Specialty PC Cases

I want to find a case with no extension slots, drive bays or anything like that.
I only want the best airflow possible.
Could you recommend something along those lines?
USB Type-C on the front panel is welcome.

Most of the "premium" cases are for mITX, but thermals are, as expected, pretty shitty.

Attached: Download.jpg (2590x1457, 103K)

Meshify C mini

just make your own with aluminium frames.

Looks pretty nice, thank you.
Wish there was sound-insulated panel instead of glass, though.

Too involved.
I'm ready to pay up to $500 for a really good one.

Attached: 2019-07-13-16:29:37-screenshot.png (378x346, 111K)

I've never built a computer before but I really want to build a mini itx computer. I keep hearing people say that there's a "micro" tax added to these builds because the parts that you have to buy cost more? Is this true?

What are the drawbacks of a micro itx computer? Is it just airflow? If so does that mean you shouldn't be building it to do gaming or video editing?

The biggest drawback of mini itx is thermals. It's hard to cool a 125w CPU with a max cooler height of 45mm,

This makes sense, thanks. How do you feel about Micro-itx then? It's a step bigger than mini-itx but does it also suffer from the same problems?

Asrock deskmini

>Asrock deskmini
Wow this really looks like it may fit the needs of what I'm looking for!! Thank you! and it looks super beginner friendly

Ncase is about as small as you can get without sacrificing thermal performance. If you want bigger there's the Cougar QBX, but that's got a bunch of plastic panels to keep the cost under 50 bucks.

>Ncase M1
Pretty cool case, thank you!
Hard to get in Europe, unfortunately.

Attached: 2019-07-13-17:34:58-screenshot.png (963x613, 192K)

They're upgrading them to USB-C as well as doing a couple tweaks so they're all out of stock everywhere for now. You can pre-order them on SFF lab. Just know that these cases are popular enough that they sell out it a couple days.

Got it.
As I still have some time before building a PC, I'm ok with waiting.
Will base a build around mITX x570 board then.

Best airflow is an open cardboard box. No mesh/filters to slow down air, and the box shape forces all the air to go in one direction. It's also basically free.

>I want to find a case with no extension slots, drive bays or anything like that.
>I only want the best airflow possible.
>Could you recommend something along those lines?
>USB Type-C on the front panel is welcome.
>Most of the "premium" cases are for mITX, but thermals are, as expected, pretty shitty.
Currently using pic related. Its quite expensive considering its a modular piece of aluminum but its based AF.
>Inb4 noisy, gathers dust. Just clean your stuff and use gpu with 0 db fans.

Attached: streacom bc1.jpg (1200x900, 141K)

>Box
At that point you can go caseless.
Too loud, giant dust magnet, unbelievable inconvenient.
Also, airflow wouldn't be the best as you can't properly "direct" airflow around the components.

M1 or D2?

Not to jock OP's thread but what's the smallest case I can get with the best airflow?

I meant those two

Attached: 5eg4vcH.jpg (4032x1960, 720K)

ncase m1 probably, the airflow is great and it's pretty small

What kinda hardware you planning to put in there if you don't care for expansion?
Do realize that if no cards then your only cooling is your CPU and mobo and with mini-itx cases your cooler size is often extremely limited. And if you've a tiny tiny case, well it better have Delta screamers in it to cool a high-end CPU properly no matter how good the design is.

NCase M1

The DA2 is kinda bad really. The vents in the side panel aren't breathable enough, to the extent that with a 280mm AIO, the thermals are comparable to 240mm AIO in the smaller NCase.

Same for aircooling too, the much better C14S runs slightly hotter in the DA2 than the smaller U9S does in a NCase.

>200
how about 50?

Well, if I do get a PhD in a university with a good server, then:
>AMD 3900X + AMD 5700XT
if I have to calculate on my own machine, then:
>AMD 3900X + nVidia RTX 2080Ti

> if you don't care for expansion?
Why would I?
SSDs are cheap enough now for a home system and for everything else thre's a NAS with proper storage solution.
> Cooler size
That's why I'm asking. I'd like to have at least Noctua DH-15.

Thanks.
I'll be looking for the Rev. 6