It used to be this comfy

>It used to be this comfy
It should have never been anymore complex than this. There's so much shit that is bundled into development tools (and skills required in the modern age, where every single aspect of a modern application has its own dedicated framework you need to link together) that, while obviously supposed to make your life easier, ends up being counter-intuitive because you'd never be able to (or want to) utilise every thing in Visual Studio 2019.

Attached: Windows ME.png (1360x768, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winworldpc.com/product/microsoft-visual-bas/60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Also inb4 >Windows ME
It was the OS of the first PC I personally owned.

Maybe a fucking frog will pique your interest?

Attached: VHdAni.jpg (1200x1200, 208K)

>he uses a vde for gui programming
Never going to make it.

>Needing to make shit difficult for yourself to "make it"

These dots look like shit tho, but I agree, 9x/ME was peak UI design

>uses vim due to autism
>all his "projects" are unfinished

I remember, when I was required to learn asp web form designer for one of my college class - was nightmare, and teacher was mah "tech" normy. Scored D in that class, because instead of doing stupid assignments on designing shitty forms and useless web pages, I was actually writing my js based gallery website. Normies were getting 95%+ on assignments, where he was checking stuff like "2 italic phrases, 3 bold fonts used, 1 html new line separator used".

Yeah, about tools. I use VS and all sort of microsoft pajeet stuff at work. But at night,
>emacs
>mah console

I dunno, I think it's more elegant than having all those random snaps and guide lines that more modern designers have.

>Ignoring the tasks set out in a class
>Make something completely different instead
To be fair though my man, that would get you sacked from a job as well. It's not always about what you're actually capable of, it's often just following instruction.

Yes, VB was a comfy environment. But it was also a slow and buggy environment. Try using it today for a week* and see the extent of your nostalgia fucking with your perception

* ISO
winworldpc.com/product/microsoft-visual-bas/60

But also yeah, generally Win9x was were Windows peaked.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-07-13 20-09-56.png (1360x768, 110K)

I am currently using it, that's my own screen shot.

>just following instruction
Figured it out already, I'm still a student and work full-time for big software corporation. Actually, I plan to get out before finishing my third year and starting my small business. 9 to 5 sucks, I'm 22 though, maybe I will get out of
>following instruction.

>Maybe I will get out of following instructions
If you're successful, then only temporarily. Because then you're taking instructions from shareholders and they can seriously ruin your day if you ignore them.

Nope, so long as society dictates that you need money in order to not die, you'll always be taking instructions from someone sooner or later.

>I am currently using it
But why?

For fun! I've been caught up with studying to be a modern developer and just how much shit you have to learn.
Just wanted to enjoy that short period in history when computers had just gotten powerful enough to make development super easy, but before the fucking framework bloat came.

I wouldn't mind the frameworks if I only had to learn one of them, but I have to learn them all, because everyone is expected to be "full stack" at least to a certain degree..

Those RAD developments tend to get restricting once you get past the simple toy gui stage though. A lot of application state requires dynamically instantiating controls, managing windows, drawing custom shit, doing background things which are invisible, etc. The fancy editor quickly becomes useless in these scenarios.

And also because I've been asked to use VBA for Excel macros before, and I've sort of just thrown that shit together using online snippets as and when I've needed it. Learning Visual Basic more in-depth isn't a complete waste of time....I hope.

You know you can actually modify the GUI at runtime, and also write code that works in the background with this though, right?

Windows ME/2000 had peak comfy theme design. 95 was close, but a little too cold and gray. 2000 was just perfect.

Holy fuck I remember coding in that pile of shit. It's the reason why I stopped coding all togheter. thank prof.

You stopped coding because of one piece of software that got replaced 17 years ago?

You sound like a quitter user. I think there were probably other reasons as well.

>You stopped coding because of one piece of software that got replaced 17 years ago?
It wasn't the program itself, my prof was that bad. I want to go back now.

>Windows MEME
lol

I've been there too user, but it only took me a year after dropping out to realise that your professor doesn't matter because all the cool shit we wanted to do when we took up CS, needs to be self studied.
>I want to go back now.
For you I'm guessing it's 17 years and still counting?

Yes, but my point is the RAD gui editor doesn't really help you with that at that point. If anything it hinders you.

So then do the more advanced stuff programatically? Creating the basic form in anything other than a designer is just busy work.