4.7 Ghz?

What can we possibly get from this processor?
As standard out of the box?

Attached: amd-ryzen-9-3950x-praesentation_6069712.jpg (617x347, 43K)

Well I never even seen 4.5ghz on my out of the box 3900x stock or oc, all these reviews are full of shit... Highest for split second I get is 4460mhz on single core on noctua D15S cooler Asus C8 Hero Mobo, it's hot as fucking oven, so my guess is 3950x will be even worse....

Threads = ripped

>everyone is LYING

Attached: ryzen_9_3900x_cinebench__r20_1t_mcepbooff-100800895-large.jpg (1199x693, 68K)

What kind of fan RPM and temperatures do you get? I was thinking of going for the 3900x with my D15.

Did you try all the bios versions and lock your IF settings to fix the underclock bug?

Also you put a single pea in the middle method for your thermal paste I bet

Exactly like every other SKU except more cores and a higher XFR frequency.
What would you expect to be different?

>all these reviews are full of shit
Aww poor newfriend fell for the corporate AMD shilling. Just ask yourself, how does some shitty small company with a market cap just a fraction from either Nvidia or Intel manage to fight on both fronts at the same time and keep producing products that "btfo" both of them every single time, all the while cheaper at that?

At least 4GHz on all cores and maybe that boost on single cores.

My 3800x does 4.65ghz boost on two cores and around 4.4 all core.

those bastards binned them to the max
desktop probably got all the fucking trash chip so TR will be crazy

jimkellercertifiedshitwrecker.gas

When did AMD last "btfo" Nvidia, exactly? Been a while, hasn't it?
As for Intel, it's their own damn fault that they've been selling us the same damn quad-cores, on way too many sockets, over and over again for almost a decade. They could have brought 6-8 cores to the mainstream ages ago, but chose to limit those to HEDT instead.

This. Look at how amazing the 2950x was compared to the 2700x. These new Threadripper parts won't have any of the issues WX parts had due to I/O die on everything. Imagine a 32-48 core monster that clocked extremely high (4.8-4.9GHz) on a few cores with an all core boost of 3.5-4GHz. Anyone that does heavy threaded work is going to cream itself when they come out, even moreso compared to when the 2950x hit.

Honestly, Navi looks like a really good product in my eyes even with the shit pricing. Nvidia won't be on 7nm until 2020 and by then AMD would have Navi 20 out. It pulls just about the same power as Turing and the performance out of that small die is extremely impressive.

Settings? I'm picking one up this month but I've never gone AMD before.

Who the fuck cares? Give me Threadripper already.

>Navi looks like a really good product in my eyes even with the shit pricing

How the fuck do you consider it a good product when it has the same performance and power usage as the Vega (a 2 year old card, which has the same performance as a 3 year old Nvidia card...), except that it costs MORE?

>when it has the same performance and power usage as the Vega
user, are we looking at the same GPU?

4.7 Ghz is only for single core it looks like. Once you start uzing more than single more, it drops down to 4.5 Ghz and if you're using all core, it drops down to ~4.4 Ghz. That's if you're doing the auto-OC. If you overclock manually to 4.5 ghz, you'll get better performance overall.

Vega56 can be bought for $280, or even less if you get one used. Put the Vega64 bios on it and set the voltages to +25mV steps in wattman.

The V64 bios allows it to use higher thermal limits and the undervolt makes it able to sustain boost speeds 24/7. You can also overclock the HBM to 1100MHz and the gpu to 1650MHz.

The result is a 220W card that is on par with the 2070 and the Navi, plus it already has AIB coolers available.

Just have a good cooler and set PBO to 4.

No manual oc involved. Precision boost overdrive does the work.

>overclock manually to 4.5 ghz
Is that even realistic with safe voltage? I'm thinking more like 4.3 max.

Probably not, but 4.4 @ 1.4v should be fine.

>3800x does 4.65ghz boost on two cores
the fuck

I expect these to be so heavily binned that we're going to see them hit advertised numbers way more often than the cheaper chips currently out there.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this model produce a slight shitstorm with the clear quality difference it will have.
Also I expect it to run hot as fuck and needing at least a 360 AIO or a custom loop to cool it properly.

Nah, this cooler is all you will ever need.

Attached: nh-d15-top-large.jpg (2000x1723, 248K)