Sql

just became oca certified and passed my 1z0-071. What entry/junior sql jobs would accept me?

Attached: kisspng-microsoft-sql-server-mysql-database-logo-5b098c6ebad6d7.7316225815273524307653.jpg (900x420, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18442941
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Starbucks Barista

>SQL
Did they just defrost you?
You'll only find jobs working in legacy systems, user.
Everything these days is NoSQL due to web scaling requirements.
Nothing new is being made in SQL.

well more like oracle sql

people really cant find jobs as an oracle certified associate?

shit. back to the drawing board

SQL is brilliant and still the most popular, most highly tooled way of storing data, that has a standard syntax for accessing it, and can be used by non-programmers.

It's also based of the relational algebra and normal forms, which are a great theoretical basis.

NoSQL has good use cases, but it's definitely not better than SQL for general purpose data storage where you don't know how your going to query it or want to query it in multiple different ways.

> a strongly opinionated way of storing data is for people who don't know how they will store their data.

Attached: xNJZLcU[2].jpg (361x341, 28K)

>nosql
That garbage was laughed out of the industry years ago.
>web scaling with something that doesn't fucking scale at all
HAHAHAH, god, just stop pretending like you know anything.

I’ve been working in sql for last decade and have yet to find anything as comfy for general purpose data analysis... but this posst now has me scared...

Don't listen to this user. He's totally clueless. SQL is still 100x more popular than any nosql simply because it's better unless you're at FAANG scale. You won't get there. Don't worry about nosql.

Don't know how they will QUERY their data. If you keep your shit in at least third normal form, you'll be able to query anything efficiently.

Oracle DB is dying a slow death and rightfully so.

>Press S to spit on Oracle Database's grave
S

I don't know what that even is, but there are plenty of jobs with a variety of RDBMSs and other NoSQL type engines. Some where that's your main responsibility, others where it's just a skill.

Reminder that this is the state of the Oracle Database and that this is the job of people working on it.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18442941

Attached: 1563127335978.gif (267x200, 727K)

> NoSQL
> web scaling requirements
GAY

So what would you recommend then? I don’t mind working for now and switching since most of what I learned is ansi sql so I won’t have too much of a problem.

Postgres is the go-to foss database for smart people. If you're questionably retarded you can use MariaDB. If there's no doubt, use MySQL.
As for the paid options, the only one I can recommend is Microsoft SQL Server. There are sometimes reasons to use a paid option, but 99.9% of the time you can just use Postgres and be done with it.

How is NoSQL useful for anything other than migrating Big Data to SQL?

This. Oracle is dog shit. PostGres for FOSS, MS SQL Server for paid. Or MySQL if you just really want to.

I am actually very familiar with Postgres. It was my first before I wanted my oca. What certifications do you recommend?

I have no degree or work experience. But I have gotten job offered for just having sql on my resume but they usually ask me for certifications and tell me to get some if nothing else before I could work in any space. I dropped Postgres and just took Oracle. I actually prefer Postgres. Any good places to learn? I got introduced in a Udemy course

>Certifications
Who the fuck asks for these? Maybe it's because I have a degree in software eng and some years of experience, but nobody has ever said
>You have x on your resume, got any certs to back that up?
I'd probably tell them to go fuck themselves in an extremely polite way if asked some inane shit like that.

Sometimes they as for certs but usually that's cause they specialize in certain fields.

I had to get a cert for spring security and there are like 200 certifications in all for spring.
They need that, cause they developed some fingerprint technology to access data through a website.

And better get your certs from Oracle if its for Oracle DB.
Usually you have to be somewhere in your capital city of your state or country to take some lessons and take a exam.

yeah i did. I prefer postgres but i ultimately went for oracle. Got my oracle certified associate badge by passing the 1z0-071. I legitimately studied for it instead of using brain dumps

Also, I was looking to get into security after securing a steady job. Any recommendations?

It varies you can go into encryption, or just how to implement and manage accounts with security levels with tokens for example, that's just for web-security.
It pays a lot if you are very specialized.

Spring offers a lot of jobs if you are into JVM languages.

>NoSQL

Attached: 564.png (753x960, 21K)