Is there an actual reason to use Windows 10 over Linux other than larping as mr normalfag?

is there an actual reason to use Windows 10 over Linux other than larping as mr normalfag?
inb4
>muh games
good point if you are an underage teenager or an immature manchild
>it's easier
not knowing how to fix your own problems and troubleshooting every 5 minutes because something went wrong sure sounds easier
>security
wangblows is notorious for having problems in their security, as they have a virus problem every two weeks and having to look up errors becuase you don't know the root of the problem

so please tell me why you still use Windows

Attached: 2AE384C9-7601-46AD-B345-18160DA8F847.png (1444x666, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/troubleshooting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>iShit filename
applel shills larping as freetards again

I recently switched to Ubuntu from Windows 10, works good for me so far. My normie relatives and friends just stick to Windows because it’s something they’ve been using their whole life and they just don’t care to learn other things even if it’s better.

Nope, you're very accurate. For games you have native Steam, proton for things that aren't native, and Wine/DXVK for anything else. Linux is far easier to maintain by nature of being smaller and less retardedly bloated. You say registry editing? I say motherfucking text files. They're classic and they still work perfectly well.
And of course Windows is security swiss cheese. Granted, that is partly because they focus on making it easy to download programs off a jewgle search and clicky clicky the .exe file as opposed to repositories, but they still designed it poorly. Linux is finally working on adding such functionality with Flatpaks, Appimages, and Snaps, and the people behind these at least have the sense to isolate these components away from the rest of the system, so the userland doesn't turn into malware hell like Windows did.

I'm at the university and i need to use some shit programs that aren't on Linux, also no Wine isn't reliable

switched to Manjaro from Win 10 literally yesterday because I had an autism fit about privacy (factory reset my phone and removed all Google related shit, obviously not logging in to Google, downloaded F-Droid and use all FOSS now and then realized I can't be using Win 10 if I want to at least somewhat privatize my shit).
Anyway, Manjaro is..ok. It took a bit to set it up properly and it's kinda dodgy when it comes to plugging the laptop into an external monitor and it doesn't recognize my keyboard upon boot if it's plugged into USB 3.0 (the other USB ports work fine, so it's not a big deal)... For browsing the internet, torrenting shit, watching movies and listening to music it's working great. Not looking to switch back at the moment.

Attached: a7RkJNM691UCsJU53Fmg9cbIr_BqMxTmKwrGRFnK3q8.jpg (640x853, 87K)

>is there an actual reason to use Windows 10 over Linux other than larping as mr normalfag?
Yes, being over 20 and doing actual productive work as opposed to self-indulgent wankery

>muh games
>good point if you are an underage teenager or an immature manchild
So football is for manchildren as well? And basketball? After all those are games too.

>it's easier
>not knowing how to fix your own problems and troubleshooting every 5 minutes because something went wrong sure sounds easier
Here's where you are wrong. It's easier means that when you have a looming deadline and your entire office is yelling at you to deliver the fucking update, you won't be stuck fiddling with some ill conceived OS complexity that broke at the last minute and you will be able to actually work and deliver instead.

>security
>wangblows is notorious for having problems in their security, as they have a virus problem every two weeks and having to look up errors becuase you don't know the root of the problem
Sure, Windows 98 was unsafe. Windows 10 is more secure than any Linux.

>so please tell me why you still use Windows
Why do you care what I use? Use whatever the fuck you want to use. I have several Windows machines, several Linux VMs and several dedicated Linux machines. If you want to be a professional then be good with all of them. Or do you really want to be that Linux guy that can't find the Event Viewer in Windows after claiming he's a professional?

Stop playing the elitism game and start playing the productivity gain. You don't judge a person for using a power tool, why do you judge a person for using a certain OS?

Because I'm not an Elitist Nigger Faggot!
Also if you enjoy using Linux for Nigger, nobody cares...

Attached: anon uses linux in class.jpg (626x998, 203K)

I use a lot of sotware that just doesn't exist in Linux. Wine is still a piece of shit and using a VM is really REALLY inefficient

linux can't compete as a desktop OS

Attached: 1562720839803.webm (720x908, 2.72M)

Incorrect.
Steam has more native games for Linux than you have time to play.
If you turn on Proton then you have even more games.

