Fuck the notch, it would've been a great phone, but ugh it tempers with my OCD

Fuck the notch, it would've been a great phone, but ugh it tempers with my OCD.

>has 3.5mm jack.
>good specs

What phones that are really good to buy for now?

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-S10.jpg (1200x700, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/limboemu/limbo/wiki/Downloads
youtube.com/watch?v=g_xRNvluYxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dINtux4BP_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S9

OP7

Might be obsolete faster than the current gens, I'd stay out.

not available in my country :(

also no 3.5mm jack though.

Attached: day_of_the_train.png (2109x968, 65K)

>not available in my country :(
Lol just move to a non-shithole country :^)

The notification area is screen area. Immersion mode.

Even if you hide the notification bar in immersive mode, that means at most you'll have just as much screen real estate as every app on a notch phone without requiring specific support for a feature :^)

>t. samshit shill

> not using full screen apps.

the OP7 is only available in shithole countries, retard. The OP7 pro is for the first world.

Even if you do, the notch is at worst equal screen real estate to a bezel phone. At best, it has more screen real estate with apps that dont use immersive mode.

do this faggot

Attached: galaxy-s10-black-bar-notch.jpg (1600x900, 368K)

so much for flagship killer, it's priced like any other flagship now. pffft

you forgot
>curved display
huhg, when will it stop?

ye I know, but we saw that coming since the OP3 or so. They upped the price year by year on purpose. Are there any other good alternatives for something like OOS? I really like it for it's customizabilty of the status bar and little bloat.

>puts notification bar underneath notch now
HAHAHAHAHA

Bad points for curved display, replacing it cost up to 300USD.

Gpixel I guess.

ye nah, fuck Google as much as possible desu.

i don't mind the notch because i'm not a gigantic faggot who fixates his gaze on the top bar of a smartphone
seethe

>Samsung S5
>New battery
>Lineage 16
>F Droid
>No Gapps
Comfiest (and cheapest) phone I've ever had
I think I need to update the firmware though, it seems to struggle with data connection sometimes

Attached: 1561301098138.png (409x409, 181K)

>S5
> Need to update firmware

dude just throw that phone into the trash can

Attached: what_year_is_it.jpg (480x360, 70K)

No u

Attached: 1561294771903.jpg (1053x671, 84K)

>puts notification bar underneath notch now
>HAHAHAHAHA
Well, where else is gonna put it? Above the notch hovering in mid air?

Thats the most retarded thing ive ever seen

LG V30

No, next to the camera where its suplosed to be

Just get a mi mix 3.

ew fuck xiaomi, fuck huawei. they could get pull off androids anytime soon.

this

and? There are multiple alternatives to google playstore and apps.

Is the V30 worth it over the V20? My main gripe is no removable battery

generally here we use Whatsapp and Telegram to communicate

>but ugh
cringe

Attached: galaxy-s10_design_amoled[1].jpg (1100x800, 99K)

I wanted to get a note10 but they really fucked that by PILLing it and removing the headphone jack fuck.
Literally only good thing about samshit was they were a quality flagship that didn't go full retard copying stupid apple trends, why the fuck did they give in.

>Might be obsolete faster than the current gens, I'd stay out.

Brilliant analysis there captain smartpants.

He worded that brilliantly for brainlets, you have to give him that.

n my g8 the notification bar fills the the area that you black out.. doesn't get bumped down.

Take a look at the Asus Zenfone 6. High end specs, has a headphone jack & sdcard slot, no notch, but instead a flip up camera, and is $500.

Attached: Asus-Zenfone-6-camera-side-angle-1340x754.jpg (1340x754, 66K)

>Asus Zenfone 6
Lol no
Asus has that cancerous skin on everything they release.

hahahahahha ASUS.

How's your UI doing? LMAO

Is it REALLY that bad even today? The specs for the price look fucking based imho and you get no notch and a 3.5mm headphone jack along with even a fucking mSD slot.

Attached: aN7K4Do7_700w_0.jpg (500x374, 35K)

Ex Asus Zenfone 2 User here.

> crazy specs, doesn't mean good UI or optimization.

Asus on paper is really good imo, but user experience is total shit. Camera is bad, Interface is bloated with a whole lot of shit that I don't use, they even force users to sign up and login for shit that's already on Android in the first place.

I ain't going back to that hell, doesn't matter what spec it is. As long as they don't refresh that UI with a proper UI like OSS, nope.

