Why do people still prefer individual books to ereaders?

Why do people still prefer individual books to ereaders?

Attached: ereader.jpg (695x404, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carbonshade.com/
amazon.com/How-Read-Book-Touchstone-ebook/dp/B004PYDAPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the same reason actual men prefer kissing women than anime pillows

IDK user I just feel real books have more... Heart!

Because e-readers have shitty touch input these days.

sounds like you just have a shitty cheap ereader

I have a Kindle 3 but I'm not buying a new one now that they're all with touch instead of buttons.

recommendations on good ereaders?
i feel like if i got one i'd be more inclined to read more

i have a kindle paperwhite from several years ago that's never crapped out on me or been unresponsive, though i assume they make better ones now

The good ones are too expensive. And the cheap ones aren't worth it.

Because:
- Dog-earing pages
- Highlighting with a highlighter
- Many books do not exist as ebooks
- A book never runs out of batteries
- A book can be lent to a friend easily
- Writing in the margins
- Formatting is the the way the author and publisher intended it to be
- Can bring a book anywhere without worrying that dropping it in water or getting sand up in it or spilling your drink on it will erase a bunch of your other books
- Home libraries add a nice personal touch to wherever you live and don't necessitate having any sense of aesthetics

Shall I continue?

i took the ebook pill years ago. I have a kindle 3 with buttons that still works like a champ. PDF support isnt that great though. I cant stand reading real books now. They are heavy, smell, and always loose your place. Plus I can fit several bookshelves onto one tiny device.

Just make sure to "backup" your books.

>Shall I continue?

Please do

>a book can be lent to a friend easily
"Here's the download link friend"
is there an easier way?

Lewis "Cunnyman" Carroll is so fucking based.

I do both. I carry about 2000 books around in a 300g package for on the go reading. At home, paper, like those dinosaurs.

>he prefers to kiss 3DPD over 2D
You are the only non-human creature here.

because books cant botnet

yeah, actually just handing them the book

books dont phone home. books dont spy on you, books dont use telemetry. books dont sell you personal information. books dont show ads

Book is the single most awesome technology to date. Imagine that book could be made before industrialization. Book live hundred of years with minimal requirements. Try to install your Ebook software in 50 years on a KokUchani 5555CX brainrolli Kaiken.

Books alone catapulted us from the middle ages to the cpu-age. Where will the cpu age catapult us? If the apes continue like now, we will be back in middle ages soon.

There were books with ads. But those were mostly the shitty ones.

>The good ones are too expensive. And the cheap ones aren't worth it.

This. I had a pretty decent one even then, and frankly they all end up crapping out after a year or two, but I haven't looked into them enough.

I use my thinkpad x200 now for reading, I upgraded my display with a boe hydis matte screen so I dont get any glare. Also, you have way more customization with a small laptop, as well as longer battery life potentially.

Fundamentally I think the gimmick of e-readers is that they *arent* computers... I.e. you wont be able to give into any temptations to distract from your reading or whatever... but honestly, if you enjoy reading it doesnt matter.

Tbh most people I know who have e-readers/mention e-readers/ask if they're worth it -- dont actually read. ;-)

Kobo Aura H20 V2. New Kindle Oasis is coming soon if you want something overprice but premium. If you're struggling to motivate yourself to do something, throwing money at the problem isn't going to work though. Classic consumerist fallacy like photography fags that have thousands in lenses and never take decent shots or music producers always buying new synths and toys instead of working.

Reading PDF on a vanilla tablet, works fine. Never had Spyindle or any other spyreader.

You can make paper yourself. You may make ink yourself. You can learn to write in a few years. You are all set to record your thoughts and share them with us.

Today. Company: share more of your shitbrain, so we can shit more ads on your brain.

If I can take my X220 with me, I want to go back into the 1820s.

How much did you use your ebook reader? Did you really not notice a difference in eye strain? I've switched to a tablet for textbooks for various reasons but I really notice the eyestrain after several hours.

if you're not sure you're gonna use it, get the cheapest you can get. All of them are basically the same, there's no killer feature that's gonna make you read. After you actually start reading, you can get a nicer one.

the oasis has flip-pages buttons

>- Dog-earing pages
>- Highlighting with a highlighter
>- Writing in the margins
that's a really shitty way to read tbqh senpai

>- Can bring a book anywhere without worrying that dropping it in water or getting sand up in it or spilling your drink on it will erase a bunch of your other books
some of them are water proof, this means nothing.

