Need to do some PDF editing in Linux

>need to do some PDF editing in Linux
>all open sources PDF editors are shit
*sigh*
>install a pirated Adobe Acrobat DC with wine, expecting it to 1) be a pain in the ass to install, 2) work like shit
>mfw it took me five minutes of googling to fix a minor problem and now it works unironically better than it did in Windows
Holy fucking shit, I didn't know wine had gotten THIS good. BASED.

Attached: wow.jpg (252x200, 9K)

wine is unironically carrying linux from being an unusable memeware

Bruh, don't edit the pdf, edit troff/groff doc then gen the PDF later. Way better than wysiwyg stuff my dude.

I don't have the sources of the PDFs. The extremely shitty PDFs are all I have, and I need to improve them a bit to make them readable on my Kindle.

it runs worse than on Windows, added compatibility layer = more bloat
I swear loonixfags are mentally ill

and microsoft porting wsl is retarded as well

No it doesn't, and I talk from experience because I use the program ALL the time. Try the following in Windows vs Linux, and tell me your results: do an OCR scan of a large document and try to cancel it. Pro-tip: in Windows you can't because the whole program hangs horribly.

This is some next level retardation.

This is true for windows 10 and older software pre-8 era, even windows 7 NT code runs under a WOW-like subsystem, there's just so fucking many under windows like WOW, WOW64, DOS compat that actually having names for the individual projects like Wine, DXVK and the like make it look like it's more work than the horrid layers built into windows itself.

I can testify that wine sometimes works better than windows itself

firejail wine whatever-pdf-editor-you-used.exe
chromium uses foxit fork afaik fyi

it also supports more software than windows because it's not version restricted

isn't using wine extremely unsecure, runs some parts as root etc?

Wine doesn't need root. It has the same risks as running anything under your user account.

wtf inkscape exists you dumb fucktard

Acrobat is absolute junk though. Of all the things exclusive to Windows THIS is what you're hung up on?

>edit pdf
retard

>compatibility layer = more bloat
its not a VM, in the optimal case it just provides dlls and win file structure and lets the program do its thing, only without fucking windows in the background.

>pdf
>editing
retard. Also mobile poster = cancer

>PDF editing
ok I didn't know you can access the internet from a mental institution

Practically nobody on the planet distributes troff/nroff/latex sources with their PDFs. Most people I’ve seen just write a wysiwyg Microsoft Word document and export it as PDF.