/reag/ - Ryzen Early Adopter General

RYZEN BROS GET IN HERE. It's been 8 days since launch, how are we all holding up?
>what did you upgrade from
>cpu
>mobo
>ram
>is your system POSTing?

Attached: 1536677600860.png (623x808, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmsTYK9Z3-jUX5LGRoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/htmlview?sle=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I had to borrow a friends cpu just update the bios, now my files are being corrupted and I can’t seem to break 4.3ghz OC.

Cant believe I fell for the hype.

Let me bet you did not bought new ryzen only here to shitpost

It wasn't even dispatched yet and there is no ETA for the motherboard. So try asking me a month later.

So how long before i can safely buy a 3800x?

Sir, please do the needful and post proofs of your purchase, or gtfo

Why do you always say this you stupid nigger? I am a proud red team member

Attached: IMG_20190714_093751500_HDR.jpg (3024x4032, 980K)

buying tomahawk and not mortar
lol

I thought MSI motherboards were one of the few brands that could flash to the new 3rd gen using 350/450 motherboards without needing a 2nd gen cpu? Why did you need to get one in the end?

because he's retarded and does not read what he buys

Attached: 4365487.png (1882x870, 739K)

>RYZEN BROS GET IN HERE
NO!!

Attached: 1468974476103.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Wait is flashing bios without supported CPU even a thing? Intel never had this feature, so this is what everyone complains about?

The amount of problems with this launch are something else even when we consider it's AMD. CPU/bios bugs corrupting your SSD contents...

Attached: mama pls no.jpg (307x354, 42K)

did you even read what you just typed

You need pretty much only motherboard and PSU to get new bios on ryzen board

2700-fag here
I fucking told you so

Same shit happened with first gen--the kinks will eventually be worked out, but generally speaking, it's best to wait until the eventually revision comes out that makes you question why anyone bothers to be an early adaopter, besides the fact you're beta testing for people who have the sliver of patience to wait for the second revision.

Get fucked

System is running great. Still getting whea warnings whenever I load something from my nvme, but at least I'm not bsod'ing non-stop even while idling. The amd dude says they're just warnings though and they're nothing harmful.

I keep trying to tell reddit that the new chipset drivers are trash, but they just ignore/downvote. I clearly stopped getting bsod when I rolled back to my old drivers.

>Same shit happened with first gen
So far it's even worse than with first gen. It's like they didn't even try to make this a clean launch.

Upgraded from 4670k to 3700x
Got an msi b450 tomahawk flashed it to latest bios with USB flashback
The bios is unstable af for me
Like many others my pc barely gets to POST
I have to restart my pc 20 times sometimes to finally get through so I can actually use it

Only on Windows. Who cares.

>/icg/ - Intcel Cope General

Sure Jow Forums autists busy trying to install gentoo (wonder if it even works on Ryzen 3000) don't care, but 99% of actual AMD customers do.

>Falling for Ryzen hype

The point is that it's not a CPU bug, it's a driver bug you dumb shitter.

>Was banking on buying 3700x to upgrade from my 4690k
>Can't find anywhere
>Even if I did I'd be having to fuck with the bios

At what price should I buy a 9700k?

Yeah it's always not amd cpu bugs.
x86 code that runs fine on prior x86 CPUs suddendly has critical bugs when it has to run on Ryzen 3000

>Le Re*dit gang

>Inturds now LARPing as Ryzen users.

So this is what Intel's memo about their community resources is all about.

Attached: weiner.gif (220x138, 63K)

So basically, former incels are having these problems because they're not tech savvy.

Go figure.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I bought two b450s and 3600/3700x for my dad and my bro. Waiting for last delivery today to start the 3600 build. I'm worried reading about all those bios issues but then again I'm not a tech illiterate faggot so fingers crossed all ends well. Also I can't upload pictures due to Hiro ip range banning some fucking British shitposter I guess.

Try to flash back to v17 supposedly more stable.

Weiner

I upgraded from a 4690k to a 2700x with an Asus prime x470 pro. I updated the BIOS which was already using one from this March to the latest one. I installed Windows 10 pro on on an inland premium nvme using special bios settings as described by a YouTube video. I then installed CHIPSET drivers and everything worked smooth and fine. I then exchanged the 2700x for an 3600 on 7/7 at microcenter. It booted fine except it looked the screen looked greyer. Updated the CHIPSET drivers and bios to 5007 and now everything is just as smooth as the 2700x was. I'm just waiting on Asus to update the agesa from 1.0.0.2 to to 1.0.0.3. afterburner can't read the CPU temp forcing me to use hwinfo64. Games run absolutely fine for me though. In bf1 on Sinai desert I can get 200fps when I drop the graphic settings low enough and it still doesn't go near 100% CPU usage. I'm not too sure how people are getting problems.