I have carbonshade.com/ and wear them when I read or use computers for long periods of time, but I suppose you make a decent point if you dont have a way to cope visually

>that's a really shitty way to read tbqh senpai
you may want to read this
amazon.com/How-Read-Book-Touchstone-ebook/dp/B004PYDAPE

What if they want to share it with someone else?

>kissing
>not cumming in

virgin spotted

Attached: nbopVRR[1].jpg (655x983, 112K)

>some of them are water proof, this means nothing.
The argument can be extended to all kinds of physical harm. The point is that destroying a book will only prevent you from reading said book, while destroying your ereader prevents you from reading all the books on it.

I want to lick this porcelain skin like a housecat

Books can't run out of battery.

- Dog-earing pages
Digital indexing is more convenient and built into all top ereaders.
- Highlighting with a highlighter
Same as above.
- Many books do not exist as ebooks
Are you honestly suggesting the selection of physical books is superior to ebooks for any normal person?
- A book never runs out of batteries
True.
- A book can be lent to a friend easily
Are you honestly suggesting a single book is easier to share than a digital file?
- Writing in the margins
eReaders have functionality for this minus space restraint and permanence.
- Formatting is the the way the author and publisher intended it to be
Are you honestly suggesting it's not possible to recreate formatting in a digital formatting?
- Can bring a book anywhere without worrying that dropping it in water or getting sand up in it or spilling your drink on it will erase a bunch of your other books
Are you honestly suggesting books are waterproof, especially when top eReaders are?
- Home libraries add a nice personal touch to wherever you live and don't necessitate having any sense of aesthetics
Not relevant really.

You are a retard.

Books feel good, smell good.

I prefer books, but mostly use my kindle. It's free and convenient for thicc books.

Screens suck.
Even the best Kobo Forma has lighting issues.
On the other hand Kindle Oasis has terrible form and is locked in.

>Are you honestly suggesting the selection of physical books is superior to ebooks for any normal person?
for any normal person who desired to read ancient and medieval history, yes. vastly so.

>Digital indexing is more convenient and built into all top ereaders
no

>everything else you wrote except about batteries
you're literally a negroid subhuman

Attached: Ereader_selection_guide.png (1760x1360, 325K)

>- Dog-earing pages
I can make infinite bookmarks and even export them

See above

>- Many books do not exist as ebooks
Scan them

>- A book never runs out of batteries
Neither does anyone with a brain

>- A book can be lent to a friend easily
Nothing easier than sending a file

Infinite digital notes

>- Formatting is the the way the author and publisher intended it to be
A pointless restriction, but if you want to stick to it, get the PDF version

>- Can bring a book anywhere without worrying that dropping it in water or getting sand up in it or spilling your drink on it will erase a bunch of your other books
Water and dust resistant devices are pretty much the norm, and you have backups of your books (unlike your paper crap lmao)

>- Home libraries add a nice personal touch to wherever you live and don't necessitate having any sense of aesthetics
LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Attached: 1558365578283.jpg (719x637, 153K)

Because turning page is faster than waiting for eink to refresh.

is there a reader onto which you can just copy a epub/pdf/whatever, AND has a web browser capable enough for text articles?

yes

I prefer the tactile sensations of reading a physical book.

name 3

so the fancy sony e-readers are like $600
I got a Surface Book1 off ebay in fantastic shape for $200.
Sure I can't read in direct light, but I can run photoshop and watch videos on it....
I'd like to get something e-ink but it would have to be either cheaper or more capable. I'm not going to pay $600+ for a unitasker.

Seconding h2o v2. I have it and love it.

I focus easier when I'm reading a physical book vs an e-reader. Especially if they're the kind with internet browsing, then I won't even bother reading.
Plus like a lot of people said just holding a book feels better to my monkey brain.

>ereaders
Personally, they can be a bit clunky when flicking through a large book. Also, most of them are too small to taste. I prefer two pages at once to be able to see diagrams and figures.
I do appreciate not having to carry 10 kilos of paper around and search functions are very convenient, but small displays are a detriment for my use.

that's a stupid comparison, you can get a second hand kindle for like $20

With a real book, the progress you make while reading is tangible as you turn the pages.

cos.
tactile

i paid 30 gbp for a fire 7, all the books i want i can download and same thing for manga. sure its no e ink but it works fantastic and is worth the price

Attached: ayaya.jpg (252x200, 6K)

Autism

Low IQ.

Proper Ereaders are expensive as fuck. Until the good ones get below $50, its shit.

I physically cringed at your first 2 points.

Because I have an audible account, reading is for chumps.

