/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Samuel Price
Samuel Price

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
State budget & CURRENCY
Post at least some attempt at a parts list
List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
R7 1700X - Budget video editing
R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
GTX 1660 - standard
RX 5700 - overkill framerates*
1440p 16:9 + 1080p 21:9
RX 5700 - basic
RX 5700XT - standard*
RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in some games*
2160p 16:9 + 1440p 21:9
RTX 2070 Super - standard
RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive
*requires complementary CPU and high Hz monitor

General:
PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous: jowforums.com/thread/71859217/technology

Attached: 1560550280993.png (488 KB, 1600x900)

Other urls found in this thread:

jowforums.com/thread/71859217/technology
newegg.com/p/N82E16813119199
newegg.com/p/N82E16813144188
pcpartpicker.com/list/jmGtw6HECK
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FrZr3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/bx7ZsZ
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/49N9fH
computers.woot.com/offers/hp-144hz-full-hd-gaming-monitors
pcpartpicker.com/list/FpKxnH
pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf
amazon.com/ASUS-VG279Q-Monitor-FreeSync-Adaptive/dp/B07KXHTRT5
amazon.com/FreeSync-Monitor-Exclusive-2560x1440-Display/dp/B07MVX3PKS/
amazon.com/ASUS-PG279QZ-Ergonomic-G-Sync-Monitor/dp/B07HZSBW7V
pcpartpicker.com/list/
youtube.com/watch?v=7MLr1nijHIo
pcpartpicker.com/list/qP9XTB
pcpartpicker.com/list/CG2ZsZ
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=639584818
youtube.com/watch?v=V3AMz-xZ2VM
amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560-2230-Gigabit/dp/B07G42J6KQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Intel 9560&qid=1563062442&s=electronics&sr=1-1
notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-G-GA502DU-Ryzen-7-3750H-GTX-1660-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.421577.0.html
jowforums.com/thread/71868027/technology
youtube.com/watch?v=yoFN_QDuvVc

Aiden Davis
Aiden Davis

When should I replace my power supply?
I built my current PC 5 years ago, I bought a normal Seasonic PSU.
A few years ago I got a deal on a Modular Seasonic PSU and threw it in.

Im commited to upgrading my PC, I cant decide if I should use the old PSU or not. EIther PSU I have laying around has 2-3 years use on it. I turn my PC off every night.
I know seasonics are pretty good, but I dont want it failing and hurting my new rig.

Jason Perry
Jason Perry

When will the non blower Radeon 5700's be released? Surely the brand designs have been created by now.

Gavin Long
Gavin Long

similar question but with my CX600M from 2014

Jaxon Sullivan
Jaxon Sullivan

probably when the blower designs are released

James Long
James Long

why do i keep seeing people shill for the x570?
what more does it bring compared to b450
also is pcie 4.0 a meme compared to the pcie 2.0 of b450
mainly for gayming

Ian Morris
Ian Morris

Its a 620w Seasonic, and I was looking into a 3700x and 5700XT.

Jayden Perez
Jayden Perez

Are EDIFIER R1600 TIII the best bang for buck general purpose speakers? I don't have any speakers for my new build yet and after using build-in speakers for years I've been meaning to get some decent ones

Attached: 1533678880570.jpg (75 KB, 800x597)

Joseph Sullivan
Joseph Sullivan

And bronze

Nolan Hughes
Nolan Hughes

I would ask /hpg/ since the audio general isnt up

Joshua Green
Joshua Green

finally manage to finish building the system the cpu cooler pissed me off
cpu not detected
Alright what should I do until MSI fix their shitty BIOS?

Attached: 1543694484302m.jpg (58 KB, 1024x576)

Gabriel Russell
Gabriel Russell

just sold my z87 and 4670k for 180$, did I do good ?

Nathaniel Cooper
Nathaniel Cooper

micca full range + SMSL amp

Isaac Flores
Isaac Flores

Still trying to decide between the Asus Prime X570-P and the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon

newegg.com/p/N82E16813119199
newegg.com/p/N82E16813144188

Attached: carbon-vs-prime.jpg (192 KB, 985x610)

Dylan Watson
Dylan Watson

Anyone here ever built in a Silverstone RVZ03? How much of pain was it to build in and was it worth it for the form factor?
I'm planning to build in it because I want something that I can easily take with me anywhere and has great cooling. Probably going to stick a R7 1700 and Radeon 5700 in it when the partner cards are released.

Jose Barnes
Jose Barnes

Remember to buy Intel and Nvidia if you want quality that will last.

Jayden Brooks
Jayden Brooks

The x570 is guaranteed to boot atleast.

Gavin Reyes
Gavin Reyes

R7 1700
bruh

Nathan Rodriguez
Nathan Rodriguez

speakers
did you flash it before putting the cpu?

Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson

Literally nothing worthwhile about x570. In fact asus and gigabyte are beginning to enable PCIe-4.0 on x470 and select b450 through software updates.

Wyatt Cook
Wyatt Cook

what's that? i can't hear you over the VVVVRRRRRRRR

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

If it works then don't bother.

Jason Morris
Jason Morris

Attached: 1562991757164.png (32 KB, 600x600)

Mason Nguyen
Mason Nguyen

Nothing. Jow Forums on every hardware release gets filled up with bunch of tech illiterate retards from /v/ who spend more on CPU and Mobo than on GPU and then cry about bottlenecks.

Matthew Smith
Matthew Smith

Are you going to actually say why you disagree with my choice in CPU or are you just going to throw a meme arrow my way because that's the cool thing to do?

Nolan Adams
Nolan Adams

I turn my PC off every night.
there are people that don't?

Attached: 1524256880709.jpg (59 KB, 513x510)

Cooper Thomas
Cooper Thomas

anyone here got a B450M gaming plus? (or just the 450 gaming plus, suppose the size shouldnt matter for this question)
have you successfully update your BIOS using the flashback button with no CPU? I'm ordering soon and the mortar and bazooka plus are still out of stock.

Kayden Robinson
Kayden Robinson

First tell us why you want a long obsolete 2017 CPU?

Juan Brooks
Juan Brooks

mid august

Brody Morris
Brody Morris

Used to do that back in the old pre-newfag Internet days when all you could get is 512kbs tops so downloading anything ambitious would take weeks.

Oliver Walker
Oliver Walker

ASRock - X570M Pro 4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard is 250$
MSI X570-A Pro is 210$
MSI X570 Gaming Plus is 224$
fuck VAT

Evan Taylor
Evan Taylor

Yes I first flashed it when nothing was installed yet, and I also tried flashing it again after it failed to see the cpu

Jose Edwards
Jose Edwards

CPU connectors problem maybe?

Dominic Miller
Dominic Miller

Anyone running fabric clock over 1866?

Gavin Stewart
Gavin Stewart

8c/16t
obsolete
If it's the best dirt cheap CPU I can buy, then it's the best CPU for the build. Tell my why I should get anything else for playing games on my TV at 1440p. Even my 1800x gives me around 110fps at its worst and past that my Vega 64 is almost always the first to bottleneck. So the fact I'll be using this on a 60hz display means there is literally no reason not to get the 1700.

