This guy's software development team would spend the end of the day winding down by playing unreal tournament 2003 over...

this guy's software development team would spend the end of the day winding down by playing unreal tournament 2003 over LAN. was this a common thing amongst programmers in the early 2000s? Does it still happen today?

Attached: nSbLMZfU_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Destiny/comments/7rc2fg/i_dont_understand_why_you_guys_hate_stefan/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course not, you get fired immediately if you so much as wander into the video game room with the fully stocked snack and beer fridge, it's only for press photos.

peter molyneux was involved in software development?

Attached: 1554548104040.png (1200x1042, 247K)

I use the video game room all the time.

he was the head of the (very successful) company

defoo and come work for me

Wrong molymeme.

What successful company?

Microsoft

Where is Fable 4 bro?

this thread mentions him and fable but wasn't it Peter Molyneux?
reddit.com/r/Destiny/comments/7rc2fg/i_dont_understand_why_you_guys_hate_stefan/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux

For video toy developers? Maybe. But not common for actual software developers, who would never use Windows. Though you could play "unreal tournament" on Unix.

apple

>actual software developers, who would never use Windows
What serious company bans Windows?

Nintendo

starbucks

>was this a common thing amongst programmers in the early 2000s?
Where I worked then, yes, we did this.

Google, Oracle, IBM, Apple. Most tech focused companies avoid Windows for obvious reasons.

lol, what a shitpost. I like the guy, but he can be autistic from time to time. Also he does speak some stuff that personally attack me so I may be biased. Anyway, I do not imagine him gaming.

>Does it still happen today?
depends. i know some guys from my office play csgo and pubg and all that shit. i sometimes play csgo and killing floor.

Where I live a lot of IT companies allow you to do other things, including play video games, whenever you want.

But don't worry. those companies only pay just above minimum wage.

You should start interviewing for your next job

You have no idea how relaxed companies used to be by the 80s. You'd eat breakfast with everyone on company time.
You won't get this in clown world, where milking you until you break is the only thing companies are interested in.

Peter Molyneux is the video game designer. You have your molyneuxs in a tangle.

Attached: 220px-Peter-molyneux-at-university-of-southampton.jpg (220x290, 17K)

Yes, lots of dev teams would play games after work. It was especially common in game companies.