What do I lose by having social media account

Dear Jow Forums.

I heard numerous times about dangers of having social media accounts like Facebook or Instagram. Profiling, data collection and the like. I don't have such accounts but I keep hearing that I will need one.

Im doing photography and own my own little website for hosting galleries. But whenever I contact somebody, physically ir by email, in this subject, they often react with surprise or even suspicious to the fact, that I don't own at least FB account. Whenever somebody upload photos I give them, they list me as author but never post link to my site - always in form of "tag". I often hear complains like "I couldn't find you on FB" and so on. /cgl/ outright calls photographers without FB or Instagram "suspicious" or "creepy" while /p/, not content with how FB handles photos and advising uploading their stuff on private sites is well aware of contact possibilities that social platform provide.

Should I break in and do it, Jow Forums? Is there a way to minimize the damage? Would, for example, using laptop browser instead of desktop (main PC) one and keeping the profile fully professional good enough? What does the fitting do anyway, is it related to browser or IP?

Thank you for any advice or help. Im confused about all of that.

Attached: social-network-characters.jpg (1280x874, 332K)

not posting the true wikipedia

Attached: wikipe-tan.jpg (163x310, 9K)

The only use of social media is work related.
Your work related accounts don't have to have anything personal in them, so there's little danger in them, they're just advertisement and contact information.

It does have some personal info like name, phone number, basic contact info.

I was wondering if FB use other data collected by browser for its own use.

I have one to satisfy my normalfag friends but I hardly use it. Don't have any other social media accounts. I suppose just having one is already a lot of information if your friends love to make status updates and upload pictures and mention that you're in them. But fuck it. Whatever.

I gave up on this tinfoil faggotry months ago and nothing much has changed except youtube recommending me endless anime memes and google search results trying to sell me tires for my old hyundai.

You can host your own social media site. No need to fear for your privacy then. Look up Mastodon or Pleroma.

Where’s duck go go?

I want to motorboat Yahoo's yahoos

>tfw blind mute loli story will never be finished

Attached: 1561933989597.jpg (800x800, 102K)

Shouldn't that picture be more like this.

Attached: Real shit.jpg (1280x874, 394K)

So profiling does work.

My question is - how it finds out? Does it analyze your overall web activity via your browser or it only knows what you give it, like posting private photos or analyzing keywords from your conversations?

So what user said is overall true? Is such use if social media safe? Or even if using separate browser for that, I still cant be safe?

You only need linkedin, and that's only for employment reasons. Everything else is pointless and a waste of time.

>blind mute loli story
what did you mean?

Pretty much if you have an ad blocker with tracker filters enabled.

>discovering he draws hardcore loli-shota art

Attached: 1541663723026.jpg (681x705, 54K)

I do. Firefox with uBlock Origin and all filters enabled.

Or should I rather use entirely separate browser? I don't think Vivaldi have uBlock...

Really nice changes user!
I especially like how you swapped Facebook and Instagram. I think it's more accurate

The dangers of social media are not in the content or the privacy it's what it does to your brain and perception of reality.

And what it does? Please explain.

This guy should be for wikipedia

Attached: Steven-Pruitt.jpg (620x349, 23K)

steam a cute