Benjamin Torres
Benjamin Torres

Stuck on fucking 6700k and 1070 GTX because I'm not rich enough to justify buying something like a 3700x for marginal performance gains or something like a 2800 RTX Ti for that stupid amount of money
In terms of resolution and refresh ratio any realistic jump above mine would require a $800+ monitor
Fuck this shit. Gaming honestly got too expensive.

Blake Peterson
Blake Peterson

My 3900x on the gigabyte aorus master motherboard does not show a CPU temperature in most monitoring software(shows in ryzen master and in BIOS). I have the latest gigabyte bios so I'm kind of at a loss.

Ethan Carter
Ethan Carter

3600 makes way more sense unless you're getting that 1700 for near $100.

Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

I've tricked my brother and dad respectively into Shitzen 3700x and Shitzen 3600. Am I a terrible person?

Henry Turner
Henry Turner

Attached: 1562961991604.png (164 KB, 1200x800)

Jaxson Gray
Jaxson Gray

Prime Day is almost upon us, anons... What do I get? 10 year old pc currently, have needed an upgrade for awhile. I plan on getting the majority of my parts if there are good deals (which there should be). I don't want to get an x570 board because it costs more but the x470s have problems right now with the new ryzen cpus yes?

John King
John King

6700k and 1070 GTX
take the amd pill
jewish companies honestly got too expensive.
ftfy

Attached: 1562709177392.png (357 KB, 1920x600)

Xavier Diaz
Xavier Diaz

Would jump the ship too honestly if I already didn't own 6700k. Will wait till next gen consoles start using zen apu and bottleneck my incel CPU.

Jackson Lee
Jackson Lee

literally dabbing on yourself by buying people superior systems
top lel

Christopher Howard
Christopher Howard

The CPU is actually i7 9700K 3.6GHZ

I upgraded from 8350 FX, 16 GB ddr and r9 290 4GB

All this crap cost me 1k dollars

Attached: file.png (60 KB, 661x525)

Joshua Hughes
Joshua Hughes

Is emulation still shit on AMD?

Kayden Smith
Kayden Smith

I might actually do it when nonref 5700 XT come out. Would sell my 1070 for $150-$200 to some retard on Ebay and add another $200 for Sapphire.

Isaiah Reed
Isaiah Reed

I am currently making a new build and i require some help with motherboards and the new generation of ryzen cpus. i am looking at buying something like "gigabytes b450 aorus pro" for a ryzen 5 3600. the board itself is not new and has had a few different bios versions. now my question is: if i buy now, what factor determines which bios version is on there and how would i get the ryzen 3rd gen ready bios version on there if i dont possess an already bios version compatible cpu in the first place? or could it be that older versions dont necessarily blocks me from entering the bios anyway and i can just flash the new one?

Dylan Parker
Dylan Parker

It's about $115. Why would I pay more when I can put the money saved towards a better GPU that'd offer FAR more performance?
but it's more future proof!
I'll get a 3700x in 2 years when that's as much as the 1700x is.

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

When are the 5700 XT AIBs coming out? I need it before August 26

Jackson Davis
Jackson Davis

sapphire come out mid august

Oliver Parker
Oliver Parker

Maybe? But since I heard a lot of people are having the problem I'm gonna wait a bit and see if a new BIOS version would fix it instead.

Evan Sanders
Evan Sanders

did you put in the cpu in the right way?

Kevin Johnson
Kevin Johnson

Why would I pay more when I can put the money saved towards a better GPU that'd offer FAR more performance?
because your cpu will bottleneck your rig

Cameron Martin
Cameron Martin

I never turn mine off as I have an external connected for torrents I seed 24/7.

What GPU for 1080p with a 144Hz monitor?

John Wilson
John Wilson

GOOOO AMMMDDDDD!!!!!

XD

I just started my own YOUTUBE CHANNEL and i'm trying to make vids about the sort of mental issues that i go through every day!!! my parents loaned me some money to buy a camera and a computer to make it happen, so I wanted to build THE BEST I could.

PLZ NO BULLY

pcpartpicker.com/list/jmGtw6HECK IT OUT!!!!

Robert Roberts
Robert Roberts

RTX2060 or at least a gtx1070 if you can find one for cheap

Josiah Gomez
Josiah Gomez

I guess I should mention the things i'm worried about are updating bios and it working properly. I've heard some people say you have to get a special lite version of the bios because the chip in the b450 is too small to handle the newest bios.
and of course for the x570 i'm worried about the fan.
how has everyone's experiences been with either of these situations?

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

Is it even possible to put it in the wrong direction? I double checked to see if the triangle was in the right spot

Adam Fisher
Adam Fisher

What GPU for 1080p with a 144Hz monitor?
5700 or 5700xt
also bless you for your seed

Chase Torres
Chase Torres

Finished a 3600X/2070S build today as a gift for my brother. Bios flashback worked just fine on B450 pro carbon, I was concerned because I keep reading about people having issues. Voltages are proper and temps are staying reasonable, not sure if I have dumb luck or what based on everything I read about the beta bios.

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

Good Evening fellas,
I'm looking for some help with a gaming build I've not really been keeping up with computer hardware recently so I'd really appreciate some help.

I'll be using GBP and absolute limit is £950.

I've got money for other peripherals so don't worry about that.

I will be only gaming aside from web browsing and documents.

I will be playing at 1080p at 144Hz - on ultra settings if budget allows.

Here is my PCPartPicker link for what I have so far.
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FrZr3b

Asher Robinson
Asher Robinson

Can someone tell me the problem with x470 mobos and the Ryzen 3000 series cpus? How badly will I be fucked if I get one? They're cheaper.

Henry Morgan
Henry Morgan

1660 Ti, 1070, 2060, 5700
in order from least to most overkill

Isaiah Garcia
Isaiah Garcia

and i'm trying to make vids about the sort of mental issues that i go through every day!!! my parents loaned me some money to buy a camera and a computer to make it happen
we didn't need to hear that
solid build, might be a bit overkill

Attached: 1522250882501.png (175 KB, 295x366)

Ethan Bailey
Ethan Bailey

How? Please explain how a R7 1700 it going to bottleneck a 5700 running on a 60hz display running at 1440p? And again, I''m currently using an 1800x with a Vega 64 and at 1440p the Vega 64 ALWAYS bottlenecks first outside of freaking Dota 2 and other heavily singlethreaded esport shit which I have no plans of playing on a TV. Not to mention games only get more demanding so the GPU will continue to be the most limiting factor.

Nolan Gomez
Nolan Gomez

I wish they made more GPU reviews for 3440x1440. I'm curious about 5700 XT.

Matthew Russell
Matthew Russell

I basically only use 3 private trackers and seed back everything. It's a 4TB drive so I'll delete shit when it runs out of space. Getting mass bonus points for free Upload.

Lucas Johnson
Lucas Johnson

2070S
as a gift

Attached: 1562889561186.jpg (878 KB, 2419x3226)

Charles Adams
Charles Adams

I'll be using GBP and absolute limit is £950.
i don't think any shop will trade hardware for your good boy points

Nathan Gray
Nathan Gray

60hz display
my bad

Caleb Flores
Caleb Flores

I haven't built a PC since the gtx 780 and I look up the prices for the 2080 and it's like 200 dollars more than the 780 was when that came out

Attached: 1474246020001.png (8 KB, 687x450)

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

i hope this is a joke, otherwise I hope you bleed out from slitting your wrists, remember, down the block not across the street

Logan Allen
Logan Allen

It's about $115
I'll get a 3700x in 2 years when that's as much as the 1700x is.

