Just cleaned my G502, which has a metal mousewheel, but it was impossible to clean completely

Just cleaned my G502, which has a metal mousewheel, but it was impossible to clean completely.
Then I realised, it's not dirt, it's RUST.
What do?

Attached: ss (2019-07-14 at 20.46.25).png (532x415, 438K)

inb4 should have bought stainless steelseries

Attached: ss (2019-07-14 at 20.49.14).png (963x681, 1.13M)

>rust
Make sure your shots are still active

WD-40 that bitch of a wheel

Mine's an year old and it hasn't rusted or gone dirty, I just clean it with a toothbrush. How the hell did yours get rusted? I think it's just discoloration.

Take apart, get it out, use dremel and metal brush or other fitting abrasive to clean off the rust, wipe it off with motor lubrication oil using a qtip. Lubricate all moving parts while you're at it.
And WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS.

OP is brobably a disgusting slob and eats at his battlestation, scrolling the board using his filthy acidic fingers.

Mine hasn't ever rusted before. Maybe you just have really sweaty hands.

Otherwise, that's the one thing I dislike about the 502... it's a bitch to keep clean. So many small edges and crevices and bumps for grime to get stuck in. Otherwise it's a great mouse.

I just keep it as clean as I can, and once it gets too grimy and gross after like 2 years, I just get a new mouse.

Fuck
Don't have that, and wouldn't that just make it spin smoother?
Mine's older than that, and I have no idea how it happened.
The problem is, the rust spots feel like tiny spikes on your fingers. It's very unpleasant to touch. I tried really hard to remove it, but it's impossible to get off.
Here's a picture without flash, you can't see it here but in real life you can tell they're orange like rust
I wash my hands often and clean the mouse too (I just cleaned it when I noticed)

Attached: ss (2019-07-14 at 20.56.29).png (1118x872, 1.32M)

Just get the bloody thing sanded at your local hardware store. They'll buff it smooth, it'll be like it used to be. Or get the wheel replaced.

read my post more careful, user.
take it apart and use some fine sandpaper or a dremel to remove the rust, then apply oil.
while you're at it, you can do the same with all other metallic parts (you don't have to oil aluminum parts tho, just use a magnet to test the metal).

That doesn't look like rust but more likely a copper alloy/plating underneath the paint.

mines the same way, its disgusting but i dont look at it often

Not rust.
This most definitely is a cheap MIM part, but its not just chink iron or random pot metal. This thing has been electroplated in a few layers to achieve the desired finish. You're just seeing some of the layers wear away.

If it were really rust you could take it apart and leave it in vinegar for a while, but again, this definitely is not rust.

Rust sucks, go learn C.

This. I'd try the vinegar, or maybe some anti tarnish chemicals if you can get some.
Kek.

Rust doesn't form in that pattern. That looks more like the plastic being exposed after the metal coating had worn away. You're better off getting a new mouse.

i agree the color looks off for rust

Your sweat is too acidic.You should not rest your finger on the wheel.

>battlestation

~ rustup

>can't into literacy
go on ahead, user, they're waiting

cum on it

take wheel out and put in a a cup off coca cola or white vinegar, to remove the rust

you sure thats not paint coming off?

Don't be a bitch, listen to the guy and go buy some WD-40 to clean that sucker

Just do it into a bucket or so

use electrolysis or chemically do it with something like evaporust

Scrub the rust out with a steel wool and re-season it in the oven.

Same here, but I think it's just discoloration, not rust. Though my biggest issue it's that the rubbery thing on the sides degraded a lot, I wish they just used plastic there. Other than those two, I don't see any issue with the mouse, except that my next mouse will most likely be wireless, since the technology progressed so far.

Bro I've had my g502 for 5 or 6 years now, the rust on the wheel doesn't mean shit. Only nerds worry about cleaning their mouses.

Attached: 20190714_195138.jpg (3264x1836, 1.52M)

Here's another one. Rust does not ruin it's performance.

Attached: withflash.jpg (3264x1836, 1.81M)

where did you get the mousewheel cover?

That's not a mousewheel cover, that's rust
Okay OP you motivated me to clean mine

Attached: sweaty_napkins.jpg (3264x1836, 1.47M)

Attached: after_noflash.jpg (3264x1836, 1.33M)

Attached: after_flash.jpg (3264x1836, 1.69M)

oxalic acid and a wire brush will take that rust right off.

Do they have rubber replacement?

nvm, i found out you can use g900 rubber wheel on g502

Attached: qy7l2tr5xvaz.jpg (4032x3024, 914K)

Take it out
Put in glass of vinegar or wd 40 for 2 days
Dry off and clear coat

headlight polish will remove light oxidation on metal and make your plastics nice and shiny. takes paint off without harming the surface too so if you have something that is coated with like shit chrome paint, you can polish it off.

That's not rust.
That's embedded cheetoh dust.

Nothing new here, I'm on my 3rd wheel. It's mostly present with sweaty hands. Logitech have gone with a rubber wheel in their latest version.

where is my g9 refresh, loginiggers?

Just take it to your local auto mechanic and tell them you'd like to get your mouse wheel polished by a grinding wheel.

Your skin is acidic. It doesn't matter how much you wash your hands, your natural body fluids are corrosive.

Makes something like pic related on the G400s really absurd. A metal emblem right under your palm? Of course it's going to disintegrate after a few years of 8h+ daily use. Since I took this pic it started getting sharp edges and I had to remove the emblem completely. Now there's just a weird shitty pit in the plastic where it was inlaid that's a bitch to clean.

Attached: IMG_20180127_053452.jpg (1193x1422, 499K)