So how does your experience with a 2015 phone reflect what someone should expect with a 2019 phone? AFAIK asus took a huge loss (and intel too) from those phones and was the purported reason they were filled to the brim with bloatware.

btw did you every try to run windows through KVM? Seeing how it was x86 there would have been little performance penalty and you would have been able to run multiple CPU cores.

github.com/limboemu/limbo/wiki/Downloads

>he doesn't flash lineageos on bootloader unlocked phones
What are you a 25 year old mom?
Don't listen to that fag. He probably plays 'games' on his phone
I have a 2014 lg g3 running smoothly ever since i got it in 2015
2 extra battery for that power user battery swapping anywhere you go
Sharp edges, micro sd, headphone jack, no notch , 1440p
Litteraly no reason to upgrade unless for 'muh gayms'
You litterally need to be 15 to enjoy playing anything on a phone

Attached: maxresdefault_3.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

Then no
Aurora store to avoid having a google account on your phone
F-droid to use free and open source apps convieniently

I am looking for something I could really last for another 3 years or so, or until the manufacturer decides that it's obsolete. Taking a bet on a phone isn't really what I'll do, like what if the phone really turns out to be not much improvement from 2015 to 2019. The hassle to go through the whole phone searching again. nah m8

I work on the phone a lot, therefore I demand on stability and smooth flow a lot. It's not that old phones aren't great, but rather it gets sluggish after a year or two where apps become heavier for the processors to deal with.

Currently rocking a Huawei P10, bit of wear and tear, but yeah. Signs of slow systems are coming.

could be great but lacks wireless charging

are there any phones that includes wireless charging in the box?

You're tarded m8, everything about that phone is maxed out hardware wise. It would take a LOT of bloat to slow that thing down.

i meant it can't charge wirelessly. my galaxy s7 came with a wireless charger as a gift tho

Just be honest. How rich are you ? Or you're a grill.

Attached: 1494749779343.jpg (213x255, 8K)

yeah that's when the UI optimization comes in. What's the point of having a maxed out hardware, but optimization is shit and the whole system doesn't feel like it's worth the hardware?

oh yeah. not bad though honestly, the S10+ had a promo of free TWS buds and the smartwatch thingy for pre orders.

phones aren't really that expensive for a thing that you use everyday.

pixel 3a

I'm talking about wireless charging. I would feel spoiled to own one, it's the ultimate gimmick.

Pixel 4 is coming out in a few months though.

Well, he got it for free, so why the heck not.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 8K)

4 will have a notch and no headphone jack.

Oneplus phones would win in that regard but too bad they lack extremely basic features like a fucking mSD slot. 1TB 200MB/s mSD cards are probably going to be attained for like $100 in a year or two.

Anyway the difference can't be THAT bad. Even samshit KNOWN to still touchjizz was able to outperform a fucking iPhone XS MAX with the latest iOS update just by using the snap dragon 855 so asus would have to somehow be WORSE than samshit which seems unreasonably unlikely to me desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_xRNvluYxQ

fuck

OnePlus still creates the best phone, period.

If you want a quality phone for it's price, get the OP7 Pro.

>wireless charging involves wires in the first place
>only difference is you don't have to plug your phone in directly to charge it
>oh shit I can't do that, that's too much, fuck a total dealbreaker
I hate cunts like these. Just fuck off with your gay zoomer shit

this

OnePlus has 256gb phones, for 99.9% people that's a ton. I don't need more than ~100 odd gigs on my phone. Only purebred autists who sling a thousand flac albums and remux movies need more space than 256gb.

who watches movies on a phone anyways.

i do only have flacs on my phone tho but I do not complain about space. I have 64gigs and that's totally fine, even when only having flac on it

*picks up phone without messing without having to unplug tiny usb port*
nothing personnel, poorfag

but seriously, at that price point wireless charging should be a given

I really don't understand, WHY did oneplus axe the mSD slot after the oneplus X. They make the best Android experience but I can never get myself to buy their phones because the the lacking mSD slot.

I'm not even a fucking weeb, I just like to watch 4K movies and record 4K videos. Unless cameras magically start to record 4:4:4 and blu rays magically encode 4:4:4 and everything can magically play 4:4:4 I'm not changing my ways.

What if you want to record 4K video? Remember 4K video these days is actually 1080p video because of the whole chroma sub sampling thing.

Attached: Untitled.png (1074x595, 314K)

Some fuck on Jow Forums told me he needs 2tb on his phone fucking lol said he has 5000 albums or something
don't worry, OnePlus didn't have dual stereo speakers until the 7. I am sure they will have wireless charging and other things with newer models
>headphone jack
>MicroSD slot
these things are going the way of the removable battery, there's no changing that unfortunately. Apple's to blame, probably.