Thank you for your service. Tards like you are why I can buy and flip hardware every year or two and stay up to date.

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

does anyone have the spreadsheet of AM4 motherboards?
I could really really use it, thanks.

Lincoln Moore
Lincoln Moore

They are using the 2070's plastic casing, retard. Stop spamming this every hour.

Brandon Sanders
Brandon Sanders

closing in on Zen+ latency, need to go TIGHTER

Attached: aida-cmb1.png (168 KB, 541x518)

Tyler Martinez
Tyler Martinez

pcpartpicker.com/list/bx7ZsZ

I've been working on this list for about a month. I have the needed funds coming up on the next pay day so money is not a issue. Can i get some general tips on purchasing parts, using best buy price match, any things anons wish they knew before pulling the trigger on a rig.

Attached: gun-butt.jpg (73 KB, 1080x1080)

William Scott
William Scott

I SAID NO BULLY

NOT COOL

Adrian Martin
Adrian Martin

Honestly, even if it was a 144hz display I don't even see a problem considering the 5700 hardly ever pushes more than a maximum of 90 frames at 1440p ultra in new single player games which the 1700 would really have no problem keeping up with for the vast majority of gameplay.

James Ross
James Ross

What are you doing with it, why are you buying a shitty video card

Dylan Parker
Dylan Parker

Here you go m8, fixed your dog's dinner of a build
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/49N9fH

Jose Ward
Jose Ward

The AMD FX CPUs & The Bulldozer Architecture were ahead of their time, in that most games (and some other software) didn't take good advantage of their architecture or all of their threads at all. They were not optimised at all an architecture that bore more resemblance to servers processors rather than desktop processors. Windows 7 as an example was completely optimised for this radically different architecture. The absolutely most powerful multi-threaded CPUs were still Intel at the time, but they were just exponentially more expensive, but power users who cared about that tended not to bother with the 8-core FX chips, but the 8-core FX chips were great value for some people. AMD just wasn't able to sell enough of them. Ryzen seemed to continue the same sort of trend of offering even more threads, but its single threaded performance also improved a lot as well, and it represented AMD getting a lot closer to Intel's highest performing chips, whereas Intel's IPC and manufacturing improvements had slowed down a lot (making it possible for AMD to catch up).

Now, just exactly how Intel allowed AMD to overtake them is, on the other hand, a much more complex question. It's not like Intel is dead yet or anything. They're still selling lots of CPUs and making lots of profits, it's just that their sales and their profits are going to be in decline for a while. Whether Intel will be able to get things under control and stay competitive enough to defend a lot of their market share in the CPU market is not clear to me, but it seems that their reliance on their own manufacturing has made them less flexible than AMD, at least for now.

the old iconography was also great

Attached: AMD-FX-Logo-(1).png (37 KB, 220x186)

Jackson Ramirez
Jackson Ramirez

Anyone have any opinions on the rosewill cullinan mx case? Normally 130 burger bucks but I can get one for $45 right now at a reseller. I was gonna get a meshify c but now I'm not sure.

Attached: 1537404343924.gif (12 KB, 100x100)

Camden King
Camden King

a-anyone? it's the spreadsheet that shows form factor, recommended number of cores, VRM info, whether they have bios flashback or not and other info

Robert Allen
Robert Allen

haha! You're welcome! Staying up to date with technology that's subjectively marginally better than old stuff is very important after all! Can't resist all that marketing!

Elijah Bell
Elijah Bell

Did you just copy that post from rebbit?

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

sorry wrong thread

Brody Robinson
Brody Robinson

Is there really only a <10% single-core boost between Skylake and Zen 2? I've been wanting to upgrade to get more cores but I thought the single-core performance would have be lifted more than 7%. Seriously reconsidering and just waiting for Zen 3 or for 8c/16t to move down to Ryzen 5 tier.

Attached: 1552527409627.png (236 KB, 1433x940)

Parker Jackson
Parker Jackson

gaming, wow classic, all the games i missed over the past 2 years. I had to travel a lot over the past two years for my career and now I'm making a good income and can go home every night, sans 7 days a year. Is the 1660TI shit? i thought it was good but not great. what do you recommend?

Attached: 008-b8c1c21b2dae62bca8d39706f0e80d9f.jpg (1.69 MB, 1181x1670)

Asher Perez
Asher Perez

470$
618$
where do you live and how high are the taxes?

Jason Hughes
Jason Hughes

Not him but the 1660Ti is squarely in the mid-range

Jordan Torres
Jordan Torres

hey guys, I have two old western digital raptors from 2003 that are 36GB
I looked it up and apparently they have 10,000 rpm
is there anything I can really do with them? they're just the right size to fit win7 on them, though they'd be pretty much full

on the build that I'm planning to buy I'm getting a 500GB SSD, which outclasses it in pretty much everything
but I do have a bunch of old leftover parts and I'm curious if it'd be profitable to put together something cheap and sell it for $100 or $200 on craigslist or something

also, I looked up the gpu I have in my old build and it's like 50 cents but is the theory of buying and putting together desktops that can only browse the internet, watch movies and maybe do some light gaming on old games like DOOM and indie games a viable way to earn some neetbux?

I'm just looking for a way to get rid of my old shit without it going to waste, since I made use of it for a long time (pretty much a decade) by debloating the shit out of win7 and taking decent care of it, just a thought since I don't want to toss it all in the trash

Attached: [email protected]Microtower---System-Summary.png (74 KB, 656x585)

Zachary Johnson
Zachary Johnson

well?

Attached: 3700x-vs-i7920.jpg (171 KB, 1129x790)

Mason Lopez
Mason Lopez

I have no idea where UserBenchmark is getting their prices but I am a leaf so a 3700X is anywhere between $440 - $470 depending on demand-based markup.

Carson Parker
Carson Parker

do it

Brody Kelly
Brody Kelly

this one?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Justin Gray
Justin Gray

RTX 2070 Super - standard

would you recommend this? i wanna go 4-5 years without the need to upgrade, aside from garbing a second 32g ram set.

Attached: 1534966674207.png (2.16 MB, 1191x1684)

Levi Cruz
Levi Cruz

get a 3600 instead, unless you truly need the 3700x

Justin Foster
Justin Foster

slightly puffy
nnnnnnghhh

Joshua Rivera
Joshua Rivera

That or the 5700XT (after they solve whatever driver & BIOS issues they have) are probably the best "value" (still overpriced) for high-end cards right now.

Jordan Thomas
Jordan Thomas

yes, thank you user

Charles Bailey
Charles Bailey

Reminder first gen Ryzens are now absolute dirt cheap (the 1600 is $100) and they get you 80% of Ryzen 3 performance. Also basically every 1600 will do 3.7-3.8 OC

The value is insane

Attached: 1M0a0dA.png (416 KB, 1406x793)

Jacob Johnson
Jacob Johnson

Staying up to date with technology that's subjectively marginally better than old stuff is very important after all!

Depends on who you are and what you do.
If you are a NEET who couldnt shell out the money for a decent rig in the first place, then no it probably isnt all that important to you.
Picking up peoples used, out of warranty scraps has its place.

