How can anybody hate Windows?

It's just so... convenient

Attached: format-hard-drive-windows-10-powershell.jpg (1580x931, 150K)

convenient eh
update all your programs, user

updates? windows programs don't need updates because they're not written by neet neckbeards

Programs keep themselves updated

>Windows program s do not need updates
I cannot even.

>71863775
not worth a (you)

Attached: lowqualitybait.png (124x125, 12K)

>Get-Disk
>Get-Disk 1 | Clear-Disk -RemoveData
>NewPartition -DiskNumber 1 -UseMaximumSize | Format-Volume -FileSystem NTFS -NewFileSystemLabel myDrive

meanwhile in freetard land
>lsblk
>mkfs.ext4 -L muhlabel /dev/sdx1
or even
>cfdisk/cgdisk

>update foss programs for everything
ninite
>update drivers
windows does so automatically, only manual update is for graphics
>update proprietary programs
program updates automatically, either in background or after asking for your permission

>71863775

Attached: 15463476064.jpg (348x419, 103K)

As retarded as that user is, programs that do just work don’t need to be fucked with
Things working so well is how you get 30+ year old mills still running Windows 3.1

>it's better to memorize an obscure command than use proper naming conventions and complete syntax
Is this what freetards actually believe?

>choco upgrade all
Done.

>list block devices
>make file system ext4 with label muhlabel
yeah completely obscure
4/10 got a reply

why don't the commands work that way then?
why do I have to type
>mkfs.ext4 -L muhlabel /dev/sdx1
if I could just type
>make file system ext4 with label muhlabel
?

you can use any shell you want on linux anyway

go get a smartphone if you want to talk to a digital assistant in english

Giving up privacy for convenience is a bad idea, be warned OP.

Its so convenient for viruses and lag (on low-ram PCs).

But, now they are finally getting their shit together.

Fucking 16:9 is terrible for non-media/game consumption. Why can't we get a fucking good 5:4 monitor. Fuck.

You have to be full retard to get a virus. Like clicking on spam email links retarded.

Because we don't want computer that speaks our language, we want to give them orders and treat them like our bitches

it just werks and I don't need to update anything

(pic related)
refresh rate

Attached: EXPCS4gAfhOJZyKh.jpg (438x444, 41K)

Proprietary

>linux just werks
windows' commands aren't obfuscated and they work pretty well
nobody wants that, it's just that "list block devices" is better than "lsblk"

>Things working so well is how you get 30+ year old mills still running Windows 3.1
More like each newer version being more abysmal than the previous one is how you get that

I don't need to. They update themselves when I'm not using it.

never again

>3.1 works for 30 years
>new windows embeded mills crash regularly.
just because somthing used to be good doesnt mean it remains good each release.

Just ask Cortana to do it for you lol

Yeah, I bet you'll also defend ftw as the obvious shorthand for file tree walk.
Autistic abbreviations are stupid.

>that thread when the school spaz huffs too many Sharpies and discovers Jow Forums

I'm pretty sure that if you grew with the first one you'd shit on the second one. You can hate a lot of things about Windows and Microsoft, but powershell is great and you're just shitting on it either because it's new or because it's made by Microsoft. Or both.

>needless verbosity is good
Go away.

>readability is bad
I bet you love Perl.

>Every program includes it's own bloated updater.

Attached: sqQlid7.jpg (900x810, 55K)

Shitty file system that slows down all my build times because of excessive "anti-virus" checks

you can use powershell core on linux, ja?

what a blessed relief

Personally, I don't really like the syntax of powershell. But my main problem with it is all the different version of it that exist, and the major differences between them. Writing powershell scripts that will run on many different versions is nearly impossible. I know this is a problem for POSIX-like shells too, but this seems to be an essentially impossble task on powershell.

>You have to be full retard to get a virus. Like clicking on spam email links retarded.

Not true. If you install software alot of times safe software will ask you to install other software that is malicious like spyware or adware. With Linux you don't have to worry about stuff like that since you choose what to install and every Linux software can be installed from trusted repos. Windows isn't as bad as Jow Forums makes it out to be but it still is a problem.

pic related

Attached: lol.png (953x120, 111K)

dodging valid criticism with an insult, that's a classic.

> ha...h...Winblows programs d...dont even n..need updates, take that nixnerds he

Enjoy your security vulnerabilities by not updating your software. Why do you retards who know nothing about technology come to a fucking tech board.

I don't need to update my programs, unlike linux which sometime breaks all of my programs

python

samefag

I know nothing about tech but come here to live out my chuuni fantasies. I lurk and imagine myself posting while talking to anons, though.

I must say, Win10 is one of the most comfy versions to come out.
If you spend the few minutes and braincells (which Jow Forums seems to be short on) you can get rid of the bloatware tiles and really customize your layout to be super neat.
OS runs pretty flawlessly and now they are coming out with a Win Console. I'm curious what they are going to do with it, but currently it looks like a powershell manager in some sort of regard, but could become more interesting as it's not yet having a full release.
I do like browsing the web on my RPi with Rasbpian (PIXEL) based on Debian, but Win10 is my go-to.

you can right click and format tho

>Get-Disk
>Not diskpart

Python has the same and sometimes even worse problems.

