Previous threads:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: Meat.jpg (2543x1423, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560-2230-Gigabit/dp/B07G42J6KQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Intel 9560&qid=1563062442&s=electronics&sr=1-1
notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-G-GA502DU-Ryzen-7-3750H-GTX-1660-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.421577.0.html
logicalincrements.com/
pastebin.com/wz03tYQi
pastebin.com/PUQhmpLp
pastebin.com/raw/xmUngQRK
autohotkey.com/docs/commands/SetTimer.htm
gist.github.com/tayfie/6dad43f1a452440fba7ea1c06d1b603a
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model#Layer_architecture
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what beginner projects should i do to get good at javascript?

I got good at html . htell me what to do bros.css after doing tutorials but thats cause I started doing a shit ton of my own projects. With actual programming, it's hard to just think of something I want to do

Should I learn kivy or pyqt?

What's the best DE for bisexuals?

Got the Asus ROG GA502DU and it has a really shitty wifi card. Trying to upgrade to a really good one, but am wondering how to know which are compatible. I was looking at this one:
amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560-2230-Gigabit/dp/B07G42J6KQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Intel 9560&qid=1563062442&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Anyone more experienced with WLAN cards think they can help me find one that's compatible, or can say if the linked one is?

Link to article:
notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-G-GA502DU-Ryzen-7-3750H-GTX-1660-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.421577.0.html

(deleted because thought i posted in wrong thread)

Attached: 1551751261829.png (853x920, 131K)

I finally have acquired enough income that I can invest in a good PC and not worry about my savings.
With a budget around 2000-3000$, how do I get a good Gaming PC?
Should I stick with Microsoft? I know its Spyware but I've heard that Linux can't run that many games; Is that true or am I an idiot?

Can I clone a Seagate HDD to a Corsair SSD?

Attached: Big_Smoke_SA.png (507x613, 436K)

ACTUALLY in order to clone it, it'd have to be larger than my HDD.

Is there a way to change my computer to make it start up with a SSD without having to fuckin re-install windows and all that?

Technically, yes. Will it work? Assuming it's the same interface (e.g. SATA), then it should.

Yes

>it'd have to be larger than my HDD
No, just large enough to hold the shit that's on the HDD.

Macrium Reflect will do the job, just make sure you can boot with the old drive unplugged before you wipe it.

With that much cash going in, I'd want to be able to play anything, which generally limits it to MS.

Also that's way more than you need to spend. What monitor are you thinking about? That tells you what kind of hardware you need. Also do you care about customizing your shit, or is prebuilt fine?

I don't want to wipe the other drive I've got cool stuff on it I'll use the second drive for storage and the SSD solely for booting so my pc can SHUT THE FUCK UP stupid loud HDD

I have a wireless bridge in my house and it's openwrt is on 192.168.1.2 (does not have a dhcp server) and uses relayd to connect to 192.168.1.1

I have a client (192.168.1.153) connected to the one of the 192.168.1.2 ethernet ports

When both routers are restarted, everything works fine. After like 20 hours, I can't connect to the client, and this is what happens when I ping it while being connected to the 192.168.1.2 router

Pinging 192.168.1.153 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.

This problem is fixed when I reboot the bridge router (192.168.1.2)

does anybody have a clue what might be happening and how a nub like me can fix it?

Attached: rohn25_test_stand.jpg (835x1113, 86K)

Ok, then just wipe the unneeded folders and boot partitions. But if you've got more stuff on the HDD currently than fits on the SSD, that creates a problem.

>Also that's way more than you need to spend.
You're probably right, I guess I was just pointing out my budget is good for this since I want to invest in a nice computer here.
>What monitor are you thinking about?
This is why I am asking this in the stupid question thread; I haven't had a desktop in years. I have no idea what a good monitor is; Maybe one that fits in my field of vision but is detailed if that is helpful at all?

>Also do you care about customizing your shit, or is prebuilt fine?
Prebuilt is probably fine, mostly because I don't trust myself to build a PC without fucking it up somehow; Though if it turns out all Prebuilt PCs right now are scams then I would resign myself to building it.

what anime is this

what does boot partitions mean? I've got 180gb on the drive, so if I buy a 240gb SSD that should be fine right?

