MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

>MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Objectively the best motherboard for 3600/3700x.

This or the tomahawk, but it's out of stock everywhere.

Attached: bendover.jpg (447x500, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zuyuS04lD4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>MSI

>MSI

>MSI is launching MAX versions of their B450 and X470 boards because they botched the BIOS flash rom

Yes msi, the best motherboard manufacturer for last gen amd motherboards. Sure they made shit in the past but so have all manufacturers

Literally the best b450 boards, you brand whoring bugmen.

>GAMING!
>PRO!
>CARBON!
>RGB!
I'll pass

>msi

>best
That was ASRock, or arguably Asus.

it's gonna sit inside your case, if RGB annoys you just turn it off. Doesn't matter what's on the label, what matters is that it ticks all the right boxes at the lowest price.

There's a lot of precedent for MSI being crap with BIOSes, up until more recently they didn't support voltage offsets which made them kinda crap for PBO overclocking. That and their B350/X370 boards were absolute trash. Hell, even their AM3+ boards had VRMs that would explode.

Asus Prime B-450 is better.

utterly shit VRM

>ordered last B450 Tomahawk for my 3700X build
>apparently MSI fucked up the new bios and it's 50/50 if it's gonna work

Attached: 1545931312982.png (787x600, 388K)

>apparently

Attached: 1528628090018.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

I'm going for the x470 MAX version for the 8 sata ports

>Asus Prime B-450

Attached: 2019-07-14_20-25-52.png (225x223, 49K)

The carbon and the tomahawk are in terrible states you cretin

Attached: 58am663beh931.png (1140x5042, 764K)

I just got this, but apparently they're dropping support for future cpu's cause the bios is too small.

Taichi had better vrm, more features and costs the same as your PRO CARBON ASSFUCK GAYMER crap.

>bought this board on newegg after fucking everyone recommended it.
>now hearing about widespread issues with it not working with zen 2 that no reviewer mentioned
tell me it's going to be ok please

>MSI
>GAMING
>PRO
>the best
No.

>Intcels complaining about MUH GUI, in a UEFI Menu.

This is ridiculous. The lite bioses are still serviceable and complaints about the UEFI menu looking like a 2000's era BIOS menu should be sent back to /v/.

WE'RE IN FUCKING Jow Forums people, at least have the decency to pretend you're fucking tech savvy.

Fuckin look at gigabyte, got a b450 with 2 m. 2 slots and looks 10 better then that shit

Objectively the best motherboards for 3000 are X570 boards which don't have gimped chipsets and gimped VRMs. My X570 board is rated to push 1000A across the board, and can handle 1500W through the chipset alone

>s-sorry goyim, I mean loyal customer, please buy our newest motherboard with the cool fan instead of this one which we "accidentally" made faulty
intel fucks you while looking you in the eyes. amd just fucks you in the ass.

LAWSUIT, WHEN?

But the same MSI board with the X570 chipset is the best? If you count price too.

Who cares about temp.

are you retarded ? Taichi was heir top of the line mobo, it was 2x more expensive

aggressively avoiding the fan

the name is irrelevant. what matters is the build quality and the specs.

>how much did you pay for it
alot more
>are you using all the extra features
you are not
>chipset fan for pcie 4.0 that you aren't using
vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I mean the 3600 is gonna last a while, and by the time 6 cores isn't enough I could always scoop up a cheap 3900/3950x.

Best case scenario is they'll just update it like they did with it now, having only a lite bios.

>PCI-E that you aren't using

Why do Incels always project?

>wahh Intel doesn't support PCI-E 4.0 you don't need it!!!!
>wahhh no one uses their computer for anything besides games, you don't either!!!
>wahhh security isn't important to me, so stop larping!

Seething asrock shills lmao

Considering there's no working bios for it isn't technically even a mobo for Zen2 ATM.

Asscock boards are working as far as I know, why would they seethe?

can't be sure but it looks like it has a beefier vrm than my msi x570 board.

>X570
>A FUCKING CHIPSET FAN

>immediately goes for the intcel pasta
and i'm projecting, i'm OP asshat

doing """""WORK"""" on consumer hardware. uhuh. There's no fucking workload that wouldn't benefit from a cpu with more than 24 threads that profits from 5000mb/s compared to 3700mb/s storage.(pcie4.0 vs 3.0 speeds in case you're a brainlet)

What are you using it for? t. 3700x on a b450 master race

if you go on life support I hope in some way part of the system is powered by ASRock

Because it's asrock.

Maybe when they were released. The 470 taichi is cheaper than the 570 carbon and there 570 taichi is not much more than the 570 carbon. It's not worth the price.

keep seething. Asrock has historically been at the forefront of Motherboard compatibility. I remember being able to run DDR2 with a Northwood P4.

>liking asscock products
lmao

>can't read
you gotta be over 18 to post on Jow Forums anonlet

Attached: kid-facepalm.jpg (265x190, 7K)

>who cares about temp
oh nononono, you better have good house insurance.

Attached: flir-water-oc-blender.jpg (320x240, 20K)

>he needed 18 years to learn to read

And yet the x370 Taichi had several broken BIOS that they took months to update

Wait what? When is it going to be fixed?

