Why is IT full of try hard idiots who work long days and weekends or contribute for free to open source projects or...

Why is IT full of try hard idiots who work long days and weekends or contribute for free to open source projects or going after hours to meetups and conferences.

Attached: IMG_20190106_173544.jpg (1448x2048, 519K)

>why do people have a passion for something I don't

Not everyone is in it for the profit. Some people just enjoy doing it and have a passion for it.

Attached: 1562876096792.gif (500x281, 343K)

Company pays for tickets and hotel for conferences and I go during work weeks.

I contribute to FOSS on the company dime too.

I work zero overtime, no weekends.

>what I give
My time and labor.
>what I receive
Money

Don't ask me to learn shit on my days off unless you're going to pay me for it.

Any attitude other than the above is just asking to be taken advantage of.

We'll they're retarded, whether you love it or not, get paid for your work. Make money for yourself, not your boss.

Based

t.has never worked

T. bunch of hopeless pragmatists that will be exploited by the C suite till the day they drop.

This sounds like a good way to ensure that you spend your days wishing for death because you're maintaining some 20-year-old CRUD web app for accounts payable instead of getting to do anything even remotely interesting.

>t. Only ever been a wage cuck.

>baaawww stop having a passion for your job, you're supposed to HATE it like meee

lol faggot. I get most my code done in two days of the spring listening to weeb core because its fun. People think I work hard but I'm really just fast at programming and slack off most of the time

i was told the opposite, that IT is for people who want to work remotely solely so they can do 10 hours of actual work per week

This pic was almost passable until that last bit.
>"diverse" "people"
>implying they contribute anything of value
>implying they don't only benefit by riding the coat tails of the few actually skilled people
Meritocracy should be the key factor in everything.

Is... is that you doc? I need something stronger...

>diversity means niggers, pajeets and women
Why does Jow Forums treat all words like some magical formulas that only have one meaning and it's never the meaning in dictionary?

Diversity means not making your team a band of boomers or hipsters who all agree with each other and keep doing the same shit over and over.
If you make a team out of boomers who think C is the best language ever, you'll get a team that never ever learns.
If you have a band of beard+glasses pythonistas, you'll need to fight them every time you ask them for interface specs.

>this shitfographic was made by taker, aka corporate gang
mmkay

I'll take programmers over faggots any day.

You're one of the latter

>you need diversity to create in-fighting
wat

in my experience most dont learn. in all the places i've been my improvement suggestions were always ignored.

that's why shit like cmake is still used.

>in my experience most dont learn.
Which country?
I may be a bit biased because in poland, programmers are the very best of the society, the intellectual elites.

israel

I've never seen IT company talking about diversity and not meaning minorities.

IT used to be a "nerd" job with only needing little social ability and evnetually employeers took advantage of it getting them to work more and more hours since they had family to tell them "you're being a retarded, stop working 50+ hours a week".