Attached: IMG_20190707_093555707_HDR~2.jpg (2340x2251, 790K)

Role-playing intel users.

How to fuck supposedly more tech literate AMD owners can be so retarded. Basically you're one of few lucky 256 mbit flash rom chipset owners so your bios didn't have to get slashed and delay to fit in massive microcode for agesa 1.0.0.3. People with 16 mb bios memory on cheaper x470 and b450 boards are fucked and have issues with bios.

Sounds like a manufacturer and user problem to me.

>BUT MUH GUI
GO BACK TO /v/ fucking gaymer.

I don't think 17 supports zen2

I'm not role playing. Image search that picture I posted all you want

Holy shit. I saw this motherboard open box at microcenter. I saw on the VRM chart that it was ok for 3900 for future upgrade. I had no idea that I got lucky with the 256 MB ROM. What a shit show for people with tiny ROMs.

Kek, so there are ChadROMs and ROMlets now

Attached: keks.jpg (596x628, 44K)

Sidegrading from 2600 to 3600X, my CPU will arrive today, I hope it'll boot at least, since I work mostly from home.

yes you're not. but I'm just saying that according to that leaked memo. Intel is ready to use their community resources to fight back.

Meaning FUD and buying out reviewers. MSI was the one manufacturer that publicly got angry about AMD existing and ruining their Z370 sales.

Attached: 1563033145726.png (868x756, 265K)

leave my comfy ryzen thread

>Hundreds of angry AMD buyers who complain and still wait for a functioning bios on MSI reddit and forums are now Intel shills
That's why AMDfags are the worst. Literally eating their own as long as it means living in denial about their precious "pro-consumer" company.

>functioning now means MUH GUI.
KEK

only idiots who got jewed by GN and Buildzoid to MSI.

That's what I have and what I'm thinking of upgrading too also. Don't know if I want to spend the money for 15% tho

The people saying "cope more" and calling you a shill are just crossboard trolls. Surely you realize this by now? Anyone with half a brain can notice this release was a shitshow and remains to be one

>Calls actual MSI board owners shills
>Defends them without actually owning one
Functioning now means being unable to boot your pc or have raid and fan control functions huh? Ok AMD nigger.

>Anyone with half a brain can notice this release was a shitshow and remains to be one
t. Inturd.

>Functioning now means being unable to boot your pc or have raid and fan control functions huh? Ok AMD nigger.
>MUH Raid
>MUH fan curves
Seems like a problem with the user being a paranoid shit

based

>At what price should I buy a 9700k?
Honestly, just wait 2 month and the kinks will be worked out and you'll be able to buy a 3700X at a discount.

>diehard AMD niggers in terrible damage control
As an actual common sense buyer who goes for best performance per dollar option I actually will give some guidance instead of shilling for or against AMD.
If you bought an AM4 mobo and can still refund it double check this chart:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmsTYK9Z3-jUX5LGRoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/htmlview?sle=true

If your mobo has 128 Mbit rom flash refund it. It's just about simplifying GUI or cutting it. MSI already did that by downgrading to gui-lite and they still are having issues fitting in both agesa microcode and all mobo functions. Even if your manufacturer has no issues atm if your mobo has 128 Mbit bios memory JUST REFUND IT, odds are you will still be fucked down the lane as microcode and bios size expands with each revision.

All my stuff came in almost a week ago. Havent opened anything yet. How long does it usually take to get problems like this straightened out?

It's NOT* just about simplifying GUI or cutting it. Sorry.

Since I own 144Hz monitor I want as many frames as possible, so I've decided to get that sidegrade.

Also it doesn't look like 4xxx series will bring anything new, so this CPU will be the last one on AM4 socket for me. I don't need more than 12 threads and by the time I'll have the need for more, something better will come up on a different socket (probably Intel 10nm+++ or some shit)

Return them before it's too late

Should a tomahawk just be returned then?

>MSI shills are doing the damage control now.

KEK.

Yes. Buy something with 256mbit bios from that list or wait for b450 Tomahawk MAX.

still sitting here happily with my 2600

it's about my MSI PREMIUM GRAPHICS ON THE BIOS MENU. LUCKY'S DICK SHOULD BE HI-RES and SHOWN MENU-WIDE

AMD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>MSI shills
>advicing to return MSI mobos
You are not very smart are you?

>tfw my cheapshit msi b450 mortar got the 1.0.0.3ab bios
>tomacock and other more expensive boards haven't

Attached: 1526482952076.jpg (232x217, 7K)

>taking /v/tard bait

Yes hello I'm one of them. I can still return my b450 tomahawk but no has still given a proper alternative at that price.