>t. Linux gamer

How would one go about degoogle-ing an iPhone?

Attached: 1560719954122.jpg (500x430, 37K)

Games and ease of use.

>not knowing how to fix your own problems and troubleshooting every 5 minutes because something went wrong sure sounds easier
Don't blame me for your mistakes, retard.
I personally install every vcredist that I know I'll need on Day 1, among other libraries to avoid having programs ever crash on me.
The only way a program can crash on my end normally, is always a mistake from the developer.
In contrast, I had to google a bunch of things to have Wine work on my end correctly, simply installing it wouldn't cut it.

throwing it out

/thread

>Windows 10 is more secure than any Linux.
You almost had me. Well played, 8/10.

Attached: 1557883423577.webm (878x480, 2.68M)

When I use my DJ controller on Linux and have Mixxx (the FOSS equivalent of Serato) open, none of the audio from anything else can play. Usually this would be a good thing since you wouldn't want dumb shit you didn't plan for to play over your music during a live set, but I'm trying to follow video tutorials, and when Mixxx is open then for some reason videos in Firefox stop playing and loading, so basically you can either have Mixxx open or everything else open. When I do this on Windows 7, everything works the expected way without me having to fuck with any audio settings. I've tried Googling the solution before (actually DuckDuckGo'ing but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily lol) but couldn't find anything because no one who uses Linux does anything outside of programming on it.

FWIW, this is coming from a former Linux apologist.

Attached: 10034808_800.jpg (800x431, 56K)

Why use one over the other when you can literally just dual boot both and keep other distros on thumbdrives if you need them
Or are you too retarded to figure that out

10/10 spot on

Because Mixxx is takes over ALSA to reduce latency, dumbass
mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/troubleshooting

Linux on a desktop is a meme.

I just installed a Ubuntu clone and sound did not work out of the box. You have no way to view chip temperatures out of the box, and once you configure them you don’t know what is what because they all have incomprehensible names. I was trying to get hardware acceleration working on mpv and it was wonky. The memes about having to follow incomprehensible commands on shady websites on the internet is true. The meme image that shows the Windows start menu screen with a happy sun and Linux and a termmial with fuck you is true.

>underage teenager or an immature manchild
I don't get this meme. What's wrong with gaming as an adult? What should we be doing with our free time? Getting accused of rape for talking to women?

Yes

>AutoCAD
>CorelDraw
>VisualDSP

That's just the stuff I use that unfortunately has no Linux alternatives.
Also, if that was only available in Linux I'd use that, an OS is just background.

i like ltsc, i think it's fine

Attached: 1562351145615.png (1920x1080, 3.73M)

All of that works on my machine. Sounds like you're using shit hardware to me.

Becoming reliant on proprietary software is shortsighted. The developers could change the licensing/business model on you like photoshop has made it an overpriced subscription fee, abandon it or fuck you over anyway they please. Proprietary software also has a tendency to get worse over time whereas free software gets better.

>free software gets better
kek

Compare linux now to linux 10 years ago. Then compare windows 7 to windows 10. It's undeniable that free software is improving rapidly while proprietary shit gets even worse.

>Proprietary software also has a tendency to get worse over time whereas free software gets better.
That's a really bad generalization. Some are good and some are bad. As far as desktop OS's go, Linux just isn't as good. And that's been proven for the past few decades.

There's sadly no FOSS CAD, technical drawing and PCB design software worth using professionally. Stuff like FreeCAD and KiCAD is only enough for small homebrew projects.

To trigger your autistic ass out into space.

>larping as an adult with the "games is for children".
It's quite stupid to do that, specially on the point where linux can run all the GOOD games.

>specially

Because of its unrivaled Japanese local support.

Linux severely lack of this that why 97% of Japanese used Windows over linux.

Attached: Japanese Locale Support.png (3532x1061, 1.74M)

why this board consider vidya childish? is watching tv childish? what about other hobbies?

These same people who proudly show you their riced up animu desktop or My Little Pony collection.

Other than that it runs a program you want or hardware compatibility, no. But you already knew that right? Now stop making these retarded threads.

It makes your start menu look a little cleaner other than that it's a placebo.

muh hentai games

>is there an actual reason to use Linux over Windows 10 other than larping as mr weirdyfag?

it's a static build with support for 10 years, with no store or other uwp shit.