Attached: only-one-in-ten-will-get-this-32312072.png (500x417, 106K)

Sauce me, my bruh

A lot of those can be done on ereaders too.
And I'm sure that dropping a physical book in water is just as bad as dropping an ereader. Same with spilling your drink.

You can't beat the feel of reading a physical paper book. I read ebooks now and then a little, but that's just books on meditation and whatnot that I can read and refer to at any time on my phone.
For everything else, I have a closet full of books. Must have about 300 by now.

Kissing is a lot of fun too, if you're creative. I'm a man of taste. There's always time to cum, why rush it? They like the build up too, few men bother with it.

Kobo Glo isn't available anymore wat do for manga

It's impossible to find an e-reader with no wireless these days, I don't want Amazon or Google or whoever spying on me or possibly deleting my ebooks.

>- Dog-earing pages
absolutely disgusting. please use bookmarks
i do this on my surface have access to unlimited highlighters that never run out and can be erased
>- Many books do not exist as ebooks
this is true sadly
>- A book never runs out of batteries
okay...? but E-ink shit lasts days and battery backs will make it last physically longer than you can stay awake.
>- A book can be lent to a friend easily
epubs are even easier to lend out
can do that with ebooks as well.
same... unless I don't want it to he.
same, except I don't need to stop at the bookstore half way through my trip or bring an extra suitcase for books.
>- Home libraries add a nice personal touch to wherever you live and don't necessitate having any sense of aesthetics
based hoarder
>Shall I continue?
yes, please continue to embarrass yourself

He's coping, sure, but when you said
>based hoarder
just fuck off. You think it's hoarding to have books you've read? Lay off the Marie Kondo tidying up shit. I'll sooner slice my wrists than toss out my books.

Based user. I alternate between physical and ebooks read on my tablet (I have a Chuwi Windows tablet for light work and media consumption).

Boyue Likebook series

i used to be one of those people who always said he prefers physical books, and if we're just talking about the actual act of reading i'd probably still say i prefer physical, but what won me over for ereaders was:

1) Can pirate basically any book and put it on there

2) Backlit e-ink screen makes it easy to read anywhere, don't have to deal with finding the exact spot in my house with the best light source and then never moving an inch while reading

I would never recommend an ereader that doesn't allow you to do both of those things. I have a likebook mars and its pretty dam good

yeah they just hand over the book
its a fucking book man not your 10TB JAV collection

>are you honestly suggesting

Attached: 190px-John_Oliver_November_2016.jpg (190x262, 10K)

Honestly, I don't even get the love for e-ink. Reading something on a normal LED tablet (and even phone) is more comfortable to me than reading boomer books, and it's not like I didn't read before smartphones and tablets were a thing (especially considering that I'm from a poorfag country, so it took at least a few more years for them to become popular). I can stare at a screen for 12 hours a day and never get uncomfortable (well, besides my back, but that's beyond the point).

>only thinks about sex
i can guarantee without a doubt that you are a virgin.

When I dropped my reader, it was FUBAR. not worth reinvesting.

>Dog-earing pages
>Highlighting with a highlighter
>Writing in the margins

Attached: 1538123881053.gif (340x223, 1.99M)

I don't care about e-readers, I like the feeling, heft and touch of an actual book. I like to read before going to sleep every night, there's nothing more comforting than just reading an actual book.
E-readers are a shit gimmick.

I prefer real books at home too but my ereader's great for uni, one 7.5mm thick 550g device vs. several textbooks and notebooks.

Since baseline kindles are absolutely ass cancer in terms of waiting for it to load a new page of a pdf, and normies don't want to spend the money for a kobo aura h2o

That does make sense yeah. Personally as a programmer I already spend every waking hour in front of a screen. For me reading is a nice nightly ritual. Turn off the computer, get in bed, turn on the regulable lamp to the lowest setting and just grab a real book. It helps me relax and fall asleep. To me getting an e reader would be to throw away all this.

An e-reader doesn't reduce the coziness of reading in bed. It makes it more comfortable, since it's often lighter and easier to hold than a book.

The only downside I've found is that I have too many book options, and end up switching between books like a channel surfing monkey.

What a cuckold. I take great pleasure in forcing every electronic book I read to be in sans-serif font with no hyphenation.

e-toddles are the exact same shit as tablets or alexa. Good for nothing more than sucking the money out of corporate drones.

Ironically, despite being ancient tech, books are a better experience and easier to use than e-readers. E-readers are slow and cumbersome. Only benefit of e-readers is the ability to store many books in a small amount of space and portability.