Andrew Sanchez
Andrew Sanchez

Trying to find a new monitor to last me the next 9 years like my current ones do.

From most to least important

IPS (willing to go TN but would need a good as fuck reason)
More-than-60hz framerate
Low latency (current monitor is 2ms, willing to go as far as maybe 5ms)
FreeSync/GSync (I have a 2080ti)
Stand allows monitor to rotate vertically or just has VESA mounts

Attached: 1548092867489.webm (2.97 MB, 1122x800)

Tyler Turner
Tyler Turner

Ryzen X chips are a meme. The non X chips are the exact same silicon and will easily OC to X performance.

Jonathan Parker
Jonathan Parker

All monitors are garbage right now. Wait 3-5 more years.

Zachary Harris
Zachary Harris

Attached: 7lwdk3n.png (491 KB, 1415x796)

Leo Carter
Leo Carter

see upcoming monitor
has everything I want
Its Gsync
How long does it take for Freesyncs variants to release usually

Christopher Parker
Christopher Parker

IPS
Low latency
Pick one. Best you'll get is 4-5ms, with fudged numbers.

Jordan Hall
Jordan Hall

Is this a good monitor
computers.woot.com/offers/hp-144hz-full-hd-gaming-monitors

Connor Watson
Connor Watson

Probably one of those $500 ASUS monitors would be your best bet

Noah Torres
Noah Torres

There are no good monitors.

Isaac Nguyen
Isaac Nguyen

theyre literally the same you mong
inb4 but I have an AMD card
kek, he doesn't know

Justin Morris
Justin Morris

TN
if you don't care about having nice colors and constrast then sure

Landon Gomez
Landon Gomez

current old build:
i7 2600k
8gb of slow ram
nvidia 660
what's the least I can spend to game at 1440 on mid to high settings? no interest in max/ultra etc.

Brayden Peterson
Brayden Peterson

How do you get nice colors and good response times though?

Carson White
Carson White

but there is no non x version of the 3700x

Camden Cruz
Camden Cruz

So I just upgraded my mobo and cpu, and after putting it together Im getting no visual signal. On start up all of the fans/leds start up and I’m getting red lights coming from my ram slot and my atx power connector. How much did I screw up?

pcpartpicker.com/list/FpKxnH

Xavier Miller
Xavier Miller

Go with a high end IPS or VA panel instead, the only advantage TN has is response times but if you get a good VA or IPS panel they're often comparable

Joshua Green
Joshua Green

Who said I was buying used?
Depends on who you are and what you do
Hence why I said "subjectively" and it my case it works perfectly well for the price.

Mason Bailey
Mason Bailey

I genuinely cannot tell the difference between TN, IPS and VA. It's all autism as far as I'm concerned.

Nathan Sanders
Nathan Sanders

t. eyelet

Wyatt Bennett
Wyatt Bennett

Did you update BIOS?

Throw in an RX 5700

Robert Reed
Robert Reed

t. brainlet

Xavier Fisher
Xavier Fisher

Check the manual, there should be a series of 4 error leds near the atx power connector if it's like the other MSI boards
You likely have the cpu not detected/fail error.

Christian Wilson
Christian Wilson

pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf
this is the cheapest 144hz monitor as far as I'm aware, it's 1080p, 1ms response and has freesync
it is a TN, because TN are ideal for response times and high refresh rates
IPS and VA are probably going to get 120hz max, that's if you're overclocking and/or spending more
if you have the money, then find something high budget
or just get a TN for gaming (like the one I linked) and then a IPS or VA which is 60hz for image quality for things like movies, anime, videos and anything else

Jayden Adams
Jayden Adams

paying for windows

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

AMD got greedy and branded what should have been the 3700 as the 3700X and 3700X as 3800X.

Jace Green
Jace Green

IPS and VA are probably going to get 120hz max, that's if you're overclocking and/or spending more
there's plenty of high refresh IPS and VA panels retard, they're just more expensive

Christian Jackson
Christian Jackson

then whats a good ips 120hz monitor with pretty-low latency

Attached: 1552176632005.webm (606 KB, 640x800)

Dominic Kelly
Dominic Kelly

I think I may just buy this one, unless its real shit
amazon.com/ASUS-VG279Q-Monitor-FreeSync-Adaptive/dp/B07KXHTRT5

It is similar to my other monitors I already have.

Benjamin Myers
Benjamin Myers

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism LED RGB (3.6 GHz / 4.4 GHz)
be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
G.Skill RipJaws 5 Series Gris 16 Go (2x 8 Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe 1 To
Seagate BarraCuda 8 To (ST8000DM004)
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W 80PLUS Platinum
Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mirror Black

I think the only problem is how hot the 5700xt get with its small cooler, any idea how to improve this build ? thanks for the help

Cameron Davis
Cameron Davis

Not yet. I just wanted make sure I hadn’t screwed to pooch before trying to reinstall my old cpu to update it. Installing the 3700x’s stock cooler is cumbersome, and I’d to avoid putting it on and taking it off as much as possible.

Samuel Roberts
Samuel Roberts

1080p 16:9
RX 5700 - overkill framerates*
Did a console player make the op?

Aaron Rogers
Aaron Rogers

IPS
1ms
144hz
can rotate vertically
what the fuck why arent people talking about this
this is exactly what wants

William Cook
William Cook

If you have money to burn you could get better RAM but otherwise it's pretty good. Wait for 3rd part coolers for the 5700XT tho

Brody Richardson
Brody Richardson

amazon.com/FreeSync-Monitor-Exclusive-2560x1440-Display/dp/B07MVX3PKS/
amazon.com/ASUS-PG279QZ-Ergonomic-G-Sync-Monitor/dp/B07HZSBW7V
these are practically the best monitors you can get for what you want

only 1080p

Henry Murphy
Henry Murphy

1ms on IPS is literally impossible, it's some kind of gimmick "gamer mode" that surely sacrifices image clarity

Thomas Turner
Thomas Turner

Well if you haven't installed the bios then there is no way it will work

Jason Mitchell
Jason Mitchell

use them to store CP
easier and cheaper if you need to destroy them

Elijah Wilson
Elijah Wilson

27" 1080p
enjoy counting pixels

Michael Hill
Michael Hill

that's if you're spending more
retard, they're just more expensive
what?
I know that Eizo Foris FG2412 is a VA panel that's 120hz with no overclocking
what resolution you looking for though? you never mentioned
the cheapest 144hz IPS I could find in a quick search is $300 and 1080p, but it does have a 1ms response time
and is VA fine as well?

Austin Bailey
Austin Bailey

I plan on buying a 5700XT, is it going to have the balls to go 1440p

Chase Jackson
Chase Jackson

Yes.

Jonathan Collins
Jonathan Collins

hmm
I already use DBAN for when I need to do fresh installs of anything
you got a point there

Jack Rodriguez
Jack Rodriguez

nothing is strong enough to go 1440p 144hz in every game, so make of that what you will

if you want 1080p IPS with high refresh and freesync you're going to have to wait

Isaac Turner
Isaac Turner

will easily OC to X performance.
not on 3000 series

Cameron Sanchez
Cameron Sanchez

I'd lean towards $100. An average 5-year-old memepad can be bought for not much more than that, has more disk space, can do everything you described, and is portable.
If you decided to keep the stuff instead you could set up a home server with one of those small drives for the OS and image it to the other drive so in the event of a drive failure there's no downtime.

