Do you think these are really military grade?

do you think these are really military grade?

Attached: Computex2012_0912_DxO.jpg (3504x2336, 2.17M)

i have an msi h81m-p33, which is military grade 4 as the msi fucks say. i'll say one thing, do yourselves a favor and stay away from msi if you want a properly functioning bios. i have never seen something this broken in my entire life.

jesus that looks fucking awful by the way.

Gamers will believe anything

Attached: 1501346530800.jpg (640x400, 78K)

Military grade implies it was made by the lowest bidder

I knew someone who was in the army and spent two years in Iraq who always laughed at military-themed stuff like this for exactly that reason. "military grade" really means "the absolute cheapest possible thing that can be made to just barely meet the specifications"

and that's okay so long as the spec is high

Christ that looks bad. How embarrassing.

How much can I mine pic related with that?

Attached: TurtleCoin.png (477x477, 17K)

No

and/or designed by a committee

is it even worse that the hilarious bad asrock bios quality?

>military grade
>"do not touch"

Attached: 1558247648370.jpg (1294x1000, 138K)

"Military grade" is just a standard/specification, and its probably not as high as you think.

Overdesigned shit, why paint cogwheels and rust on it?

Military grade is coded speech for milking the tax payer for decades due to buf fixes. That MSI board of yours is a good example.

If I remember correctly there used to be a military standard for how the solder joints should be made, but the specs were the same as the IPC specs for regular electronics so it was retired.

the one that i have sets the multiplier to x255 from x42 which i have set to sometimes, by itself. it's finicky.

why did tuf become the budget option in recent years

I thought the original was cool.
this is fucking awful though.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1920x1585, 689K)

>smothering the board with an enclosure
why

it's thermal armor that removes the potential for hot pockets

Military grade would be better soldered and coated to the max for protection.

Attached: military-grade-pcb-repairing-500x500.jpg (500x326, 49K)

This is as cringey as 'vengeance RAM'

>do you think these are really military grade?
>it's not even conformally coated
Haiti military, maybe.

You have bad taste, that is literally Asus Taichi design

No it doesn't. It traps heat inside the motherboard that's all. Keep in mind it's plastic

Anyone who has ever had anything to do with anything military will know that "military grade" is just barely above "bottom of the budget barrel".
No, it actually works, people tested it. Doesn't work well enough to justify the price, however.

Attached: 1555825442095.jpg (234x250, 10K)

>implying military grade means good
MRE exists.

It's ducting. You're supposed to install fans.

Attached: aysoose airducts.jpg (500x500, 65K)

I'd reckon military grade in terms of electronics mostly mean can take a beating from being dropped and whatnot.

>No, it actually works, people tested it.
If you install the jet-engine fans, of course it will. However the noise level is far worse the X570 chipset fan and also pointless as you can always rig a 140mm+ fan to blow at the motherboard. No fans? It WILL be hotter--basic physics just works.

I'm a marine and I use this motherboard

>buy an expensive board that is basically made to have the assist fan
>don't buy said fan
>"WOW IT DOESNT WORK"

It comes in the box, rart. The point is one (1) 140mm fan blowing at the motherboard will do it a much better favor in addition to being actually quiet.

TUF used to be quite durable, but they've relegated it to entry-level garbage.
If it was "military grade" anything before, it may not be now. Not that "military grade" is a big deal, since it can mean literally anything.

If the motherboards start talking about muh benefits and freedom isn't free I might believe it.

seconded this, their bios' are horrible; never buying MSI again

of course not, but it looks nice

If it doesn't use leaded solder then it isn't. The DoD demands only the good stuff for their boards and thinks the environment is for fags.

No, they only comply with one military rating and that's enough to give them the "military grade" ranking.
It's marketing, welcome to capitalism.

Of course, lowest bidder for the pre-requested quality. People always forget that there are military standards and only meme the lowest bidder.
Buildings with thousands of people in them and hundreds of stories are also made by the lowest bidder, but they comply with building regulations and standards.

Don't really need "jet engine" fans, a fan that's inaudible at low RPM is already over twice as good as heat conviction itself.

>do you think these are really military grade?
Only gaymer larping as operator using that shit.

>i had an asrock
How bad are talking about user?

>military grade
>bullet-proof to heat
>easily melted plastic connectors

Attached: 1521508028623.jpg (624x448, 25K)

"Military grade," is code for, "the lowest bidder made this."

Facts. I have an MSI motherboard, and recently I had a RAID 0 drive that was causing a BSoD. Turns out that updating the Bios caused the board to delete the RAID controllers. Absolutely 1000IQ.

based

just enable spread spectrum in the bios to take advantage of all the military grade technologies available