Static in the fact it doesn't receive feature updates that doesn't actually translate in to you having to reboot any less. Yeah it doesn't have UWP shit apart from the settings app, so it's useful if you want to save like a gig of space on the 30 gig install that windows is. Also you will find after about 5 years of use many drivers like nvidia and many programs like photoshop will just not support it anymore. I've used it LTSB 2016 for a couple years and just switched to enterprise because it makes more sense.

Don't get me wrong it has it's uses but for a gaymer like you and I, it's a placebo.

it will remain the same build, with the same features and driver support until eol. just like 7.

wrong. it uses less resources than enterprise for i stance.

>it will remain the same build, with the same features and driver support until eol. just like 7.
Not true as demonstrated by nvidia
>wrong. it uses less resources than enterprise for i stance.
How so? I haven't noticed any less CPU or RAM usage on LTSC.

Zoom zoom, it's a summerfag.
> Sure, Windows 98 was unsafe. Windows 10 is > more secure than any Linux
I call bullshit, enjoy your spyware.
> Why do you care what I use? Use whatever >the fuck you want to use. I have several >Windows machines, several Linux VMs and >several dedicated Linux machines. If you want >to be a professional then be good with all of >them. Or do you really want to be that Linux >guy that can't find the Event Viewer in >Windows after claiming he's a professional?

>Stop playing the elitism game and start >playing the productivity gain. You don't judge a >person for using a power tool, why do you >judge a person for using a certain OS?

Contrarian detected.

Someone's butthurt
Bait
Based
Ching chong wintoddler boss.
Fake musician found.
Zoom zoom, back to gaymerfag.
Nips are cucked since WW2
Based
pedoweeb

i have noticed less RAM. you can use whatever you want, i run both ltsb2016 and ltsc2019 on two different pcs just fine. noth intel+nvidia machines.

Not trying to tell you what to use, LTSC/LTSB is absolutely fine, I would question whether it actually performs better though, for a really low end machine it might be worth it, but at that point why not install a linux distro, unless there's something on windows you really need to run on a low end machine. I'm presuming you're using LTSC with the nvidia machine because LTSB wont work with the latest nvidia drivers and I wouldn't expect nvidia to support LTSC 2019 for the next 10 years so you will inevitably have to switch to current branch. Overall I prefer LTSC because it comes with a more desirable config by default but it's effectively the same as current branch for the majority of people.

Misread that, are you using an old nvidia driver on LTSB?

I just like Windows better. I've used Linux for 2-3 years when I had an older computer. Now that I have a decent computer, I find windows nicer. I've tried using Linux on this computer, but I've always run into problems. And I do like playing a game or two once in a while with some friends.

I actually have a job.

No barebones programs.
>adobe suite programs
I'm Graphic designer.
I have to use these in my work.
It's either Windows or OSX. And I hate Apple hardware.
unless there's some way to compile and run the Adobe suite on linux, I can't use it.

Gaymerfag/contrarian, enjoy your spyware OS.

I don't know why you're angry, but thanks I am.

Attached: 1542743106854.gif (500x202, 1000K)

no

Have sex

I do, with your sister.
Quote which line you're responding to moron.

Win + X

Attached: menu.png (277x588, 10K)

>>it's easier
>>security
>wangblows is notorious for having problems in their security, as they have a virus problem every two weeks and having to look up errors becuase you don't know the root of the problem
works on my machine

You're tempting me.

>i will never be any sort of contributor to society: the post

reminder that:
>"muh" anything
>summerfag/newfag/gamerfag
>ching chong wintoddler boss
>fake musician found
>go back to /v/
>nips are cucked since ww2
>pedoweeb
none of these are arguments.

>inb4 similar non-arguments

>Recently switched
>Calling people normies
You're a huge faggot

Drivers and memory management that don't drive you insane.

>>muh games
Stop being insecure manchild and try enjoying what you like instead of getting peer pressured into it. There are good games for Linux. And it runs Quake.
>>it's easier
Not having problems that can't be solved with "turning it off and on again" to begin with is definitely easier than skimming through man pages, bloated (or uninformative) wikis etc, only to find a solution on some obscure forum that doesn't directly relate to your problem
Or how about kernel stuff like fucked up sound on AMD systems with realtek chips that hasn't been fixed from 2017?
>>security
Yeah, sure if you still live in year 2000 and use Windows 98. Nowadays you hear about holes in CPUs more often than Windows.