Everything except your C: partition. Yes, but SSDs are so cheap these days I wouldn't bother with less than 512.

What resolution and refresh rate?

1920x1080 and 144HZ?

Kind of an oddball. Have you actually tried high hz or higher rez? Personally I see 1440p as more important, but it really does vary based on personal preference. Anyway thats a high processor combo that's relatively light on gpu. You could get away with an RX 5700 or a 1660ti.

logicalincrements.com/

This is kind of ridiculous. I've never seen this before. Is this normal?

Assuming you update the BIOS/UEFI, does it get instantly "loaded" or only on the next reboot? Because that would imply that one can switch back and forth between different CPUs then.

Attached: 2019-07-14-10:19:22.png (952x373, 37K)

how do you actually convert a old video to hd i found a old video of me playing soccer and its 480p i wanna convert to 1080p or 4k i tried handbrake and use all its setting but my video file got big but the quality remaind the same wtf am i doing something wrong help

You can't magically create missing pixels.
You can upscale it, but the visual quality will not improve.

What are you talking about?

BIOS/UEFI update for my motherboard. I have a 7th generation A-Series APU. If I update the BIOS to support the new Zen 2 Ryzens, then I can't use my current CPU with the motherboard anymore.

Webmindexer is no longer on github, what do I use now?

What is a good virtual keyboard with a lot of language support for my fedora machine

Google Play Store tells me that by the 1st of August, "all apps that use native code must provide a 64-bit version in order to publish an update", but they only allow a single apk to be uploaded.

Is there a way to get around this and upload both the arm7 and arm64 packages generated by UE4, for the same app?

Attached: confused.jpg (505x431, 31K)

which net settings should i go for
1111 ? ? ?

I have a bluray iso (but no protection), whats the best tool to extract the main video stream and combine it into one file without changing any quality setting (currently there is many m2ts files) I could probably just copy the files and join them with ffpmeg, but I think sometimes they arent in right numerical order, and I dont want to actually watch them one by one out of order to do this, surely there must be some tool that will do this for me

Attached: 18419349194.jpg (699x720, 160K)

What can be a reason for a:

PSU

GPU

Motherboard

To cause electric short circuit / shock / shutdown

Yes. You don't have to have it be a larger drive if everything fits just fine. Use a cracked/torrented version of HD Clone. Or register your shit on corsair they probably give keys for Acronis software.

Just keep in mind to NOT resize partitions according to partition sizes because that will fuck up the UEFI partition and then you'll have to fix it.

If you have anything that is 32 fucking bit just upgrade your nigger ass old peice of shit.
32bit is antiquated and not supported anymore

handbrake

Why can't you just flash an older version of the BIOS and use your old shit. I'd write an email for clarification.

A very high end PC for sure. Stick with microsoft. Latest AMD 8-core, 32gb ram, 2080. High quality mobo/PSU (stay away from ASUS). Should last a good 7 years at least. You'll probably only need 2k.

Linux can run a few decent games but usually not the latest and greatest. Although I reckon you can make a VM and have passthrough when you become advanced and just do that.

I mean you can, you would just need a dedicated GPU.

There are android devices that still run 32 bit, for various reasons. If you're failing to provide that as a publisher, that's a problem.

mkvtoolnix

SO UPDATE YOUR SHIT NIGGA

Your shit has to be over 10 years old to be 32 bit.Get a used galaxy s8 for $200 or some shit.You are the reason we dont have deployed ipv6 and STILL have to fuck around with 32bit

>thats a problem
Your device is not only out of warranty and end of life, but its not even acknowledged at an API/SDK level.
Why would i waste time deving a 32bit program for literally only you and not on my main product?
UPDATE YOUR SHIT

I don't think you understood the question.
OP is deploying an application in the play store, not using a 32bit device.

Since YouTube kept resetting my dark theme and enabling autoplay (presumably because I was blocking Google cookies), I found userscripts which could do both and keep it permanent.

However, the dark theme script doesn't seem to change the white background of the three-dot dropdown menu, rendering the text illegible - pic related. I tried to modify the script, but it didn't work.
Any help? Here's links to both scripts:

Dark theme:
pastebin.com/wz03tYQi

Disable autoplay:
pastebin.com/PUQhmpLp

Attached: dropdown.png (420x279, 64K)

Is it recommended to use DNS over HTTPS?

