In the old days there were web designers (frontend), web developers (backend), database developers...

>in the old days there were web designers (frontend), web developers (backend), database developers, systems administrators, and managers
>companies hated paying huge sums of money for all these people so they consolidated it
>team is reduced to web developer (frontend and backend), database developers, systems administrators, and managers
This worked okay for a while, then they introduced "Full Stack Developers"
>team is reduced to Full Stack Developer (frontend, backend, and database), systems administrators, and managers
This had its challenges, but we made do. Then companies had another idea... DevOps.
>team is reduced to "DevOps Engineer" (frontend, backend, database, systems administrator) and managers
What's next?

Attached: aRIdihU.jpg (1294x1600, 275K)

Collapse.

That's not what DevOps is, it's an evolution of system administrators

>team is reduced to just managers, and then we re-build from the stone age.

There is an appeal of not needing to talk to anyone to get something done. Sure you're responsible for everything, but as long as they give you enough time then what's the problem.

The place I'm working for seems kinda like they're planning to get rid of everyone that isn't management and shop everything out to contractors.

lol why is she using a urinal?

Then they'll be managing.... nothing

All these positions still exist.

What's next is trying to use DevOps to make a computer that does DevOps stuff.

>shop everything out to contractors
Like Boeing then? And then after they did that they built planes that didn't actually fly. Save yourself.

But user, think of the costs we'll cut! Sure, our products won't work, but it'll look really good on our quarterly fiscal reports!

"rockstar developer"
team is planning, bidding/market research, procurement(servers and workstations),frontend, backend, database, administration, training, manage.

god i wish that were me

What’s next is that people will realise fast food pays more than IT and jump ship

Attached: C57F2EFD-16E3-4616-86E5-F5E427F54F49.jpg (828x1145, 132K)

lol why is she using a urinal?

>she
user I...

>We are looking for a DevOps rockstar who evangelizes every part of the stack and is a coding ninja
>Requirements:
>10 years experience AWS
>15 years experience Azure
>20 years experience CI/CD
>30 years experience frontend frameworks
>50 years experience Java/Spring/Boot/JVM
>Be willing to work on a minimum wage basis

>she

user, I....

>non full stack dev wishes he was full stack

Attached: 1561958474944.jpg (326x295, 14K)

Managers managing managers, who in turn manage more managers.
If their organization has a loop in it, they could indefinitely push their tasks "down" until infinity of them accumulates in one spot and causes leadership singularity.

I want to manage her(male) back end, if you're you know what I mean

>inb4 Devops as a Service