MSI should do the right thing and price the MAX similarly.

$2 should be enough for the bios chip, right?

Upgraded from z68 2500k 8gb ddr3 something to b450 3600x 16gb ddr4 3200 cl14

Kinda got memed on the ram before any benchmarks got out because I didn't want to wait but oh well, flashed, booted and installed flawlessly.

Not sure how ASUS is doing with the bios currently but this is 256. This might not have flashback but most microcenters can flash it for you

Attached: rog strix.png (1529x625, 515K)

Loads of MSI customers said they would happily return to blue white and red basic bios looks if it meant functioning and stable bios with backwards compatibility yet MSI even after jumping from standard GUI to GUI - lite still has to cut corners. It's not that simple shill.

memed on the ram? sir you made the best possible decision on your ram and this may have been the reason your install went smooth. what mobo is it?

My Asus prime x470 pro still has 1.0.0.2 in cpu-z how soon should Asus give me 1.0.0.3ab?

Literally $1. Probably 0.1$ when you talk about purchases in millions of units.
Just oc'it to 3600 cl16 assuming you have Samsung b-dice.

so why is it a problem with AMD? I mean, if USB flashback really is a thing for MSI boards, then shut the Zen1/Zen+ features off, then turn Zen2 features on, no need for a bigger bios. You just need slimmer firmware.

Should I just get a x370 prime-pro and pay the shop 10 bucks to bios it?

It has better audio and more usb ports then the b450s.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

So far the story with the BIOS memory size looks like the AMD fuckup, not the vendors. Pretty sure at some point AMD have told them the appropriate size of the memory and they should have known that AM4 will support 4 gens of CPUs and this'll require larger BIOS size.

Why the fuck would you blame vendors for that.

>better audio
any onboard audio chipsets are shit

>amd good

need to buy a shit cpu for 50€ or ask amd for the boot kit and wait 1 month

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.jpg (800x450, 53K)

Doesn't that have shit VRM cooling?

Yes. Asus had it since long time ago.

Tomahawk. First flashed to v17 then v18 with no boot in-between. I paid a significant premium for the ram when cl16 performance is the same to my knowledge. I don't regret it but had there been benchmarks before I would've bought cl16 and saved toward a 5700 next month.

Because AMD promised manufacturers that the agesa microcode will be more compact than it is. That's why so many mobos with 16 mb memory don't have a stable, non-beta bios release because it was a last minute notice that zen 3xxx code alone takes 6.4 megabytes, add over 2 mbytes for backwards compatibility of previous zens and you're left with less than half the room.

Flashing bios is too hard for customers. Though mobo makers are fucknig retarded, did they expect AMD to change socket every year like intel, despite promising they won't?

I am genuinely thinking cl143200 with the tomahawk works. All of the tomahawk success reports have came from using that ram

I've read on MSI forums from some moderator that AMD informed them about bloated size of the code last minute's notice and that's where the shitstorm is coming from.

1st gen mobos has shitty RAM support, though I don't know the reason. Probably shit wiring.

>too hard for the consumers
keep trying to pin this fuckup on "le consumers are just dumb lol!"
no

Looks like Samsung wins again baby.

I've bought same board but g.skill trident z 3600MHZ cl17. Hopefully it will go well. The ram is officially supported on the recently updated ram support page so fingers crossed.

>no

Attached: (1) B450 VRM Temp Test_ Asus & Gigabyte Disappoint!.png (1279x722, 276K)

>Bought b450 tomahawk
Nice.

>I paid a significant premium for the ram when cl16 performance is the same to my knowledge
There is not much difference between cl14 and cl16 but there is between commandrate T1 and T2. You have much better chances at running your RAM at T1 than cheap CL16 RAM (You are probably running T1 right now.).

>ITT early adopting brainlets doing the beta testing for free like a bunch of jannies
im enjoying my 2600x that i got at slashed prices thanks to the release
LMAOing @ yo lyfe

Attached: 1562909219446.jpg (334x334, 88K)

not anymore
only very first gen have shitty ram out of the box, but those are not sold anymore(2017 ones)
but yeah regardless people should go with newer chipset

Just pay José at the shop to do it.

I'm not pinning anything on the customers. That's just how it is. Flashing bios is expected to be performed by a professional, not the user. That's why vendors want the bios to support every CPU, because they expect users to receive a mobo with flashed bios from the shop and install whatever they need in it.

>gaming k4 128mb
>tomhawk 128mb
>asrock b450 gaming itx 128mb
>rog strix 256mb
>gigabyte Aorus pro wifi 128mb
cool chart. Obviously if the bios problems didn't exist we would all be using tomahawks or gaming k4s