""""programmers"""" who can't blindtype

>""""programmers"""" who can't blindtype
How am I supposed to take seriously someone who doesn't even care enough programming to learn such a basic skill as blindtyping?

Attached: qwerty.png (1684x1191, 162K)

>"""programmers""" who use qwerty
How am I supposed to take seriously someone who cares so little about ergonomics they use a completely inferior keyboard layout?

no one cares about your faggy opinion, fucking retard

Yeah, you don't care so much that you just couldn't pass this thread by, you had to leave your faggy two cents. kys.

>blindtype
Do they still teach that at school?

Nah, I taught myself. Now everyone who doesn't blindtype looks to me like a boomer searching "google" in Google.

>"""programmers""" who still need a keyboard

Challenge them to a WPM match. Winner has to smash the other person over the head with their keyboard.

Seriously though, not being able to properly use a keyboard when your job requires it is just straight up embarrassing. It's like a pianist trying to play only with their index fingers with their eyes glued to the keys. If there was IntelliSense for pianos I guarantee you would see more shitty pianists.

I've got labelless keycaps to keep retarded two-finger warriors off of my rig. I suggest you do the same.

post the best typing games to practice blind typing here
my WPM is about 100 but I think vim bindings have spoiled me because I catch myself making too many silly typos during regular non-programmatic typing

most of the time is spent on thinking, not typing, anyways

typeracer.com is the best. I used to be around 100 WPM as well but lately my average has dropped to around 90. Mother fuck shit

>typeracer.com
ty user

I remember my friend being absolutely angry at me because I was able to touch type even though he should've learned the skill from it from computer class. He was angry enough to demand that I stop "showing off".

This is true.

Plus I copy-paste any long variable names to ensure no typos or other mistakes.

have sex

>tfw to retarded too touch type with the number row so have to use the numpad

>codemonkey

Attached: 1557131166652.jpg (492x361, 41K)

True but still a shitty excuse

That doesn't matter. The time spent looking your keyboard is still wasted time that reduces productivity.

to zalgun?

>implying you are doing anything of importance that requires you to minmax productivity to that degree

Attached: 1537804425082.jpg (360x394, 135K)

Lemme guess, you also use Sublime Text / Intellij and don't see the point in using Emacs?

>That projection

Cope harder. You're a fucking brainlet anyways.

Dude, you killed a thread for this?

anything beyond page 3 is trash anyway

>brainlet anyways.
you are the one who is bragging about having the skillset of a secretary

"blind typing"

It's called touch typing retard. You're such a poser dude. I bet you can't even solve FizzBuzz when you're staring at the keyboard.

Attached: edmonton-alta-december-4-2015-lorne-webber-a-blind-m.jpg (371x277, 19K)

to varg debilu

program fizzbuzz
var i, j, s: integer;
begin
write('up to?');
readln(j);
for i:= 1 to j do begin
s:= '';
if i mod 3 = 0 then s:='fizz';
if i mod 5 = 0 then s:= s + 'buzz';
if strlen(s) > 0 then writeln(s) else writeln(i);
end;
end;

>that guy who types with two fingers

I use APL. Most of my time is thinking. Then typing a bunch of characters requires to look from time to time where they are placed.

>"""programmers""" who dont dictate code to their scribes to write it.
I am far to busy with thinking up efficient code to waste time with things like keyboards. Let the plebs deal with that crap.

Someone make a TUI version of a touch typing game for us scrubs.

Attached: 123551.png (640x480, 16K)

>JS
>Online

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

Attached: 253452345252.gif (411x488, 630K)

>Not only using catalog

the fug? I don't get it explain please

do you do something like OP or just freestyle because you've been typing for so long
bloat

>muh non standard shit
>its better because its niche

Trash contrarian prick. I hate these posts.

typespeed

>>its better because its niche
no one said that

Amputate your hands.

>He doesn't know why QWERTY was invented and why colemak, Dvorak, and others are superior for typing speed

instead of being vague and smug why don't you just go ahead and tell him that qwerty was invented to slow down typing because people were typing fast enough to jam the shitty typewriters of the time

I have large hands and some key presses on a laptop keyboard require bad angles for my fingers. Especially, X. Fuck X.

It's not about slowing the typist down, it's about spacing most common letters apart.

I'm incredibly paranoid about this. My accuracy isn't incredibly to begin with and decreases when I'm observed. Still, I go out of the way to subtly display my ability to touch type when my superiors are observing.

It's cool to hate JavaScript

>windows logo on the super key
trash keyboard

Thanks fren!
This looks great.

That's a zombie from L4D called a "boomer" but he could just mean bloat like other user said.

Attached: 1559646134695.jpg (748x1024, 61K)

Speed benefits are not the main reason to choose alternative layouts.

If typing is your bottleneck for programming, you are shit.

>162 KB
>Anonymous 07/13/19(Sat)22:48:45 No.7186423

Because the guy you write code slower will write less code.

Yes but coding is more than typing and even someone that looks at the keyboard and types chicken scratch can put out 110 words per minute

I never learned how to touch-type properly.

I use only my two index fingers. 90 WPM. it's serviceable I guess.
I'm not exactly sure what program or guide to follow to get me to actually learn.

>work in embedded
>my senior is a mechatronics 30 y/o boomer
>somehow he never acquired the typing skills that you learn with MS Word in middle school
>it usually takes him the entirety of 15 seconds to type in something simple as "git push origin master"
>looking at him type something makes me want to quit my job

You must be a slow thinker.

Attached: 1419876112764.jpg (884x800, 68K)