He would have to be developing 32bit code for this to be an issue to him.Thus he has a 32bit phone he is deving on for some dumb fucking reason

He's using UE4 which compiles to 32bit as well.

I am well aware there are cross-compilers.
But why support 32bit code in the first fucking place?
Its been officially abandoned by every major vendor going back a decade
The last pi is 64bit, so dont give me that bullshit

Do i NEED an A+ cert to get an entry level job when I'm already getting a university degree?

Because 32bit devices still exist in the world. If you're an app developer you want the largest audience you can get and not remove a quarter of it just because.
And he has to do literally no extra work to get that audience because he already has a 32bit binary.

Someone told me to have sex... How?

>apple killed 32 bit in ios11
>google killed 32bit 2015
>microsoft killed 32bit in 2008
>intel killed 32 bit on all atom lines
>intel killed 32bit on all desktop cpu in 2015
>amd dropped radeon 32 bit support
>nvidia dropped geforce 32 bit support
>ndk r17 drops support

>over a quarter
NAH

Anything wrong with using 3000mhz ram with a 9900k? I hear all these things on the ryzen side related to ram speed but im not sure if it applies to intel as well.

Anyone know why settings on pic dont work half the time? Sometimes it works and sometimes it just shuts off after 3 minutes anyways.

Attached: 1533428331872.jpg (654x230, 19K)

Is it true that turning the lights on from off uses as much power as leaving them on for several minutes after they're already on?

I remember my dad told me that as a kid but to this day I don't know if it's true or just some bullshit he told me to stop me from messing with the light switches.

Is your PC actually set to use this plan? Does your PC automatically switch plans based on some criteria (plugged/unplugged, battery level, etc)?

Might want to check the advanced settings as well and see if any of them conflict with what's there.

i have an i3-8100 with a 1050ti.

i was just given a gtx980. im sure ill be bottlenecking it, but my question is can I just install the card and continue running like normal? or do I have to uninstall the nvidia drivers then reinstall them?

just replace the card, it should pick up the drivers automatically

Kinda. It's true that turning them on has an added cost, but that's not more than just leaving them on for a minute.

Tech illiterate here: since W7 is kill soon, I wanted to install W8 but the drivers for my laptop are all labeled for being for W7, will they install fine on W8?

I'm moving and need to transport my PC. I know I'm supposed to pull out the GPU but the Intel stock heatsink really doesn't seem heavy enough to damage the motherboard. Do I have to remove it too? The trip is 28 km if that matters.

Usually.

Is it possible to revise my offer on ebay after the item is already paid for and shipped? I'm starting to feel I may have paid too much

Attached: 1538181261326.jpg (480x360, 24K)

i'm searching through browsing history in firefox for pages i viewed on a certain site, and every time i click an item in the list, that item jumps to the top of the list and the whole sidebar scrolls up with it. i'm trying check each individual page with a certain title and this causes me to lose my place each time i click one. is there any way to get the sidebar to stop jumping to the top each time i check one of my previously viewed pages?

why is it necessary to "extract to desktop (or where ever)" when you use winrar? I can run the program directly through rar file

Is my graphics card dying?

After my computer has been running for 15-20 minutes both screens lose signal (both HDMI and VGA) but sounds work fine, so the computer doesn't crash.
Once i've restarted it's back to normal for another 20 minutes.

Attached: 1387651665350.png (1065x902, 1.49M)

Adguard dns is extremely slow on my android lately, has anyone else the same problem?

If it's only a single .exe file you need from within the archive then there's no problem doing it that way really. You might run into problems if the program needs to access other files from within the .rar that it expects to find in the directory though.

...or so I assume anyway, honestly I have no idea how it handles such situations

>I can run the program directly through rar file
do you mean you open the program in the archive software's file browser? because in that case it actually is extracting it to a temporary location before running it

How can I use the wireless hotspot on my phone with my pc that doesn’t have a WiFi card

you'd need one of those usb dongles

Thanks.

No, timed it just now, 2 minutes and it turns off, changed it to 1 minute, then it went to sleep after 1 minute properly and back to "never" and it works properly now. The thing is bugged for real. I'll just keep turning it off and on when it bugs out I guess.

