What's a good air purifier?

what's a good air purifier?

Attached: 31dGiftihzL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6106135/
youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Plants in the room

wow, you are so edgy.

a box fan with a hepa filter taped to it. the things in your pic do approximately nothing.

Open a window.

Basically any hepa with uv and negative ion release, I have a puremate model, supposedly its for large rooms, it does collect a lot of dust on the filter but the overall effect isnt that great and plenty if dust still makes it to the surfaces. I guess I would need like 4 or 5 of them in my small room to really filter all the dust.

samefag

It is literally a fan with a hepa filter and an activated carbon filter.

thats a bladeless fan

A cat 3 storm in my neighborhood.

Attached: location-saint-malo-grandes_maree_bretagne.jpg (1000x669, 91K)

it's not bladeless the blades are hidden in the base. it's extremely inefficient really

What the fuck is this retarded bougie shit? Yikes

not breathing

BBW braphog

Fairly sure your idea does approximately nothing either.

This makes no sense. The air is pushed through the slit using dyson effect, but there's no filter of any kind within the slit. The cylinder on the bottom barely does anything because that's not where the main airflow is.

>it does collect a lot of dust on the filter

How much dust are we talking?
If you consider how much dust you collect when vacuum cleaning, that's an indication of how much dust you should be collecting to make any difference whatsoever.
I don't think any "air purifiers" exist that collect even 10% of what a vacuum cleaner collect every week.

Yeah, it's like Dyson put a meme inside a meme.

get one of these, dyson is shit

Attached: holmesairpurifier.jpg (450x450, 23K)

He is right though.

Attached: FilteringPlants.jpg (524x578, 81K)

are there HEPA filters for ACs?

Attached: 1.jpg (1834x1218, 84K)

your mome lol

based
op absolutely wrecked

its going to catch dust, and while its pretty inefficient, the relative performance of that $15 solution compared to a $800 dyson air mover is worth 785 dollars in savings

especially when you consider the filter size on that $800 dyson fan is engineered to be as small and shitty as possible so you buy more accessories and potentially an entirely new unit when its 2 year engineered lifespan is up

plants don't filter air. the follow ups to that NASA study, which is from 1989, go into great detail over the efficacy and air filtering qualities of a significant number of plant cultivars and their growing conditions and they come to the conclusion that the microbiome in the soil the plant grows in is what is filtering the air. meaning, that pretty much all of that data in that picture is bunk. specific plants don't filter specific toxins out of the air, its the microbes in the soil that absorbs toxic gasses and it has more to do with the bacteria in the soil than it does the plant itself.

i know you're just reposting shit but it bugs me that there is this entire meme focused around 'plant air filtering' based on what is an almost entirely deprecated NASA study thats almost 40 years old. its technically not wrong, plants filter air, but its also hilariously misinformed and people just keep running with it as if it hasn't been peer reviewed since 1989

stop breathing

The plants don't filter the air, the soil does. And it doesn't "filter" these VOCs, it's just a biological reaction from the bacteria in the soil.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6106135/

Faggot. Tell me I'm "hilariously misinformed', I bet you don't even have access to research papers I could link to on this topic. I gave you a free one there.

>The contribution of the soil and roots for formaldehyde elimination was 26%.

There's a Chinese dude that came up with a DIY air purifier that made him a millionaire or some shit. It's basically a fan with a filter over it. It's been researched, and works great.

Any HEPA filter + carbon will work, provided it provides adequate flow and is rated for the room size you have. Anything else is pure marketing bullshit.

opening your windows and going outside

Attached: file.png (1505x2125, 1.52M)

Typically the soil plays a larger role in the "filtering", it depends on the plant specifically and the one they tested isn't the best one at that task.

Also, literally the sentence before:
>The results showed that the N. obliterata plant efficiently removed formaldehyde from the polluted air by 90%–100%, depending on the inlet concentrations, in a long time exposure.

Overall point so you brainlets don't lose the forest for the trees: Put some plants in your room, it's not a meme. Or don't, I don't care after I read that credit card thread that showed that 90% of you are neets.

Snake oil.

>opening your windows and going outside
even if you live in beijing or hong kong?

>I gave you a free one there.
Very good. Now that the first one was shot down in flames, do you have other papers that substantiate your claims?

Dyson is unironically worse than Apple. They design retarded machines and then charge 10x what they're worth.
pic related, a disgusting Dyson hand dryer which forces you to carefully put your hands into a gap so that it can blow shit all over you and knock your hands against the sides which are infested with bacteria.
FUCK JAMES DYSON

Attached: Dyson_Airblade_Transparent_BG.png (220x293, 56K)

I purposely do not til any restaurant with that piece of shit

Attached: FB5FC190-A222-49CF-86F0-4CC5113BB166.jpg (1077x944, 235K)

*tip

this but unironically

Jow Forums - Animals and Nature

Fuck the outside. I have a nice patio surrounded by all sorts of plants and shit but I'm facing the public road into a public park and dumb fucking normalfag chink students always nihaou at me. Why can't those pieces of shit just walk along their way and leave me in peace with my open windows.

Austin Healthmate. It obviously has a HEPA as it's hospital grade. I have this large one that sits on wheels.

Attached: Austin_Air_Healthmate-standard-white_6aa075ab-1f7a-4d47-a145-958da59bbb6b_large.jpg (480x480, 18K)

Get a load of this man's brain specs.

youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU Think again its 90% efficient

>allergic to pollen
>just open a window !

Attached: press box for doubt.jpg (600x909, 31K)

>gets cancer immediately

Technically I doubt allergies even exist, except the fatal ones.
Cities lack nature, the more allergies

then why do i wake up congested, but not if it rained the previous day

As mentioned above.

Attached: air filter.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Literal autism

I've been using a Germguardian HEPA filter for years and it does a decent job.

xiaomi air purifier diy version

Attached: 1760318F-20F5-41E6-8D71-22376D608F91.jpg (640x640, 79K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study

source please?

Jow Forums needs a hepa fan to filter out the stale farts in the room.

open your window

Not living in a big city

I don't live in a shithole with no environmental regulations so I don't need to filter any smog out of my air.

I just bought a Winix 5300-2.

Only uses 14w of juice on the lowest fan setting where it stays 95% of the time. And the filters are pretty cheap to replace.

Attached: 1560729433935.gif (220x220, 46K)

I've got HEPA MERV 13 undies for that.

Attached: 616pGaIZfGL._SL1402_.jpg (1000x1402, 66K)

I dunno, these things actually dry my hands unlike literally every other hand dryer.

>knock your hands against the sides
Are your hands made of paper?

>press box
>box

Konnichiwa nigger

Fuck yourself.

Are you cleaning you nose with physiological water before going to bed?