Pc water cooling

>pc water cooling
based or cringe?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_antonyleather_files_2016_10_air-740-17-1680x1100.png (1280x868, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cooling/noctua-nh-u12a-review/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

based if you do it yourself
cringe if you pay for it

/thread

I have a build that hasn't been apart or cleaned in nearly 5 years
>Fluid is still at standard amount
>I used clear tygon soft tubing (no faggot hard tubing)
>triple ribber straight barbs with worm drive hose clamps
>Plain distilled water with a pure silver kill coil in the reservoir
>Case has no window
>No RGB or LED's other than the motherboard's boot lights
that's it. It's been cooling my Core i7-4960X and 3x GTX 780Ti's since launch. I think this whole craze of RGB EVERYTHING and stupid lights all over is what makes it "cringe". Liquid cooling is/was supposed to be about performance. To each their own I know, but when I see pics like yours OP, it reminds me a of a kid fascinated by blinking lights.

post pics

cringe because a noctua at a fraction of the price will easily outperform it.

I mean, it's cool if it cools off high performance gpu/cpu for people that actually NEED the performance.
For the most part it's just a gimmick that is no better than a beefy aircooler.
But if you're short in clearance for an aircooler for whatever reason.. then bam, watercool.

Attached: 1547429198861.jpg (900x900, 97K)

FPBP

That's pretty ..RAD d00de.
hue hue, get it .. RAD.
Why u lookin at me like that op?.. ..

Attached: 4955112-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 54K)

Full shit like that is maximum cringe.

Custom loop? No.
AIO? 99% of them (but without the benefit of the added thermal mass).
There's even the really high end AIOs (not the Corsair shit) that outperform Noctua tower coolers by a degree or less (but still outperform it) so a custom look with at least more cooling area and thermal mass is going to beat any Noctua tower cooler.

look at jayz2shekels video where a noctua beats his autistic custom loop.

Have none on this device sorry. However rest assure I'll be taking everything apart and taking pics for my new build come September.

The custom loop and noctua were bottlenecked by the CPU's shitty tim, which was why they were so close. The CPU would have trouble getting the heat to the waterblock/air cooler, which in turn had no problem immediately dissipaiting it.

>>Plain distilled water with a pure silver kill coil in the reservoir
This shit has been unadvised over a decade ago for causing corrosion

Unironically this

But otherwise i would say it's cringe, it was cool with 3930ks for 5ghz daily use overclocks and stuff but now you can barely get 300mhz out of modern CPUs.

That literally never happened.

Closed loop water is useful if your running into thermal limits due physical space constraints, like a workstation board where a large noctua would block ram slots, or a really hot GPU and you want to reduce the noise.

Open loop is for hobbyists. excluding super niche solutions like a high power SFF build, multi-GPU setups, or some kind of rendering station where absolute maximum performance saves you money, other solutions are superior.

His custom loops are retarded and are built for form over function. I really really dislike that guy.

Not useful for average users. Air will always beat water when you take saturation into consideration. People who push systems far enough into diminishing returns to demand it are pants on head retarded. As far as GPU goes it's also pretty dumb. Spend the money if you want to try hard for diminishing returns but you would be better off just getting a better card and not voiding it's warranty.

This is what actually happens when the Semen Interface Material (tm) isn't bottlenecking your CPU

bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cooling/noctua-nh-u12a-review/2/

>14C difference between one of the "best" air coolers
Even the AIOs shit all over aircooling. Air cooling is a toy for toy computers.

Gimmick marketed to retards.

Saturation LOWERS temps you moron. Radiators become better at cooling the hotter they are over ambient. That means that when a CPU goes from idle to 100% it's coming close to cooking itself because water doesn't absorb heat very well and the radiator is working at very low efficiency. As the fluid heats up and stabilizes the radiator achieves its ideal efficiency for that heat load. There should only be a short window where the temps are lower unless you have a ridiculous 480mm reservoir or something. In AIOs, with no reservoir temps stablize in under a minute.

Contain your aspergers. I never said saturation made it hotter you're just seeing what you want with your tard rage. The point is you need time for it to reach max efficiency and to beat air you need those 360 and 480 reservoirs. There's just no sensible reason for your average user to have them.

>because water doesn't absorb heat very well
Water is literally one of the best fluids for absorbing heat if not the best
Water can absorb tons of heat before rising significantly in temperature and it's because water has a really high heat capacity
There is a reason in race cars you use plain water instead of "coolent" like you would in a street car,

>Water is literally one of the best fluids for absorbing heat if not the best
Fluids yes. Purely as a sink? Sure. It has 1/500th the thermal conductivity of even a bargain bin metal like aluminum. That's why if your pump breaks your CPU is a goner.

I've got a full loop with my CPU and GPU hooked up to a 45mm thick 360mm radiator. CPU never gets above 75c and the GPU sits at 55c under load.
With semi-passive case fans, a quiet, vibration free pump and copper tubing helping with heat dissipation the loudest part of my system is the one hard drive I still have.

Typically costs too much and adds too much hassle for the gains you get. Unless you've got nothing better to dump money into, it's probably better to just go air.

>it's probably better to just go air
Most CPUs are air-cooled in the long run.
Where do you think the heat from your "fluid-cooled" processsor ends up?

>Where do you think the heat from your "fluid-cooled" processsor ends up?
It goes to a radiator where it is dissipated
I know you don't understand physics very well but water cooling does work because if anything it allows you to have a larger surface area to dissipate heat than air coolers can provide
The radiators in OPs pic for example has a larger surface area than you could ever hope to achieve with air coolers that you would usually put on your CPU and GPU
Yes in the end the heat is dissipated to the surrounding air on both cooling methods but that similarity doesn't make water cooling irrelevant

meh, I've had no issues.

high maintenance meme

Water cooling is more efficient. More thermal mass in the water and much higher surface area directly radiating.

Also keeps the inside of the case clean.

>worth it
not in my opinion.

Water cooling is a meme. I run water cooling its a meme unless you're willing to sheckle out $200+ otherwise, any air cooler worth under $100 will do better job for cheaper.

>imagine doing water cooling but keeping Intel toothpaste

No shit. The point I was clearly making was to just skip the water unless you have turbo autism.

>Get some ducting
>Get a cheapo 8-20 watt fan from wally world
>Using the box the fan came in to make a shroud, tape together
>?????
>Profit
It's better cooling than most solutions and you can Move the fan around too and use it as a multipurpose space heater for your butt. Come cooler seasons, crack a window and let the chill winter air cool you're computer. The 3 speed fans are best because you can select the speed Yourself!

How much more effective are custom loop solutions than AIO coolers?

Makes sense, the extra thermal mass is going to play a much bigger role when it's direct die.

weird that you can still run it for years without issues huh?

they can be almost as effective as you want them to be, but that's just because assembling your own makes it straightforward to use a bigger radiator and/or achieve much higher flow rates than an AIO. Which, because it's meant to be plug-and-go, can't have a very large pump or very wide tubing.

Not really. Failure is usually defined at a rate in any industrial setting