When will we reach limit of CPUs power? What will happen then?

When will we reach limit of CPUs power? What will happen then?

Attached: gm7kv4sg3qb01.jpg (938x1550, 101K)

nice digits m8

Graphene will be our savior.

bmup

uh, haven't we more or less hit the powerwall already? More cores, smaller lithography, instruction section extensions, more cooling, more efficient designs that create less waste heat per unit of computation, etc.

The simulation will reset

We start writing non shit code / switch to trinary.

Programmer will need to git gud and stop producing bloated messes.

by that time AI will do that for us

What the fuck happened to brandon frasier? He look's worse than the meme pics.

alimony

As says, we'll start writing faster code again. It's completely ludicrous that, despite my use cases being basically the same now as they were 10 years ago, my computer feels slower now than it did then. People need to stop acting like ms don't count.

Soon. It seems die shrinking much further results in so much inaccuracy that the extra gates needed to correct the additional errors results in a net loss. But as we know, Intel can resell the same product for many years. I guess 40 years.
Eventually we will make carbon-biology CPUs from the brains of human clones. They will be placed on boards in a similar fashion to tube amps.

we will never see biological computers becasue of leftists

We cross the event horizon

Multi cpu architecture is the future

you already reached
there now video cards with API, it not simple video signal generators, like in 1990s
you can google: asic semiconductor

longtime buddy
technically our brains should be the limit physically, but for non organic matter it should be couple times bigger, think neuromorphic but way more dense

more cores

Computers would simply have to become bigger again, that's the natural way forward.

god I hope so
I have so much free space around my desk and I want to fill it with tech

it's possible to scale performance with more memory.

multithreaded everything, none of the new ideas will work, we will be stuck with current limits forever, normies will have 2 cpu motherboards, workers will have 16 cpu motherboards. 512 cores and 1024 threads required for autochess games in VR. But its fine, people will stop playing games and just watch other people play games and make social media posts about products.A few large companies will consolidate the entertainment industry and re-use the same 3d models, the same renderings, over and over again for minimum viable product sequels to all games and movies. The government will play a bigger role in everyones life, with less independence and fewer choices. More intensive escapism and addictive consumerism. The simplest and easiest to achieve things today will be seen as huge accomplishments in the future, unattainable by most. Very few will have any understanding of how computers work, but they will be convinced they are an expert based off an internet live show recording they watched at triple speed.

Attached: 1535616492236.png (1920x1150, 129K)

Not sure if this is a joke or the other end of Poe's law

Exactly this. That's exactly what's wrong with Android lately. Google engineers got sloppy and expect that manufacturers will just compensate with raw power. >What? You have a 3 year old or older phone ?
>Lol. BTFO poorfag, no updates for you.

Attached: 1562988741975.jpg (593x767, 55K)