Y'all city slickers need a real CPU from Cyrix

Y'all city slickers need a real CPU from Cyrix.

Attached: buckle up for cyrix.png (2354x1218, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/72494-embedded-processors-part-one
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this 1993?

I miss Cyrix. "As good as a Pentium 166, for less!"

SEETHING wojak

I too hate having competent floating-point performance.

Whats their most powerful product? A 400 Mhz CPU?

a 300 MHz one actually

x86 is for retards. It isn't even the most used consumer ISA anymore.

VIA x86

Seriously? I was just pulling a random number out of my ass

I fucking love Wojack's various hats.

Attached: D4N8kqO.jpg (796x805, 119K)

x86 was never the most used consumer ISA.

Yes it was.

Attached: pcmarketshare.jpg (480x306, 22K)

Not really, x86 was only ever really a dominant force on general-purpose PCs, which have never even remotely been the most common or popular applications of computers in the consumer space, even if they're the most visible.
PCs are not everything, and even if you take that perspective, which obviously was not, it's still bullshit.

Can you back up your claim with any evidence? Both people you replied to are me, by the way.

>uses 40 watts on just a CPU

Attached: you.png (1000x600, 126K)

Some depressed contrarian just saw a youtube video on Cyrix.
Real faggot too seeing as how he still posts Wojacks.

this

Crack open practically any microprocessor-controlled device in your house that isn't a PC and tell us how many x86 implementations you find. We'll wait.

If you want something more statistically pleasing, compare the proliferation of embedded x86 designs to that of various microcontroller families. You'll find that x86 did not make it very far beyond specific types of high-end embedded systems, and you'll find few devices that aren't intended to be PC-compatible in some way sporting them.

If you look beyond the comparatively small market of PCs and look at computers as a whole, x86 was never even a sizable fraction of overall microprocessor sales.

Had a Cyrix DX2/66 back in the day.
*sips*

I'll ask you once more. Do you have any actual evidence to support your claim? Show me the numbers from the late 80s. I will wait.

And I'll tell you once more to open your eyes. This is common knowledge.

If this is such common knowledge then finding evidence shouldn't be so difficult.

extremetech.com/computing/72494-embedded-processors-part-one
The figures in this article are directly sourced from WSTS. Now will you stop being an idiot?

Attached: 8127.gif (350x276, 13K)

I don't see a proper source for that image in your article. I'll now give you the opportunity to back that image up with the actual data. Even though it begins later than specified.

Protip: they're Via now and they suck ass.
Also, they've setup a joint venture with some Chinese company (to spread their craptacular x86 designs).

You're just moving goalposts and pulling shit out of your ass. I'm not going to dig through 20+ years of WSTS reports (if they're even freely available) to satisfy whatever particular case you're looking for regarding some basic fact you or anyone else with a basic understanding of embedded computing can derive from simply looking at the feature set, power consumption and cost of any x86 chip since the 8086 itself.

>You're just moving goalposts
Such as? Point out where you think I am doing this. Because I think this is just you trying to dodge my original question.
> I'm not going to dig through 20+ years of WSTS reports (if they're even freely available) to satisfy whatever particular case you're looking for regarding some basic fact you or anyone else with a basic understanding of embedded computing can derive from simply looking at the feature set, power consumption and cost of any x86 chip since the 8086 itself.
Just admit you can't back up your claim, then. You shouldn't push your agenda so hard if you can't back it up.

Uhh, Smartphones sales have outpaced consumer computers and they're all ARM.
That ignores POWER, ARM, and x86 on servers but still.

Nobody uses x86 on embeded devices which are the majority of electronics.

Source?

Google.

I don't use that.

>things be like they do and here's why it's self-evident
>provide a source!
>provide a source
>it's not good enough!
>explain why you're full of shit
>no spoonfeed me another link!
You're just moving goalposts and shitting around instead of admitting you misunderstood the original statement.

How am I "moving goalposts"? Do you even know what that means?

It's when you take a goalpost and move it.

xD

litterally laffing my as of

t. POWER5

Attached: 1453795842204.jpg (500x382, 16K)

Scientists don't use qualcum

Stay mad

Attached: 1010299292293773.jpg (1024x777, 72K)