How much space do you need to record 4k vids?
And also
>watching 4k movies on a phone
you total clod.

Then I'm glad asus is making a stance against this fucking tripe. Hopefully a stable lineage OS release is made so I can move on from my aging.

What about the s10e?
>no curved screen
>headphone jack
>Sd card
>non retarded fingerprint sensor placement
>reasonable size
>reasonable price (~500/550)

Then again the note 9 can be found in the same price range

64Mbps so that works out to about 500MB/minute or 30GB/hour. I have around 10 hours of footage.

Also I personally find watching a 4K movie in half resolution on my V20 to be very enjoyable especially in a VR headset. The luma gets supersampled and the Chroma is displayed at 100% native resolution so I get perfect colors AND sharper image quality without the usual artifacts you get from sharpening upscaled chroma. It's really nice and almost like going to an iMAX theater especially with a pair of good headphones like I have.

Attached: bitrate.jpg (576x1024, 124K)

I'd realyl like to buy an S10e but it's just too expensive for my liking.
What would be its cheaper alternative?
>less than 400€
>less than 150mm tall
>shoots video in 1080p60

Attached: samsung-galaxy-s10e-1.jpg (710x616, 71K)

I'm a poorfag so I never had a modern smartphone with these rounded display corners, but wouldn't they harm the viewing experience? It also triggers my autism because it seems nonsensical and with no real benefit.

Attached: file.png (86x59, 8K)

>I'm a poorfag so I never had a modern smartphone with these rounded display corners
me too thanks
>but wouldn't they harm the viewing experience?
usually nothing important happens in the corners so you just ignore it
>it seems nonsensical and with no real benefit.
it is

ooh sounds fancy

OnePlus 7.
>157mm
just live with the extra 7mm. Won't make any practical difference.

Mi 9 SE

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14 Samsung Galaxy S10e vs Xiaomi Mi 9 SE - Visual phone size compare.png (860x628, 598K)

I've actually stopped going to the movies ever since I got my setup nice and comfy with a lazyboi armrest chair to go along with it. At times you can really get sucked into the action you forget you're wearing a VR headset.

Actually that reminds me, just for kicks I once encoded a part of the movie Saw VI where the guy standing on a block of ice gets his head crushed by 2 blocks of ice adjacent to him BUT interpolated to 60 FPS. I'm never doing that shit again, way too realistic.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Whoops, meant Saw IV. God damned, that really got my juices flowing.

youtube.com/watch?v=dINtux4BP_U

Attached: Y50P0vt.webm (439x371, 203K)

Man, this ice bucket challenge thing is getting out of hand.

Why aren't more manufacturers working on a screen for the back of phone for selfie fags?

Because the zenfone 6 exists and solved the problem without the need for a second screen. As a bonus you also get more privacy since there is no front facing camera permanently soldered in the front of the phone.

Attached: asus-zenfone-6.jpg.optimal.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

>oneplus 7
>under 150mm
>under 400€

Attached: 1511980851777.jpg (762x464, 110K)

How about you look for some meaning in your life instead of filling your pathetic existence with mindless consumerism?

inb4 sheepl WOKE

Seriously.

Attached: small jew gets interrupted at transaction.gif (200x360, 3.96M)

The S5 was the last comfy phone I ever used. Nice to hold with the plastic back and durable (dropped it many times no problem). Now all modern phones are glass and holy shit how do people tolerate this? It's so uncomfortable to hold and It's slippery and you need to put a bulky ass case on it to prevent it from breaking. It's complete cancer. I wish they'd make a modern phone with the S5 body.

Because everything smartphone is now shit and I would honestly rather stay on my V20 until I die. We're just trying to find the silver lining in all this and aren't african poor.

Non selfie fags still use it for face calls. No need to be a AW to have a use for it

>tfw
>using galaxy note 3 since 2014
>bought galaxy tab s3 in 2018 to draw shitty cartoons on it
>same camera quality
>almost same spen experience but bigger screen
>everything else feels same and no improvement whatsoever
Kit-kat is slowly dying with some of new apps crashing, but it's still usable tho. Hope my note 3 is gon last for 5 more years.

fpbp
/thread

Attached: 1548467059098.gif (494x740, 2.46M)

>not just making the notification bar black
kys retard

you'll be shitting your pants if the front camera starts beaming up by itself.

It's actually really fucking convenient even for relative poorfags

Why do people who've very clearly never used a certain thing hate it so much? You're the same retards who hate large phones but could never afford one anyways.

beside the notch niggo

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14-12-21-35.png (1440x3120, 458K)