Angel Stewart
Angel Stewart

1440p at what framerate, 2080ti is 90-144fps, and 5700xt is no where near that.

Connor Collins
Connor Collins

A 5700xt can do 4k 60 in most games. 1400p will be a joke you'll get over 100fps in everything

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

Factoring in x570 motherboard, I think most 3900 owners may choose the new board, and specific ram to match CPU's then with the 9900k you could save a bit of money weirdly enough. These are considerations I'm making myself on which type of build to go for.

Attached: 9900k.-3900xJPG.jpg (120 KB, 1630x563)

Zachary Brown
Zachary Brown

A 5700xt can do 4k 60 in most games.
AHAHAHAHAH "most games" let me guess, not max settings, with constant unstable framerate or e-sports titles only?

Josiah Flores
Josiah Flores

There's an assload more games than the AAA trash that (((reviewers))) use to benchmark games dumbass

Caleb Price
Caleb Price

Yes it can do 4k in everything but the most unoptimized console port garbage.

Christian Perry
Christian Perry

There's an assload more games than the AAA trash that (((reviewers))) use to benchmark games dumbass
Aha, so you suggest people use 10 year old games to benchmark new cards that just came out?
Hmmm wow.

Yes it can do 4k in everything but the most unoptimized console port garbage.
Absolutely bullshit.

Jack Miller
Jack Miller

yeah it's just a shame it's so hard to find a use for it
the hard drives would be ideal as a extremely low budget drive for installing win7 on
unfortunately in order to sell my two old PCs I would need to fix them up a little, so I'd make little profit, if anyone even buys them. it's a risk for not that much reward
I'll find something to do with them, probably just copy stuff I want to keep to both of them so that in the event of a drive failure or something I have a better chance of keeping that stuff, since they're already 16 years old and still work fine

Nicholas Allen
Nicholas Allen

Even AAA games are fine as long as it's not some bottom of the barrel trash like ubshit. Set it to high settings instead of ultra and it's perfectly fine.

Or just use 80% scaling with the new Radeon sharpening thing and get the exact same imagine quality as native 4k

Attached: qvgMj2S.png (95 KB, 730x664)

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

I mix 192 + kHz music on REAPER. Heavy track count, heavy plugins sometimes depending on material, etc.

I want a beastly computer but don't want to waste my money on gayming hardware.

pcpartpicker.com/list/

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

dude just use them as back up

Dominic Peterson
Dominic Peterson

gayming hardware.

Its all gaming hardware

Joseph Rogers
Joseph Rogers

or you can not waste money on an expensive motherboard and get cheap 3200 MHz memory, without noticing difference in performance.

Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell

Should I re thermal paste my rx 580? Its 6 months old but gets up to 80+ degrees easily

Joshua Foster
Joshua Foster

Exact same silicon
No, they're better binned chips.

Sebastian Reyes
Sebastian Reyes

47fps
people actually play at this choppy framerate and call it fine experience at 4K
CHIRST

Gavin Miller
Gavin Miller

The 1% lows are probably just a driver issue since Vega cards didn't have that problem.

James Thomas
James Thomas

6 months old
depends how cheap is the thermal you used

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

Is it? Well I'm just using my old rx 570 as a GPU so I just want a great motherboard, a great CPU, decent RAM

Jacob Gonzalez
Jacob Gonzalez

1080p is fine, i have a 4k laptop with ips and even that is kind of too much for me, linux handles it pretty shit too

1080p is fine, if i can go or 1550p or whatever 2k then that is a lot more tolerable but 4k is "to much" for me at the moment. I already scale my UI to 1.5 on windows for my 4k laptop

is anything wrong with this one? is there a "notch better" than this in terms of resolution? it seems perfect

Attached: 1551405723910.webm (2.75 MB, 320x180)

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

Just undervolt it you brainlet.

Nolan Collins
Nolan Collins

probably just driver issues
goy please BUY this card, it will get fixed, just trust us!
fucking mental shills.

Jonathan Jenkins
Jonathan Jenkins

is the stock cooler good enough for a non-overclocked 3600? I was planning on buying a pure rock slim but every review is saying it's an absolute bitch to install with a few resorting to zipties (It's gonna be my first build so I'd love for (mostly) everything to go A-okay). I'm mostly worried about noise level.

Liam Adams
Liam Adams

Reminder native 4k is a meme and you'll never be able to run AAA garbage with high FPS unless you spend insane amounts of money.

The future is upscaling technology.

youtube.com/watch?v=7MLr1nijHIo

Mason Clark
Mason Clark

Yes the stock cooler is fine. It's just noisier than third party alternatives.

Luke Jones
Luke Jones

Yes it's totally fine a 3600 consumes fuck all power you could run that thing on passive cooling.

Thomas Hernandez
Thomas Hernandez

Yeah well, probably around the same price for both set ups.

Anthony James
Anthony James

I like how everyone wrote this off as a meme when they announced it but it's actually very competent, and you don't even need to own a 5000 series card to use it

Lincoln Flores
Lincoln Flores

eh, you can get a B450 with good vrm's.

Aiden Scott
Aiden Scott

good to hear
and just to be sure, it comes with a spire and not a stealth right?

Robert Campbell
Robert Campbell

no, the 3600 comes with the shittiest cooler, he wraith stealth.
it will be noisy.

Jason Morgan
Jason Morgan

I know, Any recommendations for those good VRM boards? In two minds whether to go intel or AMD here, I'm seeing conflicting stuff with these new AMD chips, the heat they're throwing off etc.

Jaxson Kelly
Jaxson Kelly

is the stock cooler good enough for a non-overclocked 3600?
yes

Isaac James
Isaac James

but it's actually very competent
You know sharpening filters have existed for a very long time now, sweetFX ENB and such.
and you don't even need to own a 5000 series card to use it
That's where you are wrong kiddo, you NEED to have a 5000 series card to use their sharpening filter.

Adam Collins
Adam Collins

1440p at 60 FPS? fuck that
call me back then it's 1440p at 300 FPS

Jacob Gray
Jacob Gray

fugg :DDD

Julian Ortiz
Julian Ortiz

I'd take 1440p perfectly stable 144fps, but even that is not possible today.

Jaxon Sanchez
Jaxon Sanchez

what is the deal with people having issues flashing the b450s? is it just a crapshoot?

Jackson Diaz
Jackson Diaz

I love screen tearing and hotter components in the summer

Matthew Richardson
Matthew Richardson

no
stealth for non x
spire for x

Levi Gutierrez
Levi Gutierrez

and of course for the x570 i'm worried about the fan.
IIRC MSI already announced some boards with ZeroFozr technology on chipset
because as it turned out if you are not using pcie4.0 SSDs and a lot of I/O stuff radiator is enough to cool chipset and fan is just in case

Nathaniel Gonzalez
Nathaniel Gonzalez

So what is the optimal setup? 1080p 144hz for games, 32in. 4k (totally fine PPI read a book) for work, and a projector for movies?

Noah Campbell
Noah Campbell

Yeah, but those implementations aren't based on contrast and therefore have mixed results. Also someone ported their sharpening algorithim into ReShade so now you don't even have to use one of their cards to use it.

