Attached: AMDlol.jpg (1019x345, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-mp600-pcie-4-nvme-ssd-review,1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but isn't it x8 4.0 which is x16 3.0?

effectively yes

that is pretty shit.
but, no one does SLI anymore tho

Are you retarded? Only HEDT Platforms have enough lanes for that.

intel goys are seething

Attached: clutching-at-straws.jpg (332x477, 14K)

SLI is dead you retard. NVLink is a direct replacement. kil lyourself.

I mean theoretically you could add a PLX chip to get more lanes. There used to be some boards that did that way back when. But thanks to the criminal racketeering operation that is patent law, one company got control of the whole market for those chips, and the price went up from like $20-$30 to about $200, ensuring that they only ever appear on server boards.

>AMD can't x16 SLI
damn, those Israelis can't even create a corrent sentence.

Attached: faggot.jpg (720x1280, 200K)

>SLI
So why exactly would I want two GPUs in there? I don't work with AutoCAD or something and it's just a meme in games. Also I believe it's called Crossfire instead of SLI.

this is traditionally what SLI does anyway.

Only nforce chipsets supported x16, x16. Also intel desktop processors even have less lanes.

wait, can Intel do x16 SLI on their consumer chips?

>SLI
Who?

no, intel has 20 pcie lanes on their consumer platform and amd 24.

>x8/x8
Isn't that normal for mainstream CPUs?
Iirc Intel mainstream cpus have 16 pcie lanes, so sli would be x8/x8, and everything else on pcie has to share bandwidth.

Hmmmm

Attached: pcie-lanes-ashes-dx12.png (707x313, 11K)

What's your point?

Hahaha you fell for my bait. Thanks for the (you)s XD

Isn't that, normal?

did you answer his question?

You don't get more lanes. PLX is just a company that makes pcie lane switches.

Attached: db0.jpg (600x1104, 55K)

>bait
So you were only pretending to be gaytarded?

Yes, with first word. Then he explained why so.

>ashes
As in Ashes of the Singularity? If, so pls slit your own belly.

Only 16 pcie lanes are available though, and the rest are tied to specific tasks like storage, or igpu.

> coping this hard
> deflecting an argument to say that i should kill myself instead of discussing performance
I chose that game because it's a DX12 game, faggot.

>Coping
Using that "game" as a benchmark is a symptom of cope faggot.

So does intel, stupid shill
Only HEDT has enough PCIe lanes, buy threadripper, goy.
Oh and btw 8x PCIe 4.0 equals 16x PCIe 3.0 so intel is even worse.

Test it yourself to prove me wrong then. You know I'm right.

>GPU PCI lanes
>No games allowed
Ok, Copenhagen

You want me to buy Ashes of the Singularity?
No thanks.

except AMD uses crossfire instead of SLI, everybody in this thread is retarded

I fail to see your argument.

I fail to see your argument

Test it with any game or benchmark, you will barely see a difference.

>This level of originality
I see. You must be a chink paid poster.

>Had no argument
>Tries to make old memes relevant again
Your lack of cognitive thought isn't all that surprising

Then why did you even bother posting a shit game that nobody plays?

My argument was that using Ashes of Singularity as a benchmark is asinine.
What was your argument you tiny dick dog eating chinknigger?

>Why did you choose game that is one of the best in the industry at utilising CPU and GPU cores?
Gee, you tell me brainlet

Attached: pcie-lanes-gtav-4k.png (707x371, 14K)

>Muh posted a game designed to only improve and averages that nobody plays.
I wonder what the problem must be.

You should have led with this instead of aots.
Still bandwidth usages being similar on x16, and x8 isn't a new phenomena.

Autism

He said that aots is a dead game, so I posted a game that 85000 people are currently playing on steam, I chose aots because it is a game that has newer technologies such as dx12 rather than choosing gta v that still uses dx11.

>autism
You're just dumb.

>chose aots
You only chose aots, because it's best case possible for and hardware, and gn only proved what had been already been proved for over a decade.

>pcie lane switches
How do these work anyway?

>HAHA LOL AMD DROPPED SUPPORT FOR DVI

this is how you stupid you sound

But only if the GPU supports 4.0.

fair point

Just as it sounds. Very basic explanation they switch on, or off between the attached peripherals in order to share resources in this case pcie lanes.
>HAHA LOL AMD DROPPED SUPPORT FOR DVI
>this is how you stupid you sound
SLI, and nvlink would still use the same amount of lanes) bandwidth, so it's stupid to claim that the change in name, or technology affects the outcome.

The fact that use the same lanes doesn't mean they have the same technology you idiot. Jesus Christ.

The fact that they use the similar amounts of bandwidth, or lanes us the important part retard, especially when considering the topic of the thread.

Are you pretending to be retarded again user?

>using x game instead of y make a pretty load agnostic test more or less valid

Attached: fakeloser-Converted.jpg (691x653, 166K)

>using aots
There's no excuse for that user. Using bad rats as a benchmark would make even more sense since more people play that.

