Just wait for the aftermarket cards bros

just wait for the aftermarket cards bros

Attached: 1496228963451.png (653x726, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czHvAhG4xTc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8Bco0dk6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been waiting for months to upgrade my damn gpu, what am I going to need to wait for when the aftermarket cards come out?

I got memed by Jow Forums into waiting for 3 years to buy a gpu
dont listen to waitfags

>upgrading before late 2020
>"upgrading" to AMD
lol

>not waiting for Nvidia 7nm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: cnt.gif (245x212, 706K)

Never buy a blower card, had to mod my 670 back in the days because the noise was unbearable.

It's still going to cost you $800+ because Nvidia is never going to lower their prices.

Is there any word on when aftermarket cards are landing?
5700xt looks like a great deal... if it was cooled properly.

Comparable amd garbage won't be meaningfully cheaper. Their only worth are the open source loonix drivers but intel beats them there.

That's okay. Spending $800 every few years is perfectly reasonable. Still rocking my overclocked 1080 Ti from early 2017 that shits on any AMD poorfag trash, and next year I'll upgrade to the 3080 Ti that will outperform AMD trash until 2023. This is objectively the smartest, most logical and best value upgrade path.

Attached: cohle.gif (245x298, 2.41M)

"Sources" say mid August.

Intel makes graphics cards now?

Except 2080ti is 1200$ so if the trend continues it will be 1600 for 3080ti.
GL my friend

i bought the 5700xt and have had no issues with noise or heat after mostly battlefield 4 and ark survival evolved

>refrence cards hitting 2.2ghz on watercooling
>thinks that is not prudent to wait for better cards since we know what they can do

Is there an actual reason why AMD decides to release their card as blower-only with other manufacturers having to wait a goddamn month?
I still don't even understand why reference models need to be blowers at all. They're not the standard, they're only better in very particular niches like someone building in some micro box or some shit with no air space

Spending over $1000 for frames is not smart, logical, or a good value.

>poorfag cope

those who buy apple, nvidia, high end computers for games and other expensive electronics are the real poorfags, only the wealthiest purchase midgrade or low end stuff or wait for sales. Reference warren buffet's current living situation.

t. nigger-rich. It's called frugality

just when you thought the cope couldn't get more embarrassing.

>$1000
>nigger rich
I spend that much on fights monthly.

Yeah if you have to wait more than 3-6 months, don't wait just buy whatever is good now. More so than just "don't wait", it's "don't wait for AMD" because they always overhype and underdeliver

*flights

Just installed my 3600x and a 5700XT, i bet your still running 14nm parts in your PC. What are you, poor? stop being a 14nmlet, hypercuck
t. 7nm chad

>Just installed my 3600x and a 5700XT
>poor and stupid
>proud of it

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (4096x2731, 674K)

because amd has partners that all they do is to release only amd cards
2 actually xfx and sapphire

but why force them to wait a month?

800 for RTX 3060

You're throwing away time and money on something that won't improve your quality of life.
Unless you do video editing or coin mining there is no reason to upgrade every year.
Valid reasons are as follows:
-a game requires more gram
-you have a monitor that isn't being pushed to it's potential by frames or by resolution
-you want to upgrade your monitor to a higher frame rate or resolution that your current card can't handle
-you want to play VR as smoothly as possible
If you upgrade for any other reason you're a retard and should waste your money elsewhere.

Shouldn't a Morpheus 2 work?

mid August

That's going to be like 8 months from now at least

>>Comparable amd garbage won't be meaningfully cheaper.
It's already almost half price

Attached: Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-FPS-1920x1080-DX12-Ultra-4.png (892x532, 99K)

but it is cooled properly, because navi runs nice and cool and you can also undervolt it

5700 does, but the 5700xt can hit temps that the cooler just plain can't handle and can end up thermal throttling if you got a bad roll with the silicon lottery. Gamer Nexus has some videos about this.
Still going to wait for an after market card since the Navi line does have some really nice features I want like it's video encoding engine which blows Nvidia's out of the water.

but gpu video encoding is terrible quality

Its a totally new encoding engine, the quality has gone up substantially, can do multiple encoding streams at once, and also supports H265 encoding too.
There are a few reviews out showing side by side screenshots, but unfortunetly not too many review sites are giving it attention, even AMD themselves are not really pimping it as a selling point which I don't get in the era of streaming.

I don't know why people are overeating to AMD's shitty coolers. I always buy AIB, going stock is such a bad decision most of the time.

Attached: No_fun_allowed.jpg (593x647, 133K)

>Nvidia 7nm
We won't be seeing that until H2 2020 tho. If AMD does like Zen and jumps process nodes with every new architecture, we could be seeing AMD having the process advantage for the coming years.

cope fag

Attached: chrome_ZNBZ0mpJ2W.png (1266x705, 397K)

Question. Do AMD cards have any real Linux support? They didn't back when it was ATI, but maybe they do now? I'm thinking of ditching Windows, so I gotta know.

Attached: 2f0e9f672c5b2252cea15a9520724a3d.jpg (736x435, 40K)

>just wait for the actual Ryzen release bros
7/7 was a lie, the 3900X will be shipped by the end of the month in Germany. Fuck AMD.

1080Ti here , I won't upgrade until they release a card that is at least triple or double the performance. Look at the jump from Maxlel to Pascal, that was significant. Pascal to Turing was very underwhelming and a huge flop in my opinion.

Thats the shitty website you bought from selling product they didn't actually have, not AMD's fault. Shits well in stock in the US.

there is no single website in Germany that has the 3900X, kys.

>kys.
Na, life is good being able to get whatever I want, whenever I want.
Your 3900x will be outdated garbage by the 3950x by the time it shows up.

Attached: 1464129406768.jpg (442x239, 61K)

Much much better then the days of old. For GCN cards its very good at this point, but I'd hold off on Navi if you're looking for good linux support, thats still probably a year away realistically unless you want to pay to beta test.

current ones are fine though.
youtube.com/watch?v=czHvAhG4xTc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8Bco0dk6Q

>duckduckgo

There are two opengl drivers and two vulkan drivers. Each come with different pros and cons, but AMD is definitely usable.

its probably like the RVII cards. I have one and pretty much anyone can get god tier cooling by:

1) adding some washers (doesnt work for all)
2) sanding/reapplying thermal (requires some autism to do)

What's "good"?
I just wanna program with redshift on, and preferably high refresh rate

better linux support than novideo
when is the fucking last time you used them, 2005?

obviously they support 144hz/240hz/etc...but i dont know why you'd need that for text or moving shit around on a screen

I got spoiled and now 60hz looks really stuttery