>ASRock

Attached: Capture.png (889x529, 74K)

>ask Jow Forums about good b450 motherboard for ryzen 3600
>HURR MSI IS SHIT
>HURR ASUS IS SHIT
>HURR ASROCK IS SHIT
>HURR GIGABYTE IS SHIT

WELL WHICH ONE IS NOT SHIT YOU FUCKING NIGGERS?! WHICH ONE DO YOU EVEN USE IF ALL OF THESE ARE SHIT!?!

Attached: tenor.gif (220x123, 249K)

i see reading comprehension is a problem too.

youtu.be/zuyuS04lD4o

MSI is the king of b450. get a tomahawk if you find one if not a pro carbon ac

>taking advice from someone who spreads thermal paste with a q-tip
>A FUCKING Q-TIP

Attached: 1563130215667.png (1287x740, 666K)

I just don't want to have to flash the board. What would be the easiest brain dead pick?

It's not thermal paste it's liquid metal asshat, you want the thinnest layer.

this. the BIOS issues are way too overblown. the MAX versions only provide a fancier GUI for the board.

Why are so many people having issues to begin with?

>Only MSI offered bios update option w/o CPU installed for poorfag-tier boards.
What the hell, i don't want to buy any of that rgb pro gaymen carbon ac killerinternet non-sense.

Attached: 1540721570455.png (365x384, 115K)

>killerinternet
oops, you may have not checked specs before posting.

Then you put a dab in the middle and let the heatsink squish it.

Using a q tip is just gonna make it uneven as fuck which means lots of air bubbles.

Not if you do it properly

This is the worst possible way to do it especially with the zen 2 core not being in the center. The best and the most likely successful way is to spread as thin a layer of paste as possible evenly on the heatspreader with a plastic card of some sort.

>Then you put a dab in the middle and let the heatsink squish it.
No you don't if it's liquid metal fucking retard
>air bubbles
jesus christ what kind of monkey am I even talking to

Are you running a open test-bench? I purposefully add fans on my VRMs that are smaller and run faster than the chipset fan on the X570 boards and they are literally inaudible.

Lmao enjoy your vrm cooking itself at stock speeds

The bios is weird, it essentially doesn't work until it does.

I am now even seeing people say that they got it working. played games for a few hours. shut the pc down, then it wont turn back on. then they reboot it until it finally starts again.
this is pretty worrying.

My experience was that when I finished the build it wouldn't post at all.
Then a few hours later I tried again and it got into the BIOS. I enabled XMP and after that every time it would boot into windows just fine.

what motherboard are you on?

The same one in the OP

Attached: db38450c5b6402df47ed42e2ee481fd0.png (342x451, 22K)

is everything fine now at least?
that is the one i've ordered.

I see my Asus prime x470 pro was a good choice.

Attached: 1554021675247.jpg (470x345, 41K)

Haven't had any problems after it booted into Windows for the first time.
Before that it seemed to randomly either fail to post or boot but crash after the bios boot screen. For some reason going into bios and enabling XMP caused it to boot into windows without issues afterwards.

ok, thanks i'll remember that.
sweating bullets when I was choosing between this and a x570 for the same price.

>jesus christ what kind of monkey am I even talking to
It's basic physics. On an uneven surface air will have no means to escape when the heatsink is put on. Thus air will be trapped between the heatsink and cpu, creating spots of very bad thermal transfer.

Does the C6H support the 3900x yet?

I have an ASRock b450m Pro4 and went to an MSI b450m gaming pro whatever the fuck and god damn it was night and day, the MSI build quality, bios, and VRMs are fucking miles better than anything in the price range.

Mortar

>i know better than professional benchmarkers
>everyone is telling me i'm wrong. can i be wrong?
>NO NEVER

Tfw I have it

Attached: 1497977650194.jpg (720x960, 70K)

This entire thread is why I'm apprehensive on pulling the trigger on a new cpu/mobo. The bios situation across the board seems like a clusterfuck, and I think I'm just going to wait and see how things settle. Too many question marks right now.

Reminder that "black" is a color you can set RGB to, and it makes it look the same as if you don't have RGB.

AMD always fucks up launches. Apparently the CPUs are fucking up NVME drives and corrupting files now because of the PCI-E 4.0 controller being incompatible with PCI-E 3.0 devices like 99% of anything that uses PCI-E right now. It's fucking hilarious because all the fanboys were quick to whip up some sort of conspiracy about how Nvidia cards were causing WHEA issues on purpose, but now it turns out it's a widespread issue traced back to Zen 2, even reproducible on x370/x470 boards

black isn't a color it is the absence of color

That and also I've been seeing people having problems with certain brands of ram on ryzens for whatever reason.
I'm still probably going to get a 3600, and fuck intel-aviv, but I'm just in no rush to get a new cpu and I'm fine waiting for this shit to smooth over.

If black isn't a color, why did we call black people colored?

it's more polite than to say 'nigger'

Biostar obviously, you nigger

Because of dumb white people. The smart white people should have culled their retards while they had the chance during the civil war before this entire "colored" thing spread too much. Eugenics through mass murder works well

Asus Pro WS X570-ACE

Where's my fucking POST code

they're all cheap chink shit. all they have to do is push the new AGESA firmware to their boards and they can't seem to do that properly.

This. My X299 board from this series has 8 RAM slots, 2 M.2 slots, 4 PCIe x16 slots, and a POST code display.

>msi + zen
Massive shit idiots
Enjoy your aids I'd rather stay with as rock at least their bioses and mobos work