Retard AMD engineers

Why not put the fucking chipset where the southbridge used to be on AM3 motherboards? You could have a huge heatsink without a 6000 RPM fan that wouldn't interfere with idiot GPU graphics cards

Attached: AE2953.jpg (1000x694, 143K)

>expecting quality from the budget brand

If you want quality buy intel.

I think you’re putting the blame on the wrong party.

Blame the idiots who designed that motherboard. It wasn't AMD.

Pretty sure it has to do with distance to the PCIe slots. The bottom slot would be too far away for a good PCIe 4.0 link with the chipset way up there.

>Gigabyte isn't quality
try again nigger

>amdfag thinks gigabyte is quality

lol

>why yes I do in fact want to kill all CPU cooler compatibility just as I release my 12 and 16 core consumer CPUs

then why not use one of these heatsinks? This way, the chipset could stay where it is. Just run a heatpipe out of harm's way of GPU interference and add some finstack at the end

Attached: sk41_heatpipe[1].jpg (600x571, 25K)

or why not mount the chipset on the backside and slap a huge surface area heatsink on it?

Attached: plate[1].jpg (600x266, 41K)

there are PCI lanes going through there

weak bait

Or why not cut a hole in the board and suspend the chipset in the middle for double cooling?

Why not have a bigger board with a special place for the chipset?

because ample amount of air flows through there and a overall "center" of the board is the most logical placement to cool the board from all over rather than a specific area to negate warping

good idea

why not make a chipset that doesn't draw 15 fucking watts

Because that's prime position for an m.2 slot.

>why not make a chipset that requires 15W for the features it has not require 15W

Just buy it goy

>"Retard AMD engineers"
>it's written Gigabyte on the MB

>I don't understand what I read
-the post

AMD gives the chipset designs and other things to companies, it's then up to the vendors like gigabyte to do things like tweaks/layout changes/feature adds/cooling/etc.

AMD doesn't do more than provide the important parts, it's then up to the vendors to decide how to build shit out.

Want to see really bad cooling and chipset performance, look at intel boards produced by intel. Some of those POS's run with some of the worst cooling possible.