Pretty much. It's a bait thread but not a funny one because the OP couldn't come up with his own original insults.

what's worse is that so many people on Jow Forums say these extremely cringy non-arguments completely unironically that it's almost impossible to tell bait from real posts anymore

CAD software

Programs like Vegas Pro

FPBP

>apple file name format
the absolute state of this board
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier
stay mad, curryfag

Linux is a kernel

If you make general use applications you need it to properly build and test them. For daily use though, no, not really. Even with games, systems like lutris/proton work really well for running things native to windows on linux and windows doesn't really have anything else that useful that linux doesn't, I'd even go as far to say that outside of C#, windows is actually quite a pain in the ass to develop applications for.

Attached: 5e815b5ec929317a816011b611e87cd1388aa56b12ffe2f1ddea90aa3ca435dc.jpg (1561x2048, 319K)

It looks exactly like the same mid-90s grade shit it looked like 20 years ago.

highly accurate, op btfo

>If it can't run on linux, then it must just be a bad game :^)
kek, the cope truly is limitless.

i was dual booting with windows and accidently mounted my hard drive to sda1 and im too much of a lazy peace of shit to reinstall

>How are you supposed to replace Microsoft Office?
Libre Office

Attached: smol.png (295x208, 69K)

My AutoHotkey scripts run on Windows.

Attached: foxface.jpg (600x571, 123K)

i'm a working professional using the adobe creative suite
>inb4 "get a mac"
no. TCO is off the chart in appleland.

What scripts would that be, user?

Attached: 1499467217789.png (203x231, 4K)

I use windows 10 over linux distro because I value my time.

This.

+ faster patches + faster solutions + user base larger by at least 10 magnitudes + profitable

Imagine using a laggy tranny coc'd kernel

Attached: 20190517_224751.png (1440x2475, 359K)

>so please tell me why you still use Windows
Because it just works, especially on laptops. With Windows the OS does the maintenance work, with Linux you do it. In other words, with Linux, you work for your computer. With Windows, your computer works for you.

>waaaaaah why people use different OS than linux reeeeee
>people that uses windows are retarded amritie Jow Forums?
Fuck off

indeed. its the best version of Windows 10.

Attached: ltsc-startmenu.png (1768x992, 460K)

Does anyone know how to set up shortcuts for stuff like
>switching workspaces
>moving windows between workspaces
>maximizing windows
and other actions in general in windows? I miss simple shit like this, most desktop environments in Linux allow fully customizing keyboard shortcuts while Microsoft makes it fucking hard or impossible

What do you mean, larping as a Mr. Normalfag?
Don't you mean to say you're the one larping as a Mr. Hacker?
You're dumb as shit, and think the opposite of what's true. Piss off.

Beautiful

use a third-party window manager.

>Yes, being over 20 and doing actual productive work as opposed to self-indulgent wankery
So being a sysadmin or software dev is not productive to you?
>So football is for manchildren as well? And basketball? After all those are games too.
Computer games you moron.
>Here's where you are wrong. It's easier means that when you have a looming deadline and your entire office is yelling at you to deliver the fucking update, you won't be stuck fiddling with some ill conceived OS complexity that broke at the last minute and you will be able to actually work and deliver instead.
Then why do you use Win 10?
>Sure, Windows 98 was unsafe. Windows 10 is more secure than any Linux.
TOPKEK.
>Why do you care what I use? Use whatever the fuck you want to use. I have several Windows machines, several Linux VMs and several dedicated Linux machines. If you want to be a professional then be good with all of them. Or do you really want to be that Linux guy that can't find the Event Viewer in Windows after claiming he's a professional?
>suddenly every shill has a linux server
Sure thing buddy.
>Stop playing the elitism game and start playing the productivity gain. You don't judge a person for using a power tool, why do you judge a person for using a certain OS?
>implying I do

Hi, pajeet.

this is the power of Jow Forums

>closed source
Only marketing shills say this instead of non-free/proprietary.

hoes mad

The chink got BTFO'd.

>you need it to properly build and test them
You should, but the reality is a shitshow.

>third party window manager
>in windows
There is no such thing