How do you stop yourself from become a rage-o-holic when programming?

I've noticed over the years I've become addicted to stress chemicals. I start raging in traffic or in slow lines at the grocery store if I don't get a stress response from a problem I can't solve.
It kind of snuck up on me.

Attached: c985b5c1-72e0-4005-bb45-37c885c7ba59_screenshot.jpg (465x480, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

matplotlib.org/3.1.1/api/_as_gen/matplotlib.pyplot.figure.html
stackoverflow.com/questions/11744990/how-to-set-auto-for-upper-limit-but-keep-a-fixed-lower-limit-with-matplotlib
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Meditation.

get a better job

I never rage when I'm programming. What the fuck makes you so angry?

>What the fuck makes you so angry?

Just frustrating when nothing I try works.
Was trying to get matplotlib to print a graph that showed the x axis at zero and couldn't figure out 'ylim' had to go AFTER 'plot'. Tried many many many variations getting more and more frustrated. Asked on Stack Overflow and got the answer but got banned for asking the question.

df.plot(...)
plt.ylim(bottom=0)

>get a better job

I can't get a job. That adds to my stress too.

Remove all expectations for yourself and others. If you can't do that then drink, it'll do it for you.

by not being a manlet

I'm too lazy to rage. How do you have all this energy?

The best programmers I have known never get angry at problems or programming itself, they get mad at the brainlets they have to work with

are you melanin riched?

I'm often angry at the brainlet I work with

Attached: old wojak.png (205x246, 11K)

>are you melanin riched?

Nah, I'm pretty intelligent. In elementary school I was always making extremely elaborate drawings and I couldn't understand why people were impressed by them and didn't have the focus.

I think I have some kind of dyslexia and anger issues from living and working around fucking retards all my life. Bored to death. Hallucinating like I'm in solitary confinement.

when nothing works, leave the computer and give your brain a rest for five minutes.

Cut back on caffeine.

This.

I also never rage when programming, but I rage all the time in traffic, at the supermarket, etc. anytime I have to deal with sub-130 IQ plebs.

You should be using figures. Don't use plt directly. see: matplotlib.org/3.1.1/api/_as_gen/matplotlib.pyplot.figure.html

And before you ask any more questions. RTFM

You should have just RTFM instead of using trial and error or asking others.

Why rage ever?

>RTFM

It wasn't clearly explained in any docs. I tried several variations. I learned to do most everything EXCEPT for what I was going for.
Of course, after it was figured out there was nothing to it.

Like in traffic, the stress starts when I'm jammed up by something and can't go forward.

>I also never rage when programming
When you're on the cusp of figuring out how to use a language or feature you don't get frustrated when what you're doing stops working? I've gotten better at turning over the issue as I learn more, but what exactly do you do in this situation? I work at home, not enough experience to get hired so I don't have someone to ask after 20 minutes of poking around in the dark. I don't have someone to ask after 20 hours.

But is well documented actually. For almost every problem there is, there was some "idiot" that asked it in some forum. The people giving the answers weren't born with the knowledge. They either learned it from someone else or from the documentation directly.

The thing is that "problems/use cases" aren't documented, just the functionality of your library/language.

If you're too lazy to read the manual and piece things together yourself, which I completely understand, because most of the time I am as well, then it's normal to get stuck. It's a bit irrational to get angry from it though.

>plt.ylim(bottom=0)

The answers I found didn't have the solution going AFTER .plt until I asked and got that answer. Like the second answer here.
Now I'm banned from asking more questions because of that.
stackoverflow.com/questions/11744990/how-to-set-auto-for-upper-limit-but-keep-a-fixed-lower-limit-with-matplotlib

I don't know. Sometimes I don't want to have to learn every detail in order to learn the internal logic of the thing I'm using. I guess what I'm doing each time I'm blowing a gasket is EXPECTING to be able to have the answer within a few minutes because it should be obvious.

You have to learn to be patient and to accept obstacles and errors as a perfectly normal thing while programming. I also suggest listening to chill music while programming.