is this? If your main computer fails, you buy another the same day. If money is an issue, you're not doing anything worthwhile on it either way and can afford wasting time to fix it.

I've never owned a computer that failed so no.

No, but I've got enough spare parts around that I could replace anything that breaks or even build a second computer if needed. I also live close to a microcenter. Maintaining a working second computer isn't necessary for me.

My Acer laptop recently shit the bed at a very bad time. It made me realize that having two Windows computers and saving work related stuff on the cloud would be a good way to have a backup.

So I'm going to build a PC instead of buying a console for next gen games, and I just bought a new ThinkPad for mobility. If either fails, I have the other.

not really. my siblings and parents break theirs all the time so i give my stuff to them once that happens. i plan on replacing all out laptops with t450 or something.

yep
Xp, Vista, 7, 10 user reporting in

linux and macs sucks

No. I have dozens of computers, even though I only use two on daily basis (desktop and laptop).

why'd you skip 8 and 9?

Yes.
Main notebook: Lenovo Thinkpad T450s (W7)
Emergency notebook: Lenovo Ideapad 710S (W10)

I have a few old laptops lying around apart from my Thinkpad T430 which I use as the daily use machine. I gave my gayming PC to my brother because I don't really play games anymore.

Don't be a retard maybe.

Yes, I even have a working spare PC stored away in my attic, made up of components I've since upgraded.

How else am I going to order new parts online?

I have 7 thinkpads. I'll be good

I maintain enough money on my account to buy a new one.

What.....like....in a physical store?
And how will you do the research to know what the current best shit is? - I mean you might end up with an Intel CPU if you hadn't followed tech news.

>you might end up with an Intel CPU
And that's a good thing.

I was just money tight during 8's pinnacle desu

didn't update many things at the time

so if something fails saturday evening, just wait until monday like the cuck you are :^)

you didn't miss out on much though

Attached: IMG_20190711_000501_585.jpg (320x320, 26K)

Attached: 1535862678103.png (800x535, 115K)

>only two buttons
How do you scroll with that thing using the trackpoint?