Just bought a 2080 ti. Ask me anything

Just bought a 2080 ti. Ask me anything

Attached: 1531781330597.jpg (2000x2000, 296K)

Why?

I was going to buy the 2070 super to sit on, but if I wait another month, I would have money to just buy the 2080 ti anyway. So future proofing myself by just throwing it on the credit card.

whered you get all that money from man

Do you mine crypto?

I dont live in commiefornia. So my salary actually lets me save money.

I'm thinking of getting a university degree.
I'm 33 now and am sick of working in advertisement (the kikery I have to deal with is soul-crushing).
What should I go for? Architecture, Engineering or something CS-related?

lucky man

i live in commiefornia actually so

actually like it here

Only go for something if it's both marketable and something you like. I took up engineering and have been happy ever since cause I love computers, programming, and building stuff. A lot of people don't have that kind of mind to weather those skills, so they stick to easier professions.

>Arcitecture and Engineering
If you like to play around with stuff, and actually practice your knowledge, then do this.

>CS
If you like to be a literal tech guru, that can memorize everyone by heart and wish to be the one directing a project, then do CS.

>threw it on the credit card
>save money
man you are completely fucked in the head man.

What was your old video card? Is it worth the jump?

Did so myself earlier in the month. Actually returned the first one though, as it would crash to a black screen.

When I got the replacement card, I did replace my power supply at the same time and it seems to be working now.

>A lot of people don't have that kind of mind to weather those skills, so they stick to easier professions.
>he thinks he isn't in a brainlet profession
desu the guy who picks up my trash probably has a better mind than someone who unironically buys a 2080ti right after the 5700XT released.
what's the point of a 2070 super when the 5700XT basically matches its performance (+-5%, win some lose some) for $100 less?
why would anyone buy a 2080ti for """future proofing""" when you know that better shit is coming out next year, and clearly you were okay with a 2070ti a minute ago?
what games are you even gonna play? what is your monitor setup? like it is just such a waste, I honestly feel bad for you OP. enjoy buyer's remorse as soon as the 3000 series launches.

How are you enjoying that DLSS?

what is the rumor on possible 3000 release?

>What did it cost ?

>Everything.

R9 390. And yes

Is it worth getting 2070 super oc?

i bought one back in december and i live in ca, overall id say it was definitely worth it; i finally have a pc that isnt straight ass. mine never has heating issues with just the fans alone, how is your fairing so far?

Do you suck dicks?

games take years to be made
real time raytracing wont be relevant until 2021 at the earliest
on top of that amd's implementation will get much more support due to xbox 1 scarlett and ps5
so rtx might be dead in the water OR have to be changed to fit the amd standard in which case current card is useless
or somehow RTX becomes the standard and AMD writes to it in which case current card is incredibly obsolete by the gtx 5080 super ti extreme mx440 gt.
regardless games look good enough without meme reflections dropping framerate by 50% or smudging blur smear all over the screen and calling it an anti-aliasing method
so congrats you bought a $1200 paperweight that is already only 10-15% ahead of a $400 card by a competing company and a $500 card from the same company (I hope your extra $700-800 was worth the maybe ~15%fps jump), and in a couple years, will be outclassed by $350 cards, and matched by $200 ones. also its feature set is worthless. go play mirror's edge with physx and tell me if that's worth $700 more than you had to pay. that's how you'll feel with CP2077.

How does it feel to be a poorfag?

>2080 ti is only 15% ahead 5700XT
Hello Lisa.

what is your dilation schedule?

Attached: dummy trophy.jpg (640x480, 37K)

have sex

>lol i'm so stupid that i buy everything new as soon as it comes out!
>consume, dont think!
retard

why are u gay?

You don't have the cash to buy it but you bought it anyway?

Some people don't need to worry about prices and just want whatever is the strongest at the time.
Waitfags are just poorfags in disguise.
>"p-please don't buy this expensive thing right now!! wait 4 years until you can find a cheap equivalent that won't actually give you the performance you want in games of that time!! please validate my small wallet, if i can't afford nice things it means that everyone who buys them is an idiot!!!"

I do. I currently have 0% apr on purchases so I can roll it over without paying it full. Just taking advantage of my benefits.

did your wife's boyfriend authorize the purchase?

Do you feel like you are in control of your life?

of course

Attached: 1559980785407.jpg (400x331, 124K)

you also buy iphones to yeet on poorfags too I bet

no way. iphones suck. 2080 ti is a good buy. I do wish it was cheaper but I shouldnt have to buy anything for ten years.

Do u use it to play games

FF14, WoW, and everything else at 4K.

nah you'll get the 4080ti++super and a 8k monitor with ur neetbucks plastic in 3 years

literally why would you get a 2080ti? It is literally stupid to get one for 1080p or 1440p, it barely does 4k at 60fps on high WITH MODERN GAMES. Plus it can barly do raytracing at 1080p. Unless you do VR and need extra horsepower theres literally no reason to get one.

Just to reiterate: Overkill for 1080p and 1440p. Can barley do ray-tracing at 1080p and 4k good at high settings.

Its not really a "quality product" considering its first generation raytracing, and the issues with binning and them dying all the time. And its certainly not futureproof, again first generation. I mean continue to make idiot remarks like hurr poor fag, but that doesn't change the fact that its a shitty product and you made a uneducated purchase.

And if you truly were not poor you would of gotten a quadro lol. Next time flex on reddit, you don't need to flex on anons ;)

I have a 1440p monitor. What the highest card you recommend?

def just a 2080 or whatever amds top card is(I dont keep up with amd but their cards are good and freesync is good). Will rape anything at 1440 max settings at 144hz.

a 2080ti is $300 - $400 more for really nothing practical. Honestly the 2080ti is great for actual work(rendering etc) and is worth it if you can't afford a Quadro, but for gaming a 2080ti is retarded.

The EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 08G-P4-2287-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX2 & RGB LED for $769 or MSI GeForce RTX 2080 DirectX 12 RTX 2080 VENTUS 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card for $629?

I personally would go EVGA, excellent customer support(my personal experience, obviously your mileage could vary)

The Evga one is more expensive because it has better cooling and leds,better overclocking :D

In the end a 2080 is a 2080, if you don't plan on overclocking and dont care about looks go with the cheaper one, else go evga.

How's it feel to use infancy level ray tracing for premium price?

>5700XT basically matches its performance (+-5%, win some lose some) for $100 less?
$300 less in Australia, Nvidia pricing here is wank.

Is it needful?