Anthony Price
Anthony Price

pcpartpicker.com/list/qP9XTB

A) How is it looking? I am trying to keep it under $1500 for everything.
B) What video card should I get?
C) What is a decent under $300 monitor?

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

I wish the Mobo reviews on youtube had focused on the fan more ..or at all, since it's such a hot button issue. I'd really like to know which fans are the loudest, which run the coolest, do any shut off entirely due to also having an efficient heatsink? etc..

Michael Young
Michael Young

RX 5700
would everything else not bottleneck it too much?

Wyatt Morris
Wyatt Morris

I wish to have a silent workstation PC. I bought a 3600X. I would want to use NH-U12A but I can not find it anywhere. Would pairing a 3600X with a NH-D15 be overkill?

Dylan Walker
Dylan Walker

pcpartpicker.com/list/CG2ZsZ

Should i upgrade?

Attached: 1490625290477.jpg (199 KB, 400x317)

Levi Young
Levi Young

friend doesn't have a PC
mutual friend gives him his old PC
8350fx at 4.0 ghz, 1060 6gb, 16gb RAM
not bad for free I'd say

Aiden Parker
Aiden Parker

Thanks bros. With your help I was able to upgrade my PC.

Went from a FX 4100 to a Ryzen 2600x with a good Newegg deal.

It's hard to fucking believe I am playing games on ultra at 60 fps instead of playing on low at 30 fps.

I'll be back to Jow Forums in 5+ years to upgrade again I guess. Farewell.

Attached: 1553584894804.png (153 KB, 402x459)

Colton Ross
Colton Ross

When are the X570 enthusiast mITX boards going to release? The ROG Strix X570-I still has no launch details on the product page.

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

B450 boards from MSI.
can't link the spreadsheet, because Jow Forums thinks every fucking link is spam.

Attached: pngout.png (282 KB, 1140x5042)

Austin Hughes
Austin Hughes

I'm also wondering if a NH-D15 is overkill for a 3700x.

Jack Myers
Jack Myers

Are you struggling you carry out tasks you need to do or want to do? If yes, upgrade. If no, don't upgrade.

Mason Reed
Mason Reed

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=639584818

Caleb Rodriguez
Caleb Rodriguez

wait don't go yet fucker
what GPU do you have

Joshua Sanchez
Joshua Sanchez

Jesus Christ, user..

Attached: bad-dog.jpg (30 KB, 500x357)

Nathan Long
Nathan Long

LG 27GL850-B, coming out early august at around 500 bucks

Jack Hall
Jack Hall

WHAT'S THE RECOMMENDED PSU WATTAGE FOR A 5700 PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY PLEASE PLEASE FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Ethan Lopez
Ethan Lopez

Far from it, my D15 struggles to keep a 3600 under 70c. Zen2 is fucking toasty.

Nolan Campbell
Nolan Campbell

JUST GET A FUCKING 650W ITS CHEAP AND GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANY BUILD

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

FUCK DUDE FIND ME ONE

Josiah Morgan
Josiah Morgan

thanks for the tip. looks good
where do people find out about up and coming monitors like this?
i might hold out for this one and get a pre-order in unless theres something else out there that overrides this

Attached: 1549868408801.webm (2.67 MB, 888x500)

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

How reliable are Zotac GPUs(more especifically,a gtx 1060 6 GB GDDR5x)?

Dominic Phillips
Dominic Phillips

SEASONIC FOCUS GOLD

Ayden Hernandez
Ayden Hernandez

theyre good, nothing special worth mentioning

Matthew Taylor
Matthew Taylor

Is this nigger better than a stock cooler that comes with the 2600? I just tried to OC it. A little to 4GHz but it overheats with this hot summer, so I left it on auto. I got this cooler from an old AM2+/3build, so I don't even think it will be compatible at all, maybe some zip ties can help.

Attached: 61fFy+0CzUL.-SY355-.jpg (15 KB, 355x355)

Dominic Russell
Dominic Russell

i just googled for new LG monitors (because I trust them the most) and I found some news articles on it. i was going to buy that one myself you know

Xavier Rodriguez
Xavier Rodriguez

860 evo cuz no difference in gayming between sata interface and nvme
youtube.com/watch?v=V3AMz-xZ2VM
go b450 mobo
5700xt for gpu but wait aib mid august

Aiden Moore
Aiden Moore

Got these open in tabs/image viewer, thanks man.
Forgive my ignorance here but what should I be looking for in terms of VRM quality?
More phases = cooler operating temps I gather, I can't tell what I'm looking at on that diagram because some are marked like this on the first column on the right side chart (Phases):
6*2
4*2

etc

Elijah Butler
Elijah Butler

Or just use 80% scaling with the new Radeon sharpening thing and get the exact same imagine quality as native 4k
With that 5700 XT will score ~100 fps average and 60 1% in BF5.
It's even better in normal games.
I'm seriously considering a 4k monitor.

Jonathan Diaz
Jonathan Diaz

What does it idle at?

Sebastian Young
Sebastian Young

YOU AIGHT WHITE BOY

Juan Clark
Juan Clark

gayming yes
web browsing no
It's hard to fucking believe I am playing games on ultra at 60 fps instead of playing on low at 30 fps.
eh i remember you, enjoying that 2600X?
what monitor and what gpu btw?

Landon Nelson
Landon Nelson

Where? Can't find anything lower than 200

Colton Foster
Colton Foster

look at the top. it lists [OC] and [Stock] for different processors. e.g. if you want to use a 3900x at stock, you need the third box (100 A) to have a green checkmark. if you want to overclock it, you'll want the second box (150 A) to have a green checkmark.
for B450, look at MSI.

Connor Hall
Connor Hall

stock or OC?

Chase Peterson
Chase Peterson

How long should I expect to wait for AMD to fix the bugs for the 5700XT?

Some people are saying they're having crashing issues, performance issues, etc. Some said to just undervolt the card to fix this but I want an official fix from AMD themselves by the time AIBs come out

Speaking of AIBs how much more should I expect to pay for lets say a Sapphire NITRO+ version of the 5700 XT because my absolute hard limit is $500 after taxes/shipping if there is any

Camden Young
Camden Young

I got that part of it
you need the third box (100 A) to have a green checkmark. if you want to overclock it, you'll want the second box (150 A) to have a green checkmark
Good info thanks.
I was wondering about the numbers used in the phases section, which is related to VRM quality I think.

Alexander Green
Alexander Green

Also someone ported their sharpening algorithim into ReShade so now you don't even have to use one of their cards to use it.
link?

Caleb Hall
Caleb Hall

you can ignore all the info about vrm's/phases. the core current checkmark boxes take that info into account. the last box (BIOS Flashback) is handy if you want to use a B450 motherboard with a ryzen 3000 cpu and you don't have an older am4 cpu to update the bios.

Levi Walker
Levi Walker

So what is the optimal setup?
For gaming? 100fps minimum 144fps average. Or 144fps 0.1% time.
And then basically what ever resolution you can power.
For 99% of people that's a 1080p, for some people that's a 1440p.
Literally nobody can power a 4k and it's meme.
Also 1080p 24inch
1440p 27inch
4k I have no idea but I am guessing around 32 inch or so.

Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez

I already have a GTX 1060 6gb

I got it a few years ago when my old GTX 550 Ti failed.

