It's not fair bros... this was supposed to become the most popular distro

It's not fair bros... this was supposed to become the most popular distro

Attached: solus.png (512x512, 32K)

Never once did I think it would/should.

Manjaro rightfully took that spot.

This. At least it's based on something that has a large community, just like Mint is based on Ubuntu. The two green M's are the best distros for desktop use. Solus never stood a chance.

fuck off kevin

It's shit. They refuse to include stable software if it hasn't had a release within their shitty timeframes. mpDris2 is stable, it doesn't need more releases, nor does mpdscribble (unless last.fm vastly overhauls how scrobbles are done). But they won't include them.

Ubuntu/Debian includes them, Fedora too. Why can't Solus? Oh right muh bleeding edge.

What happened?

It was basically a one man show with Ikey Doherty (known asshole) running both Budgie and Solus development. Then he had a nervous breakdown or something and wasn't heard from in a couple months. The future of Solus was in doubt, but now it's maintained by maintainers instead of one man with a vision. It's only a matter of time before it is kill.

I am thinking of joining as a developer. I really like the distro. I worked with them two years ago but yeah. Ikey was a asshole. But now he's gone and the distro has huge potential

Who?

You should do that user.

Stop using garbage operating systems. Start using windows.

>Stop using garbage operating systems. Start using windows.
Make your mind up.

budgie sucks dick

I'm using it daily, you can help make it better by simply attracting more people to the community

I love budgie fuck off

no, the other user is right, Budgie sucks dick with a capital D like all other DEs made with GTK

Budgie is quite nice.

I'm not into gaming so it's not my cup of tea but's a good distro with a nice UI.

Their forum is absolute shit.
>Try to boot from USB on laptop that is comparable with Solus according to their documentation
>Shit won’t boot at all, just a flickering cursor appears on screen
>Ask the forums
>Barely any responses, dead as fuck
>BoOt iN lEgAcY mOdE
>My laptop can only boot in legacy mode
>ArE yOu UsInG tHe cOrReCt UsB pOrT?

Garbage forum.

rip antergos
it will live on (reborn os fork joined forces with antergos community)

>mpd fags
Buy your music and run cmus like a real man twinkboy.

its hardly the first time this has happened with distros that continued. didn't something similar happen with void?

open source projects need a lead asshole to keep tranny patches out
see the linux kernel

I use mpd to play tracks that i legally acquired through piracy, free downloads, and legally bought music. i don't see how my choice of music player makes me gay. I'm used to mpd+ncmpcpp and I don't care to change to cmus unless you explain why it's better.

isn't void basically on life support?

Attached: 1371610237180.gif (350x357, 2.81M)

cmus is a socket based single program as compared to mpd+nvmpcpp, mpd stacks attain performance on pajeet hardware because you can plug the daemon into unix cmd tools and then into your part time online radio shows tools as well. If you are listening to music in a first world country on a single desktop, run cmus, if you need to share it's session, learn how sockets work. mpd is for posing twinkboys who powerbottom for pajeet radio stars.

installed it, didn't show up on my desktop sound menu. turns out ubuntu packages 2.7 and they only added this "new and amazing" feature in 2.8. So I downloaded the release for 2.8 and compiled and installed it. well, it says the option is enabled, but it doesn't work. Seems like cmus is the gay one here. I'll just stick with what works.

kevin

imagine being kevin

> shills a simple budgie based distro so hard he irrates all of Jow Forums
> drops it dead the instant his mum buys him a mac
> solus is now a total meme

I have been using this for over a year, works perfectly all the time. This is the best and most stable OS I've used.

In my opinion it is a great diestro. I use it for about two yearhs and its amazing

enjoy your 5GB Qt libraries

Burn the iso with dd.

Solus is shit but Budgie is great. I use Arch + Budgie.

Attached: 61987333_p0.jpg (2048x1358, 385K)

I burned the iso with dd from both MacOS and Linux on two different USB sticks and neither none of them worked. That iso is just fucked. It’s literally the only distro i couldn’t get to boot at all.

Linux+Coreutils+Gnome
Into the trash it goes.

it was sponsored by hillary clinton, so it's a good thing it didn't, it would delete all your email

It died with Ikey.

Ikey left so obviously it died.

This. I still use it, but the switch to QT for budgie has been halted. It works fine, but I am just not excited about it anymore. Just end up coming back to it because it is the best outside of printer support.

Heartbreak builds character, Kevin.
Life goes on. Time heals all wounds.

redpill me on ikey

he was a good dictator for Solus and Budgie and got stuff done, but he was an asshole. Solus still shows a lot of his asshole tendencies, like not packaging things that aren't brand new as of a week ago, and general cockiness. Now that he's gone the project is floundering, maintained by "maintainers" with none of the vision that Ikey had.

>Setting strict (and sensible) guidelines and abiding them so you can get relevant work done makes someone an asshole

Ikey was going to move Budgie to Qt.. What could have been..

>MANjaro
>using a distro that actively supports sexism
I hope you're fired.

>not including useful stable software, forcing your users to compile it themselves
>having an extremely shitty package manager that can't do the equivalent of 'apt autoremove'

the absolute buttblasted state of solus

>isnt void basically on life support?
no, the creator came back from what i understand, but it was being maintained by the community while he was gone, Void is still very much alive

>Kevin got a Mac and that was the end of Solus
Is there a story with a happier ending?

Where is ikey ?

Where is Ikey?
Where is Ikey?
Here I am!
Here I am!
How are you today sir?
Very well and thank you
Run away
Run away

>best distros for desktop use
explain why should I use them over other distros

you wont get one, but you should install Bentōō

Attached: bentoo-linux-alt-1.png (1600x680, 121K)

So-loose

Attached: IMG_20160523_231939.jpg (245x206, 10K)

Ubuntu users don't even think about you.