Kuroba discussion thread

13Chag is no longer, Kuroba 4.4.3 is out:
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/releases

Changes:
Read the GitHub

Attached: new_icon_512.png (512x512, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/183
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/523
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/193
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/83
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/commit/a500fdbbf4d30b0f92b6043584e486db905f63a7
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/183
ufile.io/q1dzxts4
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/198
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/117
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/pull/118
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The meme master apk. Fuck clover, not enough emojis and memes. Upgrade to kuroba unless you're square...

Are you 40 years old

χoom χoom

Attached: 1540392422170.jpg (220x229, 19K)

Literally unusable

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-023841.jpg (1439x1026, 150K)

Can I change the time format? I'm not a burger, I hate the am/pm shit.

too much edgy, i'm just a farmer.

Attached: 1526843305859.jpg (234x215, 9K)

you mean in here?

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-115611.png (1312x2560, 276K)

Wake me up when i can save to SD

No, on the replies.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14-18-59-45-375_com.github.adamantcheese.chan.jpg (720x323, 42K)

Anyone else gets this weird bug where I cant get the copy/paste menu in the app? The only way to get it to appear again is to close the app and clear it from ram than open it again. It also happened in Clover.
I thought it was my phone but I got a new phone recently and this still happens to me.

this version is actually good
>t. downgraded from 13chag to 4.4.1 and updated back to 4.4.3

>settings>appearance>show the full date on posts

that is probably decided by your phone's language
if it's set to english (us) then you get amerishart time
set it to english uk or whatever else

It's an old bug, maybe Adamant should take a look at it
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/183
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/523

>Scrollbar doesn't go all the way to the top or bottom

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-132137.jpg (1080x2280, 656K)

I'm back to dashchan
AMA

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-192311.jpg (1080x1920, 397K)

FIX THE POST ALIGNMENT

Why are you an attention whore?

Dear friend, scrollbar now starts from the center. The more posts a thread has, the farther it reaches.

I refuse to buy a new phone for this app alone since my current one works perfectly and Clover is good enough.

will be fixed in the next Kuroba release:
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/193

I want to flex the scrollbars, the transparent status bar, and the share to dashchan

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-193437.png (1080x1920, 271K)

Buggiest piece of shit I've ever used. I'm going back to clover.

I like Kuroba more

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-125630.jpg (1439x2709, 781K)

Never owned an amd gpu before?

sell me on that shit

>he doesnt use Omnichan
Sad!

Abandoned since last year
Still better features than any other Chan app

Please fix the replies in the neon theme, they have a light background that's hard to read after this recent update.
I switched to Tomorrow as it doesn't have this problem.

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-144352.jpg (720x1280, 244K)

Dashchan is fuckin based. Despite being abandoned for almost a year, it still works better than any other client out there. It also had these neat image re-encoding features way before Kuroba. And Youtube links previews.
But every time I try to use it, I just get frustrated with its navigation. Overchan has vertical tabs. Clover has bookmarks. Dashchan has both of those, but it's not as handy as in former two. I always bookmark threads for reading them later, so this is important part. Also its catalog grid is retarded, text just doesn't fit in it. I can't even figure out what thread is about. Clover did it better.
Overall, I think Dashchan is the most reliable and stable client out there, dev definitely knew what he was doing. I would recommend to fork it instead of a bugfest that is Clover. But its interface is a total mess in terms of usability. Clover and Overchan did it better.

Does it work for 4channel or are the urls still Jow Forums?

it works for 4channel

Nope, it doesn't. It registers 4channel.org boards as Jow Forums.org boards. (I can't post on on Jow Forums with my home ISP, 4channel works).

It's already set that way.

Change it...

I turn the open pages off, and put the bookmarks on top, and it works really well
Autouodate every 15 seconds
In the catalog, pressing the little bar let's you see the last posts and the OP in an overlay
It's fucking glorious, and plugin based

Then it gives me "xx minutes ago".

> I turn the open pages off, and put the bookmarks on top, and it works really well
Hm, yes, it's passable. However would be better if "add to favorites" option was moved to the top bar, like in Clover.
> In the catalog, pressing the little bar let's you see the last posts and the OP in an overlay
Yeah, having a preview without opening a thread is nice, that's the feature I miss in Clover btw.
Also just found out that all this my font size was set to 115 and catalog is not that bad with the original font size.
> It's fucking glorious, and plugin based
Yeah, I also like it's plugin-based system. Just add what you need, no bloat for other imageboards is pre-installed.

