Your opinion please

I was wondering your opinion about a program called Send Anywhere. I've been using it recently and I think it's great for sending people large files. Thoughts?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1000x800, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

send-anywhere.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You basically waive away all your right and privacy by using it.
Feel free to use it if cuckoldry is your fetish.

I use it. its super convenient for getting a file from any device to any device. you can send your phone a file, or vice versa, or to your friends phone without actually having to hook it up.

the best part is you can upload/download as a guest over the web site.

the phone & desktop apps are kinda bloated and ugly, I dont use them

cont.
just use this send-anywhere.com/
if ur on mobile then make sure Request Desktop Site is checked cuz the mobile site just redirects you to the shite app

Could you or anyone else expand on this a bit?

you're sending a file to them and they can literally do anything with the file you give them.
its probably in the TOS somewhere.

this just means that you shouldnt use it for sensitive data if you're paranoid. if youre sending memes and bullshit then you're fine. if you're sending resumes or text documents with names, addresses, emails, phone #s, thats bad. encrypt that shit in a RAR

If that is the only issue I'm not worried because I'm not sending that sort of thing.

You can do the same with syncthing, KDE connect and Share to Computer.

Reminds me of Firefox Send but shitier

You can send files with WhatsApp.

You can literally just send files over LAN, you don't need this garbage

You need to have an IQ of 60 or higher to post here

For local file sharing (e.g. using wifi direct) I recommend TrebleShot which is FOSS
But it doesn't let you upload files over the internet afaik

>You can do the same with syncthing, KDE connect and Share to Computer.

except use the application without downloading anything.

sendanywhere can be used entirely from your browser, even on your phone

its 2019 and my windows machine still wont talk to my mac. I used to just do FTP transfers but its more trouble than a single file upload & 6 digit code input

>can be used entirely from your browser
Which you have to download. If you have a fucking internet connection then might as well download share to computer, only the uploader needs it and it doesn't leave any trace on any server since it's direct sharing.

>Which you have to download

what are you talking about? I dont have to download any apps to use sendanywhere.

Unless you're talking about downloading a browser onto your phone... if so please confirm before I call you retarded

Nobody uses the default browser. That's my point.
You also have to register to use send with more people or for a longer duration, and I'd rather put a 12MB app on my phone (which is much faster than having to load a bunch of js in a browser) than register to a service where my privacy isn't guaranteed unless I inconvenience myself and others into using a separate app to encrypt/decrypt files.
Send is ok if you want to share non-private shit with people that aren't next to you, but as soon as you're on the same network there's no reason to use it over STC, and there's definitely no reason to use it over KDE connect on devices you own since it's useful for things other than file sharing and should be something that's already on your phone/PC.

>Nobody uses the default browser. That's my point.

you're acting like you dont have a browser on your phone right now. EVERYONE HAS ONE and they will work with sendanywhere

>You also have to register to use send with more people or for a longer duration

you dont have to do shit. you can anonymously upload and download without downloading a single app or seeing a single ad

>I'd rather put a 12MB app on my phone
LOL werent you just talking shit about putting apps on your phone? Like wasnt that your exact point just last point? oh my god im wasting my time with you

This is only an issue for non-iPhone users.

>you're acting like you dont have a browser
Learn to read. I said default browser. And no, my main phone doesn't have a browser since I use it exclusively for communication.
>werent you just talking shit about putting apps on your phone
Jesus fuck, learn to read. You don't need an app unless you're the SENDER. The point is that people don't need anything other than a browser or fm to get a file over STC.