H-hey guys, look at my gaming hard drive!

h-hey guys, look at my gaming hard drive!

Attached: hitachitravelstar.jpg (1191x1191, 421K)

>DO NOT COVER THIS HOLE
what happens if you do?

>5400 RPM
It will be extremely painful.

its used to equalize air pressure if you take it on planes and stuff

thats the oil hole. never cover the oil hole. you should oil your data every 100k revolutions.

>5400 RPM

>500gb
>5400rpm
jesus christ, how horrifying.

>every 100k revolutions.
Every 18 minutes? Seems a little excessive.

it's the speaker hole. you can cover it up when it get's too noisy if you want but it might not work again if you uncover it

Super fast drive. Manu FPS.
Talking from experience.

Attached: IMG_20190713_205751.jpg (2000x1500, 706K)

i actually have a similar one as well, its 320 GB.

>Apple HDD Firmware 2009

Made one month apart!

>Made one month apart!
*one year and one month

>SEP10
>AUG10
>one year

Attached: file.png (235x232, 34K)

the 500 gb was 2004 sep 10
the aug 10 is from 2010 and up when they removed the year from label to prevent people from being able to know if their hard drive had a recall. ya brainlet

That's a big hard disk.

Solid drive. I have 2 Hitachi 500GB IDE drives that i still use today. They aren't accessed that often, but haven't let me down...yet.

>Solid drive. I have 2 Hitachi 500GB IDE drives that i still use today. They aren't accessed that often, but haven't let me down...yet.
nice. I had one in a Toshiba Satellite, the battery and motherboard failed before the drive, so i re purposed it. Sturdy little things.

@71863809
I know this is bait, I'll still bite so people won't believe the retarded shit people make up, no (You)'s thought (or actually believe, I don't know how dumb user actually is, but it's always better to assume they are an idiot and not just pretending).
Year is the last two digits, so they are indeed a month apart. The Apple branded one just doesn't have the day digits. But don't take my word on it, let me explain before.

Since they are Hitachi drives and you can see the serial number, you can easily decode them.
>Hitachi: date (YYMMDD)
100904... That's 10 [2010] 09 [SEP] 04 [4th] aka 4th September 2010. That fits perfectly with the 04SEP10 that's printed on the label too.
Since we know for a fact now that the last two digits are the year and the three letters are the month, we know the Apple drive is also from 2010 and August.

Of course you don't need to know any of that to call bullshit because (unless you're uneducated and tech illiterate a zoomer) we didn't have 500GB 2.5" hard drives in 2004.

LMAO BTFO

OP here, i don't understand why this argument had to happen in the first place, why can't some people just learn how to read kek

Basically, because people are idiots most of the time.

I'm this user. Pic related.
I forgot they were both 7200RPM and didn't realize that one of them was refurbished.

But dependable drives. They are setup as RAID1 with a PATA/IDE RAID controller.

Attached: TheHitachiBros.jpg (1840x3264, 1.3M)

>a single huge 5400 RPM drive
Basically every prebuilt in the 2000s ever. I wish I could've experienced gaming on a 10k RPM hard drive at the time, those were the high end stuff.

I considered a 10kRPM drive back when they were new-ish, but was told that the cost (at the time) to performance ratio wasn't worth it.

I still wish I had this thing. It was pretty bad ass. I'd stick it on the wall if I still had it but it died on me and WD sent me the Velociraptor instead.

Attached: Raptor X.jpg (2560x2560, 769K)

i'm this user here's a pic

Attached: hitachihdd.jpg (469x938, 66K)

I'm It wasn't worth the extra at all. I was a stupid kid then that wanted the best. Still think I got my moneys worth considering WD upgraded me with the RMA.

this is now a Hitachi Travelstar/Deskstar worship thread here we go

That hard disk was a tank, had one from late 2008 and endured through drops and hits like no other.

You did.
Can you even buy a new 10krpm drive? I can buy a new 5400rpm drive.
I guess these days if you're buying a "performance" hard drive, you buy SSD etc

you wouldn't want you data to start squeaking would you? bit rot and data squeak is caused by lack of platter lube.

Attached: 73fab74e-3cc6-491b-958e-955fad483ed0.png (2560x1600, 1.29M)

Pretty sure people still make and use 10k RPM SAS drives. Not sure what the use case for them are these days though.