Suppose you're a developer and you're changing jobs...

Suppose you're a developer and you're changing jobs, but before you go you want to leave a little 'fuck you present' in the codebase. What are my options?

For example, for an iOS or Android app

Attached: DIYThonk.png (600x600, 31K)

Just literary shit on their desk or similar stuff. In the trash can so they don't notice it immediately.

Extra spaces at random intervals.

yeah but I wanna shit on the code.

I was thinking of re-encoding the files text format to be windows-like instead of unix-like. that outta show em...

can easily be fixed with 1 auto-reformat code action

You'll never get away with it unless you're the sysadmin and you're in cahoots with whoever approves your code

if I could somehow trick the CR bot to allow me to merge into development without the required +1s then it can easily be done lol.

>>yeah but I wanna shit on the code.

Attached: 1553513289180.png (1080x1920, 838K)

specifically I want to shit in the bits.

Why? What's wrong with your company? Just because you are moving jobs doesnt mean you have to screw with shit. Be a good person

>destroying company property before you leave
Good way to get sued and become unemployable

Try to plant a backdoor and get arrested.

This job would otherwise be perfect but the reason Im leaving is because my team is a bunch of fuckwits and they're holding me back. Im just returning the favor before I leave

they would have to prove its intentional and not accidental. bugs slip in by accident all the fucking time

>my team is a bunch of fuckwits and they're holding me back

Welcome to the real world. Don't be so assblasted over inconveniences. No one is entitled a paved trail of success.

Pro tip, it’s not the team holding you back.

it is the team. I used to work as a solo contractor before this and had like 10x the output. Im not even exaggerating. It takes me months to do what should take weeks simply because of a poorly functioning team.

just hand in something you wrote

Add something that breaks their app store's TOS.
Wait a bit and report them for it.

hey what if I add copyrighted libraries then report them. it'd point back to me, but I was an employee at the time so it could be chocked up to an accident through managerial oversight

are you a 10x engineer?

Embed some kind of interpreter. Last I checked that's a guaranteed delist from the apple store

%: define false (rand() & 0xF == 0)

refactor some properties to unreadable garbage and adds some bugs.

* something that only breaks on leapyears
* floating-point rounding errors
* if you're in some shit like ruby, override common operators to introduce subtle bugs
* behavior which is different when your test harness is connected

>* behavior which is different when your test harness is connected

lol thats a good one for a back-end bug. destroyer of APIs