You have been seeding your torrents, haven't you?

You have been seeding your torrents, haven't you?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-17 00-50-01.png (387x373, 27K)

never, not even one MB
I delete the torrent right after it's finished downloading

Attached: 424958.png (888x894, 653K)

No but the DOD has

Attached: dod.jpg (1482x604, 235K)

could someone help? even if it uses less memory and CPU, I'm having issues with rttorrent. shits sometimes hangs like crazy. transmission-daemon works fine. it's on a headless gentoo.

/thread

Attached: fuck_niggers.gif (330x300, 48K)

Attached: take-what-you-can-give-nothing-back-pirates-of-the-11274095.png (500x621, 195K)

I wish I had fiber-to-the-premise

Attached: 1545584685399.png (169x456, 6K)

Yeah. Worth it for actual private trackers and I wouldn't use my fibre's upload otherwise.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.33.43 PM.png (438x325, 37K)

What am I looking at exactly?

How do you have 11 years of running time?

Attached: Untitled.png (492x429, 13K)

Its some meme website that tracks what torrents were downloaded by your IP. It only works on public torrents like Piratebay and shit and even then it only shows a small percent of what you torrented. Btw, your IP is not enough for anyone to incriminate you for copyright violation so this site is pure retardation.

Interesting, the more you know. I wonder if the BitTorrent protocol could be replaced with something with more anonymity.

So you have (while downloading).

Use a client which allows you to set upload speed to 0.

Just pair it with a cheap proxy (better for speeds) and youre good. As long as the ip in the swarm isnt yours nobody will bother you.

>always torrent on laptop because I'm too lazy to connect to my server
>tell myself I'll seed
>run out of space
>shift completed torrents to server
>tell myself I'll seed them on there
>never do

>set it to zero
>client considers that unrestricted upload speed

No.

Attached: utrrnt.png (152x33, 1K)

Meaning your client is garbage

>set it to zero
>stops sending packets out
>can't communicate with other clients
>no-one sends you anything
>"Meaning your client is garbage, that should only refer to data from the files themselves uploaded to other clients!"

My download is roughly 300kb/s and upload 20 kb/s.
Is there even point ?

Only on private trackers. Whenever I'm downloading shit from public trackers I just stop the torrent after I finished downloading. Local laws explicitly state that you cannot go to jail if you download shit - a fine at most. You are a criminal if you actively share (seed) the files though. Not that the local police gives a shit about pirating but just to be safe. Eastern yurop has its benefits

Rarely, but if the content is good/rare enough and comes from a good person I might consider it

I mean, why not? Otherwise my connection would be idling and I don't mind sharing. Especially when it's a torrent with like 2 other seeders.

Attached: Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-17 um 13.05.55.png (678x676, 60K)

What? Just restrict the upload speed. this should not influence connectivity.

M8, if it can't send packets to other clients, how is it supposed to request they send you packets?

Rent seedbox

>Seeding
Neverrrr. Leechlife is best life.

Go away, stinky commies.

>The Good Doctor
Why is the dod seeding that?

I said 'restrict upload speed to 0', which obviously refers to the content you're downloading. Sendig requests is of course still necessary.

If you live in e.g. switzerland (e.g. me), downloading movies is legal, but uploading is not. If you only send requests but not parts of the movie, you're doing nothing illegal.

You are aware that you're uploading stuff while you download, that you already have downloaded?

You are like a little baby. I seeded 6TB on a 200GB retropie image over a weekend.

If no one uploads you don't get your files.

Your behavior fails the Categorical Imperative. "What if everyone did it?"

Of course...

But it was said in
That the torrent is deleted after downloading. So if you don't want to seed, do it right.

only really on my vps

Attached: 2019-07-18-022548_325x334_scrot.png (648x334, 35K)

if you set transmission to 0, it uploads nothing (not including overhead)
i use this on my home connection, i haven't been sent any letters since switching to transmission

Attached: 2019-07-18-023404_238x87_scrot.png (238x87, 5K)

Nah.

Torrents upload as they're downloading.

somewhat

Attached: file.png (314x340, 16K)

I seed them until I see them go above 1.0 (as in the first time I notice that they have, sometimes seeding them over 1.0 because I don’t check on it) unless it’s a torrent that is otherwise dead but perpetually seeded.

leaked screenshot of the control panel the FBI has (since 2009) to track your torrent downloads

Attached: gj.jpg (386x454, 48K)

>1.71 tb/up
Weak shit, I’m already at 100+ tb uploaded on my Seedbox
Faggot go back to /t/

Yes I have!

Attached: firefox_2019-07-17.png (490x402, 18K)

I'm a pirate, not Robin Hood.

pls respond

Attached: 1562895694192.jpg (2039x2894, 3.24M)

yeah but i only really torrent animus these days. i just leave them be until i run out of disk space since i'm using rss and but i haven't ran out of space in a while since there haven't been a whole lot of good shows lately.