My monitor is some old thing, just 1080p 60hz.I might replace it with a higher hz monitor in the near future because the back lights on it have started to occasionally flicker. But I don't have a lot of money to drop so I am gonna probably use it until it fails completely.

Jordan Ramirez
Jordan Ramirez

40c

Brody Bailey
Brody Bailey

It seems like the beta BIOS for the MSI b450 boards is just incredibly unstable, sometimes it starts up and lets you go into the bios but most of the time it just doesn't post at all.

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

you can find decent second hand 1080p 144Mhz for very cheap
glad to hear you enjoy your investment

Lincoln Baker
Lincoln Baker

Ok man cheers, I'll be needing that bios flashback probably so that was the first thing I was looking for when someone first posted it a while ago.

Gabriel Hernandez
Gabriel Hernandez

PBO+200

Thomas Flores
Thomas Flores

Is it normal for ryzens with integrated graphics to run way hotter than normal ryzens? My 2200g is at 50c idling in the bios

Samuel Young
Samuel Young

D15
how does it compare to the wraith stealth?

Lucas Myers
Lucas Myers

is this bait?

Nathan Anderson
Nathan Anderson

not normal. my 2200g idles at 34°C, 60°C under load with wraith stealth

Ian Gutierrez
Ian Gutierrez

nah just got into pc building
excuse the newfaggotry
i keep hearing 3600 stock cooler stock clock is fine

Brayden Fisher
Brayden Fisher

There is no power management active in bios, temps there are irrelevant.

Nicholas Clark
Nicholas Clark

objectively speakng, what is the best 1080 144hz monitor with freesync and 1-2ms latency? Yes I use TN panels.
preferably less than $250

Michael Sanchez
Michael Sanchez

Do you know if they are prone to problems in the long run ? I don't plan to change the GPU in a long time so i just want to know if it's not chink tier quality.

Josiah Lopez
Josiah Lopez

It's "fine" as in it will run without too much throttling it causing any damage to the chip. It will certainly be loud and hot.

Kevin Hughes
Kevin Hughes

My RipJaws CL16 3200 dont wanna go above 2933mhz, what do ?
BIOS is up to date. (ASRock b450 Pro 4)

Also how do I get these voltages under low load down ?
1.4V when browsing on balanced / 50°C on the CPU (Ryzen 3600)
I can get it down to 1.2V with the power saving mode in Win10

Brayden Hughes
Brayden Hughes

thanks for the info, what do you suggest then for optimal cooling
don't care about loud just low temp cause where i live it's hot

Jordan Ramirez
Jordan Ramirez

you'll be fine

Tyler Mitchell
Tyler Mitchell

Is the Hyper 212 EVO compatible with the X470 or the X570 motherboards?

Gavin Parker
Gavin Parker

DO
NOT
BUY
THE
EVO
BUY
THE
BLACK
IT
IS
NEWER
QUITER
COOLS BETTER
SAME PRICE
UNIVERSAL BRACKET

Camden Russell
Camden Russell

Yes but you'll need to order the AM4 kit

Or, you know, maybe he's like me, already having a 212 and just wanted to know if he could keep it.

Evan Gomez
Evan Gomez

BLACK
african american*

Owen Ramirez
Owen Ramirez

If I buy a new x470 mobo and a Ryzen 5 3600, do I really have to flash the bios or is there a chance ASUS already did this?

Charles Butler
Charles Butler

I wasn't made aware of it's existence... I already acquired and installed the Hyper 212 Evo on my H81M three weeks ago...

Angel Hernandez
Angel Hernandez

144hz monitor is around $150 right now, but you'll want one with g-sync if you have a nvidia card

Carter Ramirez
Carter Ramirez

BLACK
african american*
melanin enriched gentleman*

Owen Williams
Owen Williams

g sync vs free sync
aside from brand compatibility do they offer the same shit?

Colton Gomez
Colton Gomez

kurwa

Thomas Wright
Thomas Wright

Would the 212 Evo be better than the Wraith Prism?
I have a 212 Evo already too.

Joshua Garcia
Joshua Garcia

How do I turn off this gay ass rgb on the wraith prism cooler?

Isaac Reed
Isaac Reed

If it says "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the package youre all good.
My b450 ASRock had no problems.

BIOS setting

Mason Adams
Mason Adams

Can you select your own temporary folder like ShadowPlay on AMD ReLive or is that not possible?

Brandon Lewis
Brandon Lewis

Why do you have a window in your case if you don't like RGEEBEE?

Robert Foster
Robert Foster

tried to boot directly to .iso
oops

in other news, my b450 tomahawk and 3600x flashed and booted and installed windows without a hitch, used a 4gb fat32, flashed to v17 first and then directly to v18 with no boot in between

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

Any settings I should tweak in the bios of a b450 msi mobo so it can boot up more consistently?
It only lets me boot some of the times I turn it on, so I got into bios now and maybe changing some settings can fix that?

Aiden Flores
Aiden Flores

Mine didn't boot when I had my 2TB USB connected.

Ryan Lopez
Ryan Lopez

What's your ram?

Mason Bennett
Mason Bennett

16gb 3200mhz cl16
I guess I can enable XMP already

Dominic Davis
Dominic Davis

Couldn't find any setting in the bios. I didn't plug in any other cable except for the fan because I didn't want the lights. But it turns out I have to plug the USB cable in and download some fucking manager to turn this shit off.

I don't have a windowed case. I just don't want any gay ass rgb on my pc.

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

Also, the Wraith Spire cooler is definitely audible with the case sitting next to me idle, while my closed headphones are on and nothing is playing. The sound is distinctively different from the case fans, since it's smaller and all. Will be replacing even if for just the noise reduction since I don't plan on overclocking anytime soon. If the case was sitting further than 30cm from my face then it probably wouldn't be an issue though.

Dylan Russell
Dylan Russell

dog drooled on motherboard what do

Wyatt Sullivan
Wyatt Sullivan

Reward it

Kevin Butler
Kevin Butler

Intel or AMD

Blake Walker
Blake Walker

build my 3600 system
Failed to post everytime I booted
Whatever
Try again a few hours later
Now consistently boots into windows
Well I'm not complaining I guess

Attached: 1560668982678.png (50 KB, 400x275)

Christian Lewis
Christian Lewis

asus x470 with pcie 4.0
point me senpai

Ian Diaz
Ian Diaz

Does amd have anything that will beat my 9900k core for core yet?

Attached: geek.png (37 KB, 862x841)

Charles Howard
Charles Howard

Had to charge the capacitors.

Nathan Lee
Nathan Lee

Got the Asus ROG GA502DU and it has a really shitty wifi card. Trying to upgrade to a really good one, but am wondering how to know which are compatible. I was looking at this one:
amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560-2230-Gigabit/dp/B07G42J6KQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Intel 9560&qid=1563062442&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Anyone more experienced with WLAN cards think they can help me find one that's compatible, or can say if the linked one is?

Link to article:
notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-G-GA502DU-Ryzen-7-3750H-GTX-1660-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.421577.0.html

Attached: 1555213695390.png (131 KB, 853x920)

Aaron Kelly
Aaron Kelly

fucking cope intel shitfan and buy upgrade to a cpu that may be 10% better in some games lol cope harder faggot.

Someone can call me when i can upgrade to a cpu that is 40% faster in all real scenarios.

