>X11
They're both deprecated.

sway

they are both good

dilate

well that's an unpopular opinion

but which one is better?

I'd choose dwm if had too.

literally the only reason i dont use dwm is because i am cucked by the azerty keyboard layout and patching in keysym ruins any other patch id like to have

bspwm

Openbox

>gaps
>blur
>faggy colors
you have to go back

I like i3

there is literally nothing wrong with gaps

What? I use dwm with azerty and have zero problems. Just change the bindings manually in your config.h. Use xev to get the keycodes of the number keys.
I can give you this part of my config.h if you want.

Tried dwm and i3. dwm Is better but recompiling was too much of a hassle. i3 Is comfier, but maybe I'm just a brainlett.

please do
i swear to you this has pissed me off so much i actually uninstalled my gentoo dwm i had because i refused to use gentoo if i couldbt figure this out
all the patches on the suckless site proposed changing it from the dwm.c file i remember

I don't know, but ur computer looks cool!

why ist that a hassle? It's literally a single command to recompile and it does not even take long

alright
TAGKEYS( XK_ampersand, 0)
TAGKEYS( XK_eacute, 1)
TAGKEYS( XK_quotedbl, 2)
TAGKEYS( XK_apostrophe, 3)
TAGKEYS( XK_parenleft, 4)
TAGKEYS( XK_minus, 5)
TAGKEYS( XK_egrave, 6)
TAGKEYS( XK_underscore, 7)
TAGKEYS( XK_ccedilla, 8)

this should be enough

merci infiniment

>not using herbsluft
it's like you don't care about internet streetcred

Attached: hlwm-panelicons-0.png (1280x1024, 1.34M)

i care about street cred, i use nixos as a distro
herbsluftwmpill me

youtube.com/watch?v=Hyoq18FUQjg

bspwm is probably the highest streetcred window manager

>use tiling wm because muh fullscreen/better layout
>put fucking gaps in it

not gonna use something where mouse doesn't steal focus

>use tiling wm because when I used a floating one I autistically rearranged every window and prefer having windows not fuck up completely when you move one of them
>don't want it to take up 100% of the space on my monitor which is slightly too big than I'd like, and want to seperate some windows which are similar without a thick/bright border

tmux

seething

>having a keybind to set gaps size to 0 when needing maximum size

yeah it works flawlessly, had to mess with the nix build script a little to get to work with nix.

Attached: 2019-07-14-162910_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 949K)

>Linux still can't get a decent looking blur effect in 2019
I don't get how anyone can use this hideous shit with about 10 shades in total and think it looks pretty. The banding hurts my eyes.

WindowMaker GNUstep

i3. It has tabbed and stacked layouts which are a must on a laptop screen (but I use it on a pc screen as well)

i3 is a r*ddit tier wm for retards with retarded tiling, so if you use i3 you should fuck off back to r*ddit...

Guys that use dwm, I've got a question for you: is this true that if you want to apply multiple patches you basically have to copy/paste the code by hand?

Which one of these two offer mouse support?
That's who wins

18+ site.

Just set gaps on one workspace and use that one for your desktop screenshots.

I used dmw for a while.
I applied and removed all my patches with the `git apply` command.
There is also a guide on suckless's website how to patch.

I just found it too tiresome so I went back to my i3.

I'm not only using gaps for screenshots. When I'm doing casual stuff I have some borders as well

why

I used i3, therefore it is superior because I am infallible.

Fuck off back to r*ddit, retarded i3kiddie.

why not? I think it looks better and I don't always need much space for the applications

bspwm

microsoft

herbstluftwm

Attached: iy5nZgM.png (1920x1080, 735K)

How desperate are you for screen real estate?

it's like less than 2000 lines of c code and barely takes a second on my retarded dual core from 2012.

dwm.exe is better than any other wm

dunno about dwm but only place you use the mouse on i3wm is i3bar interaction for workspace switching and moving windows around when in floating mode.

you basically press the mod key (alt or windows key) and it allows you to move the window.

also, the focus is on the window with the cursor on it.

isn't that the windows 7 thingy?

again, 18+ website.

But shes right

I use Sway as a daily driver. Its perfectly functional, but my problem is I bought my GPU in 2016, before AMD became competitive again. So no GPU acceleration. I'm probably going to rotate back to i3-gaps because of it. Sway is SO CLOSE to being a replacement but its those few edge cases that cause the entire thing to fall apart.

I've kept my dwm set of patches to only non-cosmetic stuff, and only have

Host a patch on GitHub and use fetchpatch

Hi Will

cwm

i3

whats the color theme

this
workspace_layout tabbed
hide_edge_borders both

yeah, like 10px gaps

Yes. Almost all the patches are outdated so automatic patching with git pretty much never work. It really is a shitty system if you absolutely need to use it. I only have one tiny patch which is easy to apply and suckless almost never updates dwm, so once you've done it you're good for a long time.

It's just an inferior version of BSPWM.

VSCode extension to make the background blurred and transparent?

Awesome WM

Seething redditor. Fuck off.

KDE

what fork of 'top' is that?

its a waste of space if you're trying to be productive

this, too bad it isnt being worked on anymore though

I prefer dwm's master/stack system to navigating windows in i3. I3 is probably better if you need to split a lot of windows up on a single screen but I never have more than 3-4 to a workspace.

>i3 users
>being productive
lmao i3 is to take screenshots to post on reddit not be productive

have sex

what's the best cli program for volume keybinds? light works well for brightness

pactl for pulseaudio
amixer for alsa

thanks

Also, amixer comes in the alsa-utils package in most distros. pactl comes with the pulseaudio package

much appreciated user

yes, you shouldn't use computer if you can't even figure this out

yes

>installs minimalist wm
>adds cpu mem and other faggy extras bc not spicy enough

you ricers should start a company selling these themes. they look very nice but I'd rather pay than waste my life trying to make them myself.

Prefer dwm however fullscreen issues for games make me use i3 on my gaming rig

Why would anyone use dwm when xmonad is better in every way?

Better than your poopy looking default config, pleb

Because they are somehow under the false assumption that written in C = better.
Not to mention spectrewm's repo, which has the guts to make inane comments on xmonad such as "crippled by not being written in C".
If anything, xmonad is easier to configure and extend precisely because it's written in a language with proper module support. It's dwm which is crippled BY being written in C, having to rely on state-of-the-1980s patching mechanisms.
It's a shame, because the wm itself is not bad at all. But xmonad effectively supersedes it.

Attached: 1543565537254.png (1098x1126, 492K)

use `smart_gaps on`

Ok Federico

Ayymd poos btfo once again. i3 has better IPC than poomd flagship. Lol. Intel still king.

awesomewm, the only sane choice.

bspwm is the best tiling wm

gotop i think

They're scared of Haskell

gotop