So Jow Forums my power supply is dying, my system uses about 700 watts on max load so gonna go with this beast

So Jow Forums my power supply is dying, my system uses about 700 watts on max load so gonna go with this beast.

Also power supply general I guess, what are you using, what brands do you think are best.

Attached: 81FWIQK8i7L._SX425_.jpg (425x314, 19K)

>10 year warranty
After burning out PSU, a GPU and a board within 2 years of each other, I bought one of these and a ridiculously expensive UPS. Eventually I will add another circuit to the office, but those have sufficed for a couple years no hiccups.

Attached: 917dRL5aG7L._SX425_.jpg (425x340, 29K)

beQuiet Dark Power Pro 11, Corsair AXi.

I am about to build a new system with a 7 year old rosewill PSU

seasonic has 12 years iirc

Prime series does, apparently. I don't think they were out when I got mine. Maybe they were, but I doubt it because I did quite a bit of looking at the time. If I were in the market, it might be an interesting comparison to work out, but I CBA.

I think my /ss/ X Platinum has 7 years warranty. If it lasts that, it'll last 15

>700 watts
how

All the LEDs

>his system doesn't take 700 watts or more
WATTLET COPE

Seasonic , Super Flower
big gap.

bigger gap.
other PSUs

>So Jow Forums my power supply is dying
How do you know? They don't usually do that

I bet you find yourself funny.

It's pretty easy when you go into overclocking, high resolution, lots of ram, and peripherals.

Get a fanless PSU. Unless you're literally so poor that you can't afford to spend $30 more.

Attached: fanless06.jpg (1280x1031, 605K)

>$30 more
Actually if you get a quality one you will save money in the long run.

The dumbest thing you can do is buy crappy PSUs that have to be replaced every 3 years.

>700 watts
even a sli titan at full load dont consume more than 500w

Only use fanless for 400w or under. Seasonic makes PSU models with fans that that you can set to only turn on when hot. OP needs a +700w PSU.

>my computer is 2 GPU at 1080p on 16 MB ram, and that's all

>Only use fanless for 400w or under.
If you have a decent case airflow it should be fine. At 90+% efficiency you don't need to dissipate much heat.

Also 400W is enough for 99% of PC users. Most people really overestimate their power consumption.

I have a PC with a gtx970 that shuts down under full load with a 460w seasonic psu, then i upgraded to a 760w seasonic psu - problem solved.

I fucked up, 650 watts.

>RTX 2070
>Fan controller
>shit load of usb devices
>6 x 140 mm fans
2 x 80 mm fans

go to /v/ nvidiots

Half of those things don't even increase power consumption by more than 4-5W a piece.

>half of those things
And yet if you are doing half of those things, you are likely doing a number of other things that greatly increase the power draw, scudtwerp

*tips fedora

enjoy nvidia drivers and windows go to /v/

I bought a seasonic focus plus 850w gold recently
Expected to need some overhead for an overclocked Vega but it's overkill I'm sure. Anyway I expect it to last me the decade so I wasn't going to buy some low tier supply like I had

based. though the gap isn't that big to high end models of other OEMs.

Muh airflow though

Seasonic 400w Platinum Fanless.

It powers an i7-4770s (65w) and a 1050Ti (75w?) though they are rarely ever both maxed out.

I'm about to jump in and get a 3900x and an 570 motherboard but still expect the 400w to cover me.

>PSU dying
>resets whenever system is under heavy load
>open psu
>little bulging capacitor on the output side of the circuit
>replace cap
>works like new again for less than 50 cents

Just buy one in which the fan doesn't turn on unless necessary.

No, because those aren't optimized for fanless cooling and get hotter at the same load.

>No, because those aren't optimized for fanless cooling and get hotter at the same load.
Which one of these two is optimized for fanless cooling then? Or are you just paying extra to have holes drilled in the casing and not have a fan in it?

Attached: psu.jpg (1666x2400, 3.16M)

>Or are you just paying extra to have holes drilled in the casing and not have a fan in it?
Sure, why not. Those holes and the lack of a fan do help for better airflow.
It's also about the peace of mind of not having to worry about another moving part breaking or making noise at some point.