Why hasn't Jow Forums started fabricating memristors?

Why hasn't Jow Forums started fabricating memristors?

Attached: Memristor 2014-2022 (2).jpg (790x610, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbar_latch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As it will end it creating only company logo like always.

probably same reason they aren't fabricating GPUs

Not enough wood screws?

90 percent have no idea how to do it, the remaining 10 percent know it is impossible with home tech.

Are memristors even real? I remember some hype about it years ago but it but never heard about them again.

Kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbar_latch

Me too, as soon as i read "memristors" i got this flash of old memories from 2007 about tech websites memeing that memristors are going to be the next paradigm in computing

>memeristors

My fucking stepfather sold my 14nm semiconductor fab because it took too much space in the garage. Why does he need three Mustangs anyway?

Memristors don't exist for real. They're like fusion or quantum computers. Theory gone wild. There's a reason we have engineers

fucking boomers

HP Labs was behind the big push for Memristors. They claimed that their Memristor was a fundamental circuit like a capacitor. This however was proven to be 100% absolutely false.
The device they described in detail wasn't a unique circuit element, it was in fact just a variation of phase change memory, theirs being comprised of two different types of titanium leveraging electron drift.

HP created an entire OS for this. It was meant to be their next server platform that was going to storm the market after Moonshot. They were even collaborating with intel on an optical interconnect with super high bandwidth. It never hit the market. It faded into obscurity, completely forgotten now.

Isn't it because they could never manufacture them in scale

HP and Hynix tried to mass produce them back in 2012, and nothing materialized from that effort.

No, the structure is absurdly simple. The original hold up was intel's optical controllers took longer than predicted, then intel couldn't deliver enough of them for HP's needs. Though while all of this was happening a lot of their claims were being totally refuted and deconstructed in academic circles. Its likely that they never achieved the level of performance they first predicted though.

mom took my 14nm fab away two weeks ago that fucking whore

Did that OS have a name? Sounds like interesting reading

Because I'm not trying to publish some meme oxide sandwich on advanced materials.

I vaguely remember them promising like terabytes of the stuff in one server, as a huge pool of unified nonvolatile main memory.
I think eventually they gave up and made one with just a shitload of normal RAM instead, and then quietly killed the project after.

>global market of $79 million by 2022
Does the fab cost ten billion dollars? That'd be why.

I just did the development, we just need a logo. Who can make one?

Attached: E3955C28-5B8C-4B5B-9310-792CCFA6ACF8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

Why did you draw it upside down?

Why does every Jow Forums story always sound so fake?
>muuhh cavemen who burn technology and kill science.

Wow, this is definitely the most cringe image I've seen here for a LONG time.

The federal law of manufacturing and distribution of electronics for mass usage
The law is so thing of the subtlety and usage that we have no chase

You must live in a flyover

Iphone did it, sorry.
Is it really cringe? I think it is okayish...