LXDE takes me from login screen to fully interactive desktop in ~1s, but win10 takes 40+s.
windows is bloated garbage

>using capital letters
fuck you

Even when using *nix machines I use PowerhShell. I don't see any sense in using utilities that made sacrifices for various and/or no longer relevant reasons. Legacy is not a good argument, and neither is "convention" when nothing is actually consistent. Verbosity isn't valid when tab completion exists.

And don't get me started on how stupid stdio is for a shell and scripts compared to native object comprehension that works with every script you write out of the box instead of doing all the plumbing yourself.
>prog | jq | prog2 | yq | xargs ...

>Verbosity isn't valid when tab completion exists.
And aliases. Again, even on Unix I'd rather have "copy" with an alias of "cp". The same goes for the rest of the utilities.
"uniq" is the worst offender.

>he lets some unpaid neckbeard determine what versions he runs.

PowerShell is legit awful compared to bash.

There's no two ways about it, powershell is a ray of light in an sometimes Stygian gloom. Took MS long enough to arrive there. Makes huge sense for them. Being able to leverage the pool of command line admins out there. The tab completion and the help shit is pretty good and there's a growing body of know how on places yt or lynda. Good news for modern man.

Select all squares with
crosswalks
If there are none, click skip

Please explain why you feel that way. In my opinion Bash is probably the worst shell of all time.

Reposting

I have to disagree with this. Bash is so bad that nobody wants to use it in any regard, it exists solely for legal and legacy reasons.
As an interpreter it's slower than the shell it's derived from (Bourne) and it's alternative (Almquist). It's so slow that distros had to reimpliment ash just like they did for sh in the first place (as dash).
The extensions are not worthy of note or use compared to other shells, again so unworthy of importance that it's possible for distros to replace the default sh interpreter as dash which lacks those extensions
as an interactive shell there's no real reason to use it either, shells that are older than it are both faster and have better unique syntax/features and the same is true for shells made after it.
The one and only reason bash exists is because GNU obviously couldn't use the original bourne shell because of the license. And it only exists today because it was the default for so long.

For scripts people target bourne and run in a bourne compatible shell. For interactive I legitimately see anything other than bash, most people I know today are using fish and zsh, some use ksh, I use tcsh, and some people even swear by powershell (because it's object pipeline is unique and can be sensible).

I have never once seen anyone speak well of bash specifically, anything good said about it is inherited from bourne.

>NTFS
Why the fuck would anyone use this?

It's fast as fuck. What would you rather use? It's not like ZFS doesn't work on Windows.

>It's fast as fuck
No it isn't.
> What would you rather use?
Literally anything.

dont robodrills have windows 98?

It sounds like you're not being serious and instead are just after attention.

Keep believing that, wintoddler. Go defrag your hard disk.

You're not making a good stance for your case or your platform (whatever it may be).

I don't really care what you think. I am merely mocking your awful filesystem of choice.

You asked, I answered, then for no obvious reason you got too scared to give a serious answer despite being anonymous.
Are you seriously afraid someone is going to mock you for your opinion? Why would it matter. Just name what it is and why and we can have that discussion.

Go defag ur hardly dick.

Answer this guy you pleb.

A serious answer to what? Your gay little shitpost? You said "fast as fuck". That makes no sense, considering NTFS is objectively slower than, for example, ext4.

>ext4
Oh god how embarrassing.

How do I learn powershell

You have 5 seconds to explain why ZFS is awful. If you say heavy resource usage you're going to be discredited.

Says the wintoddler who uses NTFS. What a shitshow nu-Jow Forums is.

I don't think ZFS is awful so why would I do that?

I fucking hate Windows but until GNU/Linux gets its shit together by dumping fucking systemd and the goddamn idea that wayland is in any way good, as well as a ton of other "let's dump a bunch of ill-advised updates with no mind for stability at all" bullshit from fucking everything, it's not worth using.
>*BSD
Fuck that. Fuck that nodrivers, barely functional bullshit.
>Mac
AHAHAHAno

You literally called it awful.

I called NTFS awful, you illiterate winjeet.

You know you can use any init system you want, right?

Now you're just lying in a thread everyone can read. I knew I was right, you're just goading for attention.

I was going to respond to this with a fulsome exposition but then realized that the 5 seconds had expired.

Epic shitpost, prakesh.

>using some obscure fucking barely supported distro or fucking LFS
HAHAno.

Use Gentoo...

install it even
wtf

In English, please.

What the fuck is going on with GNU/Linux right now. They've gone absolutely bonkers.
>whoa whoa whoa launchd, the Windows registry, and distributing libraries with applications is so bad!
10 years later
>systemd, systemd, snap+docker+all the other things that do this

desperately fishing

For what? I can't understand your post at all. Post in English when on an English speaking imageboard.

It's that familiar trajectory. Taken by all cool things, religions, neighbourhoods etc. Start out great with a small group of adherents. Devolve.

for why you have say this at me, you pedantic little shrew

fishing, fishing for some angle, some leverage in your exchanges with us, your fellow anons

>use semi-automated LFS
AAAHAHAHAno.

Epic xD.
Gentoo is nothing like LFS. Are you retarded?

Cup all -y

>forced auto updates that play russian roulette on system stability
>pre-installed bloatware
>bombards you with "notifications" and takes various amount of time to disable all the junk
>invasive telemetry

I don't like ubuntu either.

xubuntu is better

I've grown to sort of like windows recently, a lot of things it has is convenient and useful.

But there's like no good C compilers for windows, and that's kind of a pain.

Holy shit the amount of misinformed lintards over here. It's like the early 2000s again.