>Game performs better on and hardware = load agnostic, and programmed by geniuses
>Performs worse = bought out by all the kikes, and programmed by retards

>marketed nvidia goy actually thinks anyone uses sli but him
you love throwing away money dont you?

sounds like an nvidia problem to me

LOL

well considering Graphic cards don't really saturate PCI lanes with heavy data use, you can go all the way down to PCI-E 2.0 x4 before you see any significant performance hit. meaning PCI-E 1.0 x16 remains good enough for most of today's video cards (there is a measurable loss at pci1x16 but its not big (5% or so)

Didn't SLI become pointless with dx12?

You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to use SLI on the platform with the bigger CPU bottleneck. What are you going to do, still fail to get 165fps?

Anyone that uses sli is retarded anyway, same type of people that use AIO water cooler and this rgb bullshit. Kids.

Yeah, because AMD dropped multi-GPU support with the new Navi cards.

who gives a fuck about SLI
no one is using SLI
faggot
its not fucking 2005

x8 is normal for two cards. Find me a consumer grade motherboard that supports x16 CrossFireX/SLI I'll wait.

Really because I can still Crossfire just fine. Both AMD and Nvidia said they weren't going to support it and then did an about face.

No, the 5700 and 5700 XT both don't support conventional crossfire.

They only support multi-GPU via DX12's native implementation.

Honestly, I've never done SLI. Only use I could possibly have for 2 graphics cards (which prob doesn't even need sli) is doing GPU passthru on linux.

SLI has it's uses but it is only useful to like 1% of 1% of the market, it's for these types of people where single fastest available gpu on the market is not fast enough for whatever task at hand then you get second one while understanding all the flaws and limitations of SLI. I built a GTX 1080 SLI system back in 2016 to play witcher 3 and other demanding games in 4k 60 fps which was impossible on a single gpu back then. Not saying SLI is great but don't say it's worthless just because you are the 99% who has no use for it.

>limited to x8/x8
wasn't this already the case for Intel and AMD mainstream boards since forever?

Both X570 and Z390 support 24 PCIe lanes from the PCH, with another 16 from the CPU.

But X570 has PCIe 4.0, so technically it's twice the PCIe bandwidth, assuming your PCIe devices can operate at PCIe 4.0 speeds.

>from the PCH
The usable cpu lanes are what's important user.

Sounds like a problem for AMD too unless you buy their newest blower cards. lmao

>have half the lanes
>the lanes are 4 times as fast

Now we just wait for pcie4 hardware availability, and ignore the new CPUs, and choosers available then.

Yes, but again, with intel, you have x8/x8 at PCIe 3.0

With AMD (X570), you have x8/x8 at PCIe 4.0, which is equal to x16/x16 at PCIe 3.0 speeds.

Are there any X570 motherboards planned that would allow for x16/x16 PCIe 3.0 by way of x8/x8 PCIe 4.0?

not possible

But we won't have pcie 4.0 hardware until intel gets it, and then amd+intel+nvidia will all have better CPUs, and GPUs by then.

We already have GPUs and storage, what else matters for consumer level hardware?

We have pcie 4.0 GPUs, and storage?
I've been living under a rock user, so which ones are available?

The RX 5700/XT are both PCIe 4.0 GPUs, and you can literally just Google "PCIe 4.0 nvme" to get results. Here's a review I pulled from that very search: guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-mp600-pcie-4-nvme-ssd-review,1.html

>amd gpus
Oh, I'll pass, and wait until nvidia releases. I might even see what intel has on the GPU front by then.

shoudn't x16/x8 be possible on X570?

>shoudn't x16/x8 be possible
thats not how SLI works

No.

The PCIe lane distribution for the CPU is 24 lanes total, with 16 lanes dedicated to GPUs (either single at x16, or two at x8).

The other 8 lanes are used for PCH communication (4 lanes) and then 2 lanes for M.2 (32Gb/s). And the final 2 lanes are used for 4 USB 3.1 ports and audio I/O and shit.

Attached: 2019-07-17 14_59_27.png (715x743, 221K)

more like it's not fucking 1998

sli didn't exist then

It did just on 3dfx cards but you zoomers probably have no idea what 3dfx even is.

>SLI
kek. sli has been dead for years now.

Intel can't either, their mainstream CPUs don't have enough lanes. You also don't need 16 lanes for each card since Turing either, NVLINK has much higher bandwidth. You only needed the lanes in SLI with Pascal and older generations.

3dfx SLI and NVIDIA SLI only have the acronym in common, they're not the same technology and do not function in the same way. Old 3dfx SLI worked by having the cards render alternating scan lines while new NVIDIA SLI works by having cards render alternating frames.

Yes it does, SLI functions on x16/x8 setups.

8x PCI4 is better than 16x PCI3

yes

Intel can't do 2x16 sli on ANY of their consumer chips either, right? only enthusiast and server chips+ motherboards have more than 20 threads last time I checked.

Multi-GPU is dead anyway. It's pretty pointless when you can get a GPU for just about any resolution and framerate that will make it playable at least. Consumer platforms typically don't have enough PCIe lanes and you usually save money buying one faster GPU that you don't have to constantly fuck with to get it working with new games than buying two slower ones and having to deal with all that. A single GPU is usually going to be more efficient and put off less heat as well.

TL;DR multi-GPU for gaming is dead and it isn't coming back.