98Lite or XPLite for QEMU on a L4T Ubuntu Switch

Is this possible? XPlite or 98lite? Should I just use 98lite for possibly better performance because of lower minimum requirements?

Is anyone aware of a way to pirate 98lite? I'll buy a damn license I just want to make sure that it fucking runs in QEMU first.

Attached: bundle_color_portable%20(1)[1].jpg (554x369, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winworldpc.com/library/operating-systems
github.com/AndreRH/hangover
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the fuck would you think Windows would work normally on an ARM processor? Does Win98 even recognize multiple cores? You know that not one application will work, right?

Install Gentoo.

QEMU emulates x86 on ARM my dude.

I'm on L4T Ubuntu on my Switch, also QEMU is multithreaded

bump ya faggots

Pretty cool, but I already have a GPD win.

I found a premium version of 98lite, dope. Time to try my luck. Might try to install kernelEx ontop of 98 to get the most compatibility.

Yeah but do you have Super Mario Maker? Thought so

just buy a windows tablet bro

Yes. But why? The performance won't be great, expect Pentium Pro levels of performance.

You won't really get any better performance with 98 Lite, it's more for disk space and RAM restrictions, but you won't have those with Qemu.

Just download a ready made Windows 98 or XP Qemu image or a ISO from winworldpc.com/library/operating-systems

There is Windows for ARM though that you can run on a Pi, I'm sure there will be a Tegra port eventually as it's pretty beefi, I think you can already run it on a normal Tegra.

Super Mario Maker works fine in Cemu even on the original GPD Win.

(With the touch screen even*)

spbp

>running a unofficial deprecated OS on top of QEMU the ARM to x86 architecture emulator on top of Linux on top of nintendos hypervisor

The state of soibois

HOMM3, really. I just wanna play HOMM3. There is an openHOMM3 for Linux but the AI is shitty apparently

Mario Maker 2 baka

Patrician as fuck. Wine on qemu might give better results.

What do you mean by Wine on QEMU?

There's also Hangover, which combines some components of Wine and QEMU to run x86 applications
github.com/AndreRH/hangover
I tried a couple games and they all failed though, always some runtime error or failed to load C correctly errors or something.

>QEMU is multithreaded
win98 doesn't support SMT, it will only use one core

rather than emulating an entire PC, it's possible to run binaries for other cpus directly on qemu
for example, you can run an x86 linux chroot using qemu as the interpreter

You might want to try Exagear + Wine or Qemu i386 (the binary translator) + Wine under Linux on the Switch.
You will get better performance and I've personally tried games like Diablo and they work fine (on ARM devices, not the Switch though).

Basically what anons ( ) said.

where I can get an XPlite .iso?

Torrent. But I recommend you make your own, safer.

Is Exagear safe? Why'd they recently discontinue it? Can I torrent it with no issue?

Also do you run the installations with Exagear or QEMU or just install it on windows then move the directory over to my linux partition?

The Switch community has been at work porting Windows 10 on ARM to the Switch. Android is almost ready too.

Attached: switch-3.jpg (1536x2048, 198K)