The thing I like the most is adding a board to favorites the same as a thread
I don't miss the button you are referring to, but just because is add to bookmark on reply
The thing I don't like: the watcher does not differentiate closed threads from dead threads
Also, share to dashchan is the feature none other has

>Transparent status bar

Attached: disgusting.jpg (680x680, 85K)

>share to dashchan
Only used it for forwarding chan links, didn't know it can add images to the post.
Here's another hidden feature: if you select several posts, you can save them as one threadshot.

Attached: threadshot-1561440855197.png (1080x1125, 169K)

It's gorgeous because it only becomes transparent on scroll down

Neat
I didn't know that one
Share to dashchan is fantastic, and mandatory if you use Google photos because the file selector they have is pretty much just the whole timeline so finding something specific is a nightmare

Attached: threadshot-1563135842697.png (1080x565, 103K)

You don't have to quit the app. To unfuck the menu thing you can
>open a different thread, reopen the one you were in
Or (sometimes works)
>quote a different post, then try to select
Or (also sometimes works)
>open a reply chain menu and hit a post there (except the post you want to open the menu in), then try to select

Fuck. Dashchan is so perfect. You notice .webm with sound no longer work?

Is it fixed yet?

Dunno, works for me

It works for me. Check there's an option to mute sound webms by default
Check that you have the webm apk, too

yes

If dashchan had clovers UI it would almost be perfect.
I'm still waiting for any Jow Forums app to have filtering as good as in 4chanx. I want to be able to filter threads to the top

It also looks like the Fastscroller (ability to scrub the scroll bar) will be removed.

Then fucking fork it.
Oh, right, you're a phone poster, you can only consume.

And whine. Literally an instagram thot tier uselessness. Jow Forums is fucking lost.

Προσοχή

Attached: 1548213001387.jpg (2000x2152, 620K)

Dot menu > search used to autoopen keyboard for me but now (past few versions too) I just have blinking cursor at search input field but keyboard doesn't open automatically, have to tap field for it to pop up. Does it depend on keyboard? I think I had another one earlier, gboard now, if it autoopens for you what keyboard do you have?

Why are posts so ugly now? Everything seems to be out of place.

ADAMANTCHEESE !!!

I'm not sure I like the way the text is warped around images. Please give me a toggle to chose how I want the text displayed.

Otherwise it looks good sofar, coming from 4.4.1. Good job cutie

Oh and also add the swipe features again. They were faster. When I tap an image to close it there is a significant delay

>swipe is faster than tapping
what did he mean by this

>>swipe is faster than tapping
>what did he mean by this
To close an image, you need to tap it. Once you tap it it feels like Koruba is waiting for another input and doesn't close the image right away. Swiping didn't have that problem. It's also more reliable for me and I got used to it.
No reason to remove a feature

Looks like it was fixed in a previous version but now it is broken again:
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/83

AdamantCheese is a fucking retard.

It was just an experiment and was breaking other stuff. That's why he removed it. And because he's incompetent as well.

>he blocked me for creating a pull request called "Suicide"
lmao

Well that was quick:
>Fix search not appearing
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/commit/a500fdbbf4d30b0f92b6043584e486db905f63a7

He seems to be /adamant/ about not making this ugly formatting optional. Guess I'll just stick to a previous version.
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/183

Right.
Time to downgrade

The new post formatting makes sense on longer posts, it just needs some tweaking

Attached: 48001142-5d8c4400-e110-11e8-9840-460995d8ecbf.jpg (1492x1389, 442K)

Is that faggot really not going to include an apk file for the older versions? I was wrong about him, what a useless hack

Dev, can you please implement option to have replies to you colored.
Also an option to scroll through the replies in a certain thread?

Like pic related for example, it's a short post so it fits fine next to the thumbnail in Clover, but because it's 3 lines Kuroba moves the text below the thumbnail, so the post actually ends up taking more space than before.

Attached: 1563147423500.jpg (3416x1920, 1.11M)

Someone tell cheesy he could stop trashing the cookie on each captcha, so that it lets you skip some of them the same as in chrome
Read Chan does this, opening the captcha in a chrome view thing, so it hardly asks to be resolved, thanks to the cookie

Ugly as fuck. Right is literal perfection. This should be optional tho

He's removing them now for some dumb reason, but here's 4.4.1:
ufile.io/q1dzxts4

If someone has 4.4.0 and 4.3.3, upload please.

