So is the 5700 and 5700 XT it for AMD...

So is the 5700 and 5700 XT it for AMD? Is it going to be like the Vega 56/64 and that's all we get for 2 years until "next-gen 7nm+"?

Attached: RDNA2.jpg (3299x1856, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/sapphire-registers-radeon-rx-55005550-560058005850-and-5900-xt-graphic-cards.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RX 5500 and RX 5950 XT were confirmed by sapphire

How do we know that isn't a dual GPU card like 5970/7990/295x2?

I guess the real question is do we know that is this how far AMD can push Navi on 7nm or do we know they can do more?

7nm+ just means 7nm EUV which will be widely available next year, so even if the 5700/XT is it for 7nm you shouldn't have to wait too long. Plus it is already confirmed that Navi 20 exists so that should be relatively soon.
Coming from a place with little knowledge, I'd ballpark Spring 2020 for the new, true high-end AMD cards. But that might be overly optimistic.

The 5700XT full die is only 40CU. Its still 64 ROP, has the same cross bar design as every other prior big GPU from them. Nothing is holding back a higher CU count Navi GPU except 7nm yields. They'll probably release another 64CU die with lower clocks and a 295w TDP some time next year.
The only question is whether or not it'll have over 64 ROPs.

i think you might be retarded op

Imagine a 295x style card that used infinity fabric to appear as a single chip and as such didn’t require crossfire support.

AMD is not longer supporting dual GPU on Navi. It's a dead configuration and a waste of resources to support.

Isn't it still supported on DX12/Vulkan? They just aren't doing it at a driver level anymore.

Read this, retard:
guru3d.com/news-story/sapphire-registers-radeon-rx-55005550-560058005850-and-5900-xt-graphic-cards.html

Higher bins and rebrands

AMD is sandbagging because the real features set of RDNA is going into next-gen consoles. They're expected to have a new shader path, hardware accelerated ray-tracing, completely redesigned CUs, and other optimizations that will greatly bridge the gap to the upcoming Ampere GPU uArch from Nvidia. AMD doesn't care about just matching the Turing.

7nm+ = 7nm EUV. Which allows for a 15-20% increase in density at the same power and in turn increase performance via clockspeed. That basically means that they reduce die size, in turn greatly increasing yields. This benefits consoles, consumer desktop, and mobile. Vega will continue to be supported and iterated on in Enterprise, because its a massive compute monster and its pipelines can thereby be properly fed--whereas graphics rendering struggles, because majority of devs are lazy fucks and won't bother optimizing for the uArch. They'd much prefer to use Nvidia standard libraries that does their work for them, at the cost of fucking over huge portions of the market.

>Sandbagging
I smell AMD cope.
7nm+ won't magically save Zen 2 and Navi.
Just like 7nm did fuck all for Zen clock speeds.
Zen is limited by clocks by design, not the node.

I think that the smartest thing to do if you want a new gaming PC is to wait for the new consoles to come out. If you build a new PC then and it's far superior to the new consoles you are set for the entire console generation.

There you go fuckers futureproofing is real and achievable.

Just to make things clear if you don't get it.

All AAA games are developed with the baseline spec Xbox and Playstation in mind for the entire generation. That's why your gaming build will be future proof.

>I think that the smartest thing to do if you want a new gaming PC is to wait for the new consoles to come out. If you build a new PC then and it's far superior to the new consoles you are set for the entire console generation.
I did this, bought a 290x and water cooled it, basically gave me 6 years of being able to run everything at 1080p on max settings. I think the current 8gb cards may not cope well with the next console gen, there were rumors of 16gb+ of ram, devs will probably have a lot of vram to play around with even if the console GPUs aren't all that powerful themselves.

Rx 58xx
Rx 59xx

Will both be coming imo. With a larger die size. Cooling will be an issue so I would imagine there won't be reference cards with the blower cooler. But rather partner cards with custom cooling designs.

>dual-gpu in 2005

Didn't they try to mcm gpu dies but failed? I really hope for this too. Imagine them only having to make one chip and just connect more and more of them for more CUs like Zen. Cheap and powerful.

AMD and Nvidia made a deal so that they'll compete but only at higher price levels than those that were traditionally accepted by the industry. AMD will put out high performing cards, more powerful than the average consumer needs, as will Nvidia, without any reasonable budget options. Since most people feel iffy about 2nd hand, people will end up buying the more expensive, unnecessarily powerful cards anyway. Backroom deals, people.

the commit on linux has confirmed so far 8 cards along with the 5700/xt
we dont know jack shit about navi amd literally soft locked the cards for them not to OC yet we know that with a mild waterblock it goes up to 2100-2200 at 280 watts

the card is obviously fucking awesome regardless a big navi at 300 watts might be possible

Never skimp on ram during a console upgrade year. I actually bought a VII because I wanted to play at 4k and doubted Navi would be as powerful. To the surprise of nobody the 5700xt is noticeably behind the VII at 4k.

I might watercool my VII just for laughs and see how far I can push it.

>hardware accelerated raytracing
AMD themselves stated they have no plans for RT hardware on consumer GPUs
>15-20% increase in density
It's been claimed by TSMC to be 10% shrink at 10% better power or perf

This has been my usual strategy but I'm desperately in need of an upgrade now. I just don't want to get fucked buying a min/max build today only to have the consoles have a 16GB GDDR6 shared pool and actually optimise for/expect an 8 core CPU.

If you min/max now you'll be riding a 6core + 5700XT. Fuck sake.

So big navi will probably be 7nm+? Also Nvidia might be about to get fucked on 7nm, Korea got butthurt over ww2 yet again and Japan restricted export of critical supplies needed to run their fabs. No one seems to have noticed Nvidia might be deprived of 7nm.

implying Zen2 needs saving, brainlet.
>inb4 muh copespeed
fuck off back to /v/

>How do we know that isn't a dual GPU card
because sli and crossfire is dead.

Oh yeah I'm all in for 5500 if it doesn't require a power connector

Yeah right.
This is another excuse to price fix the usual Korean bs.

I wonder how powerful can they make it without extra power.

this reminded me that I haven't seen crossfire benchmarks since something like Vega

Its basically been dead since polaris for AMD.