Why is my AHK script not looping?

pastebin.com/raw/xmUngQRK

Not really sure but it might be better to set that up using a Timer instead: autohotkey.com/docs/commands/SetTimer.htm

Then you can just make the hotkey start/stop the timer as needed.

literally what makemkv does (also supports protected discs and dvd's)

Where can I find a new window for a windowed side panel? The model of my case is quite old and I cant find spare parts anywhere

Is life really worth living?

Can I do calculus problems in LISP?

Attached: 1563098195295.jpg (640x800, 115K)

What mouse sensor is the best, How much noticeable difference is there between them

Attached: 3310.jpg (550x413, 256K)

Yeah I only have two tbs open. So what the Hell is this looking for in my information?

Attached: Possible_Botnet.png (795x445, 47K)

*tabs

If all you can think of to do with your time is ask that question on this thread every other day, probably not.

Overclocking my 9700K right now, getting it to 5GHz with 1.27V. Should I try to go for 5.1GHz 1.3V next? Is there a hard limit on how far you should push it other than computer crashing during stress test?

I have a Windows 10 tablet that I want to use to read manga and ebooks I have in cbz/epub.
What would be the best way to do this?
I was thinking android x86, but I read somewhere that sleep mode doesn't work on android x86 with my tablet, and just causes the tablet to continuously restart.

>use in that case it actually is extracting it to a temporary location before running it
huh neat

why can't ARM into (real)gaming

I'm using this command for download images from here but only saves thumbnails.
what is wrong?

wget -P pictures -nd -r -l 1 -H -D i.4cdn.org -A png,gif,jpg,jpeg,webm [thread-url]

source: gist.github.com/tayfie/6dad43f1a452440fba7ea1c06d1b603a

Attached: 2131b3787f6a7738ef.jpg (595x842, 270K)

The host is now is2.Jow Forums.org

What is the point of var in C#?
Do you just place it to receive whatever you might get and then throw Trys at it till you know what you got and continue accordingly? Is there more to it than promotion of being a faggot that doesn't control his own code?

it's just so you can be lazy without having to declare types twice.
var test = 1; is the same as int test = 1; because 1 already implies integer.

This is handy to avoid something like
List test = new List();
and you can just write
var test = new List();
instead.

var is not a dynamic type, it's just syntactic sugar that gets converted during compile time.

thanks

what do people in IT mean when they talk about "networking." Is it more of a hardware or software thing?

That's actually quite gay but useful

It's all in there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model#Layer_architecture

Doesn't this make the compilation a bit slower though? Gotta save those extra ms

not necessarily. With var you don't have to parse the type on the left hand side, and don't need to check if the declared type is compatible with the right hand side, which depending on the type system might not be entirely trivial.

Any suggestions on what certs to go for if you want to get a sysadmin/network admin job ?

Just overclocked it to 5.1GHz 1.31V without crashing, but seeing as the CPU is hitting temps at 91C at 100% load stresstest I think I'll stop it here. Could try to get it to 5.2GHz at 1.33~1.34V but it usually crashes when CPU goes above 93C so might be hard.

Ok guys Im working on a friends laptop, it originally had windows 7 on it, and it now has windows 10, they told me they were updating it, and something happened, and hwne I received it, it kept doing a boot loop after the windows 10 logo, and it tried to go into automatic repair, but couldnt even boot into that.

After a while it finally booted into the desktop, and it was weird, I was pressing f2 which is usually bios, but it went into desktop instead. I did some googling, and someone said make a windows 10 usb recovery off your own machine, so I did, and booted from the usb, but I still get the same problem, just boot loops.

At one point I got a BSOD and get
>kernel check error
or something like that, and it says when that happens it usually happen with incompatibility issues if you upgraded from another OS.

I literally can't get into repair mode, and all the google searches I found tell me that when I go to restart the laptop from the desktop (which I can't!) I hold shift or some shit and I should be in safe mode.

what would my option be? Just to put a windows 10 installation on a usb, boot, and hope I can fix it without have to do a complete reinstall?

Attached: RE2Kemr[1].jpg (767x431, 49K)

Since the molex connector on my new case fan is missing a pin, i want to use the small connector on it. It;s a 3 pin one. On my motherboard there are only 4 pin connectors. Can i just plug it in?