Joseph James
Joseph James

Does amd have anything that will beat my 9900k core for core yet?
Does it matter?

Michael Allen
Michael Allen

now what?

Attached: 8cc87299008caeb25925416103cb88bb.png (63 KB, 639x573)

Ethan Gray
Ethan Gray

theyre the same

Oliver Baker
Oliver Baker

get on my level

Attached: HWiNFO64-2019-07-13-17-43-18.png (63 KB, 640x577)

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

You have some reason why you're so angry? Or are you actually getting paid to spew retardation.

Xavier Thompson
Xavier Thompson

Based

Thomas Nguyen
Thomas Nguyen

Any performance difference between crucial mx500 and samsung 860 Evo for a 1TB ssd?

Ian Nguyen
Ian Nguyen

I would take that over a 3900x any day

Ian Cook
Ian Cook

Feels good being the best

Attached: hwinfo.jpg (185 KB, 861x577)

Luis Miller
Luis Miller

How well would a 3600x or 3700x pair with a Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 5 mobo? Just bought one for 60 leafbux off a friend, hardly been used and still under warranty so I figured why the hell not

Jose Cruz
Jose Cruz

it's fine

Oliver Williams
Oliver Williams

Could someone please post a readable version of pic related?

Attached: 3251A1E2-E319-410A-9612-6DED8AA9D871.png (386 KB, 818x822)

Dominic Hughes
Dominic Hughes

Does Prime Day ever have PC component sales?

Jeremiah Morris
Jeremiah Morris

lol

Sebastian Bell
Sebastian Bell

Try to tighten the timings on your RAM. Though that kit typically doesn't overclock well

Angel Hall
Angel Hall

Attached: Xpok31V.png (1.11 MB, 3600x3600)

David Rodriguez
David Rodriguez

imagine this level of blind fanboyism to prefer inferior products

Robert Martin
Robert Martin

Your definition of inferior is very skewed hadji

Attached: geekbench.jpg (148 KB, 867x835)

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

What if I wake up in the middle of the night, and I want to ssh it from bed?

Noah Watson
Noah Watson

not even the same CPU
incels gonna incel

Zachary Butler
Zachary Butler

everyone recommends the vega 56
delve a bit deeper
countless people complaining about coil whine
how common is this problem? how common is it with graphics card in general?

Attached: thinking.gif (6 KB, 200x200)

Luke Rivera
Luke Rivera

these retards love taking intels dick regardless of how garbage their products are. its a disease unfortunately

Luke Harris
Luke Harris

People don't want to fuck around with 2nd best in single thread perf.

Attached: Total-War-Warhammer-II.jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080)

Sebastian James
Sebastian James

Let's see if you lads can tell the difference!

Going to post some screenshots using different sharpening filters, including AMDs new tech for comparrison.

Attached: Vampyr-1-001.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1080)

Lincoln Williams
Lincoln Williams

Today, you should go with 5700. Once the AIB cards are out, the AIB 5700xt will be the obvious choice.

Ryan Hill
Ryan Hill

delve a bit deeper
countless people complaining about coil whine
VERY common, had to return two vega cards myself because the coil whine was unbearable.

Isaac Young
Isaac Young

Attached: Vampyr-1-002.png (2.06 MB, 1920x1080)

Kevin Howard
Kevin Howard

Don't spam this thread with that shit. Make a new thread.

Daniel Martinez
Daniel Martinez

people don't want to fuck around with overpriced inferior garbage

Attached: 512412415.png (308 KB, 1278x704)

Colton Fisher
Colton Fisher

Not very common. At least not on the Red Dragon, the one I have, I haven't heard of anyone having that issue with it and nor do I.
I hear the Nitro+ Vega 64 one has a lot of coil whine. I've heard some people say the Pulse does and others say it doesn't.

Matthew Thomas
Matthew Thomas

hmmm you know maybe you are right. But I didn't think this is worth it's own thread.

Attached: Vampyr-1-003.png (1.86 MB, 1920x1080)

Nicholas Rodriguez
Nicholas Rodriguez

i'm pricing out a 9700k build. what motherboards should I be looking at? I don't know anything about intel socket

Jack Murphy
Jack Murphy

Imagine needing 8 more threads to slightly come ahead

Luis Harris
Luis Harris

I've always used MSI intel boards, VRM's stay decently cool and never had a failure with them with the past 5 builds, They all still function.

Colton Bennett
Colton Bennett

You shouldn't be buying a 9700k unless it's on sale for under $200.
R5 3600 is better, yet cheaper.
More efficient, 240 fewer security vulns, better multitasking and multithreaded performance, and roughly the same single threaded. Identical gaming performance unless you're using a 2080Ti at 1080p which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

Joshua Myers
Joshua Myers

Literally who is doing this review? Looks like a shill

Nathan Hill
Nathan Hill

And it rapes a 3600 in gaming by a wide margin

Attached: 765.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

I'm currently running an i7-4790k @ 4.4Ghz, with 16Gb of DDR3 1866Mhz and an R9 Fury X.

I'm sorely tempted to scrounge and get a Ryzen 5 3600...but every time I find myself about to bite the bullet I can't justify it. Despite my platform being over 4 years old I can't point to anything it's falling behind on. This is the longest I've ever gone without any major upgrades.

Christopher Brown
Christopher Brown

...I probably should have actually asked a question there;

Bros that have gone from Haswell to any gen Ryzen...have you seen any improvement in performance at all or is it a pure waste?

Hunter James
Hunter James

It's literally a sidegrade for gaming.

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

Also on 4790K, if I upgraded today it'd be to 3900X, to make it count.
3600 is an improvement, but a meh one when looking at just single core.

Ian Gomez
Ian Gomez

I went from a 4790K at 4.8ghz to a 2700X. It was literally a downgrade for gaming.

Juan Scott
Juan Scott

5700xt is the new best value

Dominic Reed
Dominic Reed

why do people bring up dumb shit so much like video rendering
muh production
how many people actually use a pc for that kind of shit

Attached: DxHjVAKUYAERHF0.jpg (47 KB, 444x444)

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

5700, until there are AIB xt.

Jonathan Hall
Jonathan Hall

New thread

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

a pc
unironically
youtube.com/watch?v=yoFN_QDuvVc

Oliver Powell
Oliver Powell

Like 5%. People that buy new hardware are gaming. Diminishing returns after 8 Threads is why intel still wins by a good 15-20% from the higher clocks and way lower latency.

Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers

Really? I thought Zen+ was roughly the same as Skylake/Kabylake in IPC. Given the 2700X has double the number of threads/cores, did you just get a lemon that didn't have much OC headroom? I'd think that'd be a solid improvement.

David Peterson
David Peterson

I tried everything to squeeze every ounce of performance from that chip. I still had a loss of gaming performance by a country mile. I used 2400mhz ddr3 ram for the 4790k with tight timings and a 4.8ghz all core boost. 2700X didn't come close with CL 14 3200mhz ram with XFR on.

Blake Myers
Blake Myers

Not to mention the instability the 2700X had when trying to get the memory tuned in and XFR makes it extremely unreliable.

Josiah Phillips
Josiah Phillips

The aorus pro wifi I x570 is available on newegg rn

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

Not enough USB.

Liam Jackson
Liam Jackson

The B450 Tomahawk is also a good choice. Go with that one if it is available.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit