Zoomers in their teens-early 20s who grew up on Bieber and Web 2...

>Zoomers in their teens-early 20s who grew up on Bieber and Web 2.0 and don't remember anything older than Windows XP can now walk and talk and are the vast majority of Jow Forums and the current internet

What do you think of this?

Attached: 1552794149084.png (1101x1211, 794K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PzF79xzEfsg
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nostalgia is stupid no matter who's in on it

Personally, I find it disgusting.

Explains a lot around here.

>tfw the generation that ruined and is continuously ruining the economy by being inadequate at life is saying "new generation bad"
how the turn tables have turned
millennials are the new boomers
zoomers rise up

Attached: 1541436373388.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>my shitty pop culture is better than your shitter pop culture

Meanwhile, oldfags remember Eternal September. Hell, today's kids don't know what a usenet is and if they do, it's only LOL DOWNLOADAN USING NZB.

All I know is my nostalgia is better than their nostalgia.

saw zoomer nostalgia thread and they were talking about shit like Fruit Ninja and Temple Run. Fucking hell you can still play those exact games right now on their clown phones

fucking clowns

so where are all of the kids who came of age in the late 80s and think all of the 90s stuff is dumb trash? is 90s truly the golden age of kiddie shit?

>Kids today gettin' old too fast
>Can't wait to grow up so they can kiss some ass
>They get nostalgic about the last 10 years
>Before the last 10 years have passed
>("Bastard" - Ben Folds. April 11, 2005)

Those are the Gen Xers and they are too busy on facebook in Jow Forums threads.

That must have been the most soul crushing moment in that guy's life.

>getting trillions of dollars worth of loans to learn feminist dance theory
>knowing they can't pay it back
>gonna recreate 2008 but x2 worse
>waaaaa. it's all the boomers fault even though I can never specify why
God I can't wait until millennials commit mass sudoku. They're just a bunch of whiney bitches
And you notice as well, the more the torch gets passed towards millennials, the more they complain and spread millennial propaganda. I'll give you hint. EVERYONE sees through your bullshit. It's the whiniest goddamn generation ever

Attached: 1561140802802.png (498x295, 34K)

Those people are disgusting, immature, bigoted HR-lady know-nothings and those people get to determine if your resume and application are fit for an interview.

So the more you hate, the less you're going to get. Your 20s are spent building a career base and learning how to be okay with yourself, and your 30s are spent being an actual adult human.
Ya'll zoomer bitches are stuck in the teenager "I know everything because someone else told me" phase and it's sick.

I don't care, as long as they're down with the SNES/N64/PS1 classics I'm cool with them. NES to a lesser extent, it's pretty overrated.

feels good zoomer but living in eastern europe so I expierenced things that western millenials expierenced along with some of the zoomer stuff (iCarly and Minecraft)

>Ya'll
Almost took the bait too.

zoomer here
I fucking love shit from the late 90s, there's just so much good shit made from 1997-2001
but also I feel like there have always been good shit, even now there's some good stuff being made, just need to look harder
I don't give a fuck about generational culture, and mainstream culture has always been normalfag shit anyways. I never cared about the iphone or 7th gen consoles, and I still don't really give a shit about new phones
there are some good games in the 7th gen though, luckily most are on PC but there's still some exclusives and stuff that can't be ported
I don't want to sound like the "i was born in wrong generation" stereotype but I don't think I represent zoomers, at the same time while being born a bit sooner may have been nice so I could experience some things before they were gone, I don't really care
I turned 18 a month ago

I don't give a fuck about ageism, isn't this a technology board?

>meanwhile, his generation is also going to college and waiting 10+ years for a "real job" like the rest of us

youtube.com/watch?v=PzF79xzEfsg

Attached: 1560268787618.png (583x673, 60K)

25 year old boomer checking in. Feels weird being the last generation to experience childhood without smartphones and mass adoption of social media. It seems to have created such a strange disconnect in society, anyone more than a couple years younger than me might as well be a foreigner to me at this point.

They're gen xers and thought Power rangers and Pokemon was trash compared to Transformers and 80s action movies

Alright dude keep thinking everyone older than you is garbage when really you're, for whatever reason, jealous that they've already struggled what you have to go through.

How old are you OP?

It is trash. Power Rangers is dumbed down sentai for American idiots and fucking Pokemon is My First JRPG/Intro to Cockfighting.
At least Transformers and 80s action movies had some soul and interesting shit to them.

Ah yes, the 80s. Everyone is a dudebro on cocaine and all the women are hot rock thrashers.
Yep that's simply the 80s and nothing else to it.

As opposed to now where everyone is a fucking stoner and all the women are fucking trashy whores.

>my point
>your head
>you then repeat my point in your own words
>the 80s were in fact as garbage as any other decade
Wow thanks way to go. And, you're a Gen X-er yourself? You're supposed to be 40-ish?

Not only do I think I'm better than you, but I'm earning 2 times more than you can only dream of, with 0 student loan debt

Attached: the_virgin_millennial_vs__the_chad_zoomer_by_phracker_dcq8akl-pre.jpg (1430x559, 115K)

Are you, really now?

110k and 21 years old. fight me irl

>300K STEM out of college

that meme is older than you

the only people who care about your money is your mom and whatever whore wants it from you

Yet 80's and 90's action movies objectively remains the healthiest form of modern multi-media entertainment for young boys. This is fact and no amount of vidya fanboy cope will ever change it.

bullshit
Iron Man alone beats anything from 90s and 80s

>oy vey you need to spend $50k per year to learn how to please your wife's bull
>there's no way people can get an average programmer salary without it
lmaoing at ur life right now

Attached: 1558747993335.png (978x380, 64K)

> zoomers in pic make valid comments about state of nick
> old bitter boomer that made pic thinks it's about nostalgia
that bitter old boomer is wrong. the zoomers are right. a lot of shit fell the fuck off during the 00's and never recovered.
> what do i think of this?
nothing. im in groups involving really old computers from the start of the 1980s. so im the last to talk about such things.

but the nintendo ds was fucking great

>but the nintendo ds was fucking great
it sure was. loved it.

Only someone too young to remember 9/11 would say something so ignorant.

>I fucking love shit from the late 90s, there's just so much good shit made from 1997-2001
That era used to be universally despised. Xers considered it the start of the cancerous teen pop / nu metal / trl era. But now zoomers and revisionists are trying to say it was the end of true 90s culture before 9/11 happened

nigger retard you are
also gay

Late 90s was peak gaming, if only for Starcraft BW and System Shock 2.

>YOUNG PEOPLE CANT BE NOSTALGIC ABOUT THEIR RAPIDLY CHANGING LIVES LIKE I DID THE SAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
/thread

yeah but I don't like any of that shit and since I didn't exist during those years I have no idea what the mainstream culture was like
I do know a lot of the shit I like is from those years though, and to be fair, a large majority of the things I like from that era are nipponese things
has mainstream music ever not been garbage? normalfags have always been retarded

you can't /thread yourself

That's a DSi, but yeah I agree. I remember installing flipnote studio. That was the fucking shit.

>has mainstream music ever not been garbage?
yes
bad pop music has never been the entirety of mainstream music
just as many musicians become mainstream because they're actually really good at what they do

That's just part of the pop culture cycle. Most trends experience an ironic/retro-cool resurgence after about 20 years.

>i'm getting old and have a midlife crisis

it's ok user, everyone has to become irrelevant at some point

all eras of music are "universally despised" by the era that came before it
people who liked classic rock and metal fucking hated nu metal
people who liked nu metal hate the shit that's popular today

Except the people who like nu metal can't hate anything because they've all died from opioid abuse.

I liked nu metal

Aliens should nuke us

It wasn't just music that declined, everything suddenly became more crass and obnoxious. Things like South Park, Family Guy, The Attitude Era of Wrestling and American Pie all blew up around that time. The only thing that used to be considered good from the 98-01 timeframe were the games and early internet culture

>someone who likes pro wresting trying to talk about taste

faked

juvenoia never subsides

I'm a millennial, 30 years old. At first I became nostalgic for EVERYTHING from my childhood. Good, bad, amazing, horrifically shitty. I wanted to look back on it regardless of what it was and it was exciting for a minute. Especially unearthing really obscure half forgotten things that barely registered. Then came time for reappraisal. I never wanted anything to do with a lot of that shit again. I needed to figure out what was essential and what was a mistake. From there I was able to explore things I still think are good and find similar media, get more into things that are relevant to my interests that I didn't experience when it was new.

I feel that nostalgia isn't bad per se. Thinking everything from your childhood was fucking amazing and it will never be as good and nobody should be able to experience something new and feel the same is pretty dumb though. Times change, tastes change, and you should be changing too. I can admit to myself that I liked Limp Bizkit a lot when I was 12. I can also admit that it fucking sucked too.

All these underage zoomer responses.
Back to your containment boards /b/, /v/

Attached: 1555368049304.gif (350x409, 437K)

>mass sUdOkU

>implying most people don't go to a community college for cheap and finish there or transfer to state

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

You need to do video game voice overs if that's you

>wasting 4 years of your life to learn how to prep the bull
I'm gonna yeet you into the ovens if you ever reply to me with something that stupid again

we both know the only way a 21 yr old is making 110k a year is if they're cheating people, have a family business connection willing to risk it, or got extremely, extremely lucky. And luck isn't something praiseworthy.

Eat my cock broke bitch.

>start learning programming at 14
>get a entry level position doing webshit at 19
>work got 110k salary through triplebyte 6 months ago
It's literally the best economy we've had since before the crash 2008 crash. How hard is any of that to believe?

everything went to shit post 2007 here, when they finally started to crack down hard on digital piracy.
before that, everyone and their grandmas were using kazaa, emule and one-click-hosters
pushed me into /ptg/ but it just wasn't the same.

Haven't kept your eye on housing prices and the cost of living raises, have ya?
Those progressive minimum wage raises are fucking everyone who isn't, apparently, you i.e the top 2% of workers.

And we both know you're not worth 110k

/ptg/ is far better. KaZaA and it's predecessors were always complete and utter dogshit. I started with Napster in '98 and before torrents were around I was downloading movies from hacked xdcc bots on IRC and burning them on CDs to watch on my DVD player. KaZaA just had those horrible cams with watermarks all over the screen from TMD and other shitters who reencoded VCDs and SVCDs to 175mb avi files. You were curry before anybody even knew what that was. If you want the same feeling go download transcodes from soulseek and trash off rutracker.

>best economy since before the 2008 crash
So was the 2007 economy. Stocks were higher than ever, housing value was way, way up.
Seems kind of similar, hm?

>And we both know you're not worth 110k
>I suck at programming therefore everyone sucks at programming
I am the first generation completely raised on the internet
I have had college level education in programming since I was 14. Zoomers are here to yeet you millenials into retirement homes

>millenials fucking up the economy all over again
Color me shocked

>dumb zoomer thinks millennials were buying houses in 2005 to fuck the economy up

Remember. Nostalgia is always only remembering the good times and never the bad times as well. There were things back then that sucked horribly much like Call Of Duty and Angry birds

of course ptg has the community driven quality control going.
what I meant was, nobody ever was in need of a music track or video, because they could just get it.
now people are contend with the limited region locked shit they can get here, because they're too scared of getting their internet capped.

also, you can still find quite a lot of dcc bots.
that's how I managed to survive university dorm, as they blocked the torrent protocol

I am the first generation completely raised on the internet. I'm not some hick town bumfuck, I was using the net since 1994 when I was 5 years old. Your mom's iPad isn't impressive.

>Color me shocked
God damn you are a perfect example of why youth needs to be contained from wealth.
>I have had college level education
How about you target recent history and economics next you fucking sperg.

Hey user, I'm a hobbyist programmer. I'm probably still going to finish my degree (in school for free), but I wanna be able to program for cash in 3 years. Any advice?

All the seething boomers in this thread are making me lol. Why don't you all die already

Remember this: We own your job. We control what you're worth for the next 35 years just like the actual Boomers did to us.

Keep talking shit big shit on the internet but being a polite little bitch in real life.
It makes me lol.

They won't die until they've ruined everything as much as they possibly can.

The scene had that kind of quality control going too. I knew which groups I could trust in those days. If you went to KaZaA the first file that came around would be the one that spread through the network the best. Usually it was a scene rip which I could get faster from DCC bots or begging someone to FXP me the release. But other times trash would spread instead. Especially for video.

>case and point, seething boomer

Limp Bizkit were dope

t. zoomer

>And we both know you're not worth 110k
You're right by the way. I'm worth 130K

Triple byte has been pretty good to me. I tried the first time and they said to study more and come back. I took their advice and got through the second time
The books they gave me to study are
>Algorithm design by skiena
>advanced programming in the Unix environment
>highscalability blog
>cracking the coding interview
Few pieces of advice I can mention, don't fall for Jow Forums memes. Java is a great language to learn for employment. Don't look for anything prestigious as your first job. PHP as bad as it is powers 70% of the web. Most important of all is to keep consistent. I lurked /dpt/ for 5 years, slowly gaining knowledge from people smarter than me

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-012438_1.png (1440x1647, 133K)

>it's a zoomer born in late 90's thinking he's a 90's kid because the alternative is admitting he's really a early 00's shitter
Getting real tired of this shit.

>actual "I know how to make everything perfect and everyone else is old and senile" human beings
I thought that shit died out with the snowflake Milleniboomers. Instead we still have non-fully-functional 15-22 year old brains talking shit about things they don't understand.

Quaint.

Oh, your living costs are like 50k a year and since you're taxed (nominal) ~26.5% federally plus, what is it, like 8.5% state? you really only have ~27K at the end.
Hey, that's still a pretty nice net takehome dude, but still you're talking to a grown man with a fully formed brain here. I know how all of this works and I'm not going to play these games.

>Few pieces of advice I can mention, don't fall for Jow Forums memes. Java is a great language to learn for employment. Don't look for anything prestigious as your first job. PHP as bad as it is powers 70% of the web. Most important of all is to keep consistent. I lurked /dpt/ for 5 years, slowly gaining knowledge from people smarter than me
That's really fucking good advice user. God bless. I was actually thinking about learning PHP the other day.

Attached: 9qaLt89.png (1680x1050, 372K)

Where did he imply he was born in the late 90s. He bashed on people in their early 20s, who were born in the late 90s.

>thinks some guy talking about dcc bots and kazaa is a zoomer
>defends literal boomers

>not cucking zoomer kids by fucking the 18+ zoomer women with your big boomer cock

feels good, man

>implying I don't
Megabonus: I'm handsome as fuck and everyone says I look early-20s instead of the 30 years I actually am.
And my dick is 7 inches (on a good day)

I would first start learning PHP by trying to create a simple service with Laravel. Something simple. Laravel makes working with PHP pretty easy. But just to warn you, you're more likely going to be maintaining some shitty legacy code than working with modern Laravel code
And when you do get your first shitty job, a lot of people feel like that's the end and you've already made it. You have to avoid that feeling and try to improve every day

Java *SQL and PHP will give you a solid set of skills.

After taxes about 70k a year
Living in some shithole for 16k a year
Food and transportation is paid by my employer
Health insurance is 4k a year
Can spend on whatever I want for 20k a year
Save up 30k a year for rainy days
Fucking keep coping brah

>coping
I'm a regional director of food services for an assisted living community.
I live in an unincorporated township in a county with .3% property taxes (you heard that right) in a state with 2.3% income taxes.
I make 72.5k/yr to supervise the on-site food directors and handle our product distribution (and secondarily influence our potential menu rotations but only because of regional variability in supply, corporate HQ handles the full menu)
I own 2 bi-unit rental properties that are paying their mortgages off in 7 years and am looking to get a 3rd after next year's taxes.

It's a piss easy job, where mostly I spend my time bullshitting people for better prices or better job handling. I never work more than 45 hours a week and typically just 42.5. I get reimbursed for travel costs. I spend barely any time on my properties because I rent to decent people and the buildings are less than 15 years old.

So my take-home pay from the job is about 54K, and I keep my yearly expenses around 20K including regular medical. I gain ~1500/mth from the rentals, and spend another 1500 on the mortgages paying off the principle about twice as fast as the 15-year amortization schedule.

At the end of the year my full net income is pretty close to yours.
You really shouldn't talk to random people like you're the only shining star in the sky.

>my cartoons are better than urs!!!!!!!
Wew lad. Millenials and boomers are manchildren.

That's just life OP. You really gonna sit in your room and stew over the fact that people age and things change?

>lmao im richer than some 21 (TWENTY ONE) YEAR OLD coming from the lower class
Literally "old man yells at sky"

Did I say I was richer? I'm sure I said "we make about the same" somewhere in there...
You Zoomers really should pay more attention in your English classes.

Nigga I'm in my early 20s and I grew up with Windows 98 at school and ME at home, I didn't see XP til I was almost 10. Wtf are you talking about