That big empty column below the thumbnail on the right image is objectively shit design tho, there's no reason to not have the post text take the full width.

For you, maybe. It looks good for me as it always did. It was one of the reasons that made me stick with Clover instead of Dashchan back in Floens days. Text should always begin on the right side of a thumb no matter what, I wouldn't care if he was breaking text under the thumbnail area like it works on browser, but he isn't and everything ends up looking like shit.

great, now it's crashing every time with prefetch enabled

For me it crashes when I enter gallery mode when there's lots of images.
No prefetch enabled tho.

Same here.

Clover still works fine.

What the fuck? Why does the gallery mode now higher quality thumbnails? It's slowing shit down. Try the following:

1. Go to /vg/
2. Open any thread with lots of replies
3. Immediately open the gallery view and tap any image to zoom in

The image previews will load much slower than usual, zooming into the image takes ages and scrolling up and down the gallery view causes lag.

>works on every gallery app without issues
>cheese can't figure how to make it work properly
bravo

The long gone Clover bug is back guys

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-213215.png (720x1280, 474K)

I left an issue about it.
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/198

>posts are darker when you press this button
what the fuck is that shit, it should be brighter if anything

Attached: 1reply.png (103x54, 1K)

>Also, the thumbnails appear to be much better quality than before, so maybe this has something to do with it?
Of course it has, but gallery apps do this every day without issues so it's not even an excuse.

>Why does the gallery mode now higher quality thumbnails
Yeah, isn't high quality thumbnails supposed to be enabled only when media prefetching is?
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/117

YOU DUMB FUCKING NIGGER

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-15-03-48-34-596_com.brave.browser.jpg (1200x664, 193K)

That's retarded. Even more retarded now that it doesn't work.

This.

Same here. Doesn't this fag test his new "features" before pushing a release? Fuck.

yeah, prefetch is extra broken

He keeps shitting on the app, nice.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae proin sagittis. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc. Nulla porttitor massa id neque aliquam vestibulum morbi blandit cursus. Nibh tortor id aliquet lectus proin nibh. Scelerisque varius morbi enim nunc faucibus a pellentesque sit amet. Molestie ac feugiat sed lectus vestibulum. Dolor purus non enim praesent elementum facilisis leo. Dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit. A lacus vestibulum sed arcu non. Convallis convallis tellus id interdum velit laoreet id.

Ridiculus mus mauris vitae ultricies leo. Eget est lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing. Enim praesent elementum facilisis leo vel fringilla est ullamcorper. Massa id neque aliquam vestibulum morbi blandit cursus risus at. Ullamcorper morbi tincidunt ornare massa eget egestas purus viverra accumsan. Volutpat lacus laoreet non curabitur gravida arcu. Ut placerat orci nulla pellentesque. Molestie at elementum eu facilisis sed odio morbi quis. Porta lorem mollis aliquam ut porttitor leo a. Luctus accumsan tortor posuere ac ut. Id leo in vitae turpis massa sed. Gravida quis blandit turpis cursus in hac. Netus et malesuada fames ac. Non curabitur gravida arcu ac tortor dignissim convallis aenean. Est lorem ipsum dolor sit. Diam quis enim lobortis scelerisque fermentum dui faucibus in ornare. Quis hendrerit dolor magna eget est lorem ipsum. Aenean euismod elementum nisi quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae. Cursus vitae congue mauris rhoncus. Aliquet nec ullamcorper sit amet risus nullam eget felis eget.

Attached: Task failed sucessfully.png (191x126, 19K)

CHEEEEEEEEESE
PUSH AN UPDATE SO I CAN USE THE GALLERY MODE

WHAT
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/pull/118

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-225916.png (720x1280, 108K)

Test

Attached: 1563156202840.jpg (1416x1416, 204K)

>works for almost a month on a feature everybody was asking for
>says it's complete, ready to merge
>I won't merge, fuck you lol
okay, now K1rakishou needs to fork this shit. Dickcheese has gone too far.

Good riddance.

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-230522.png (720x1280, 76K)

Nice, thumbnail preview is now in hi res. Glad you listened to my request

Attached: 1563156351210.jpg (1440x3040, 592K)

S