Just got one as a gift. Should I use it or not? Is it always listening/uploading data to Amazon...

Just got one as a gift. Should I use it or not? Is it always listening/uploading data to Amazon? Do you guys actually find it useful for anything?

Attached: alexa-index.jpg (268x188, 11K)

>why wouldn't you use it?

Attached: file.png (416x416, 314K)

>Just got one as a gift.

You're lying OP, you got it during the Amazon Prime days but you're too ashamed to admit it.

No, yes, and no.
I got gifted a few of these devices. Never used any of them. They're all in a closet. Somehow, relatives think just because I'm into tech, that I would putting a conspicious spying device and in my home

quality little speaker, i tend to just blutetooth to it and keep the mic muted because for the price of it its got a good sound

>implying it couldn't be a gift from the prime sale

Funny how these pieces of shit are being given out like candy. I ordered a free Google Home Mini because Google was giving them out for free to anyone with a Google One subscription but it's still in the box. Not sure what to do with it.

>mic muted

:^)

Put it in your ass.

>Do you guys actually find it useful for anything?
Yeah. Reselling.

You can practise public speaking, standup comedy, and mumblerap on Amazon employees. Sometimes they even leave reviews on your account.

I like how almost everyone that's so against these has a cellphone pointed at their face and on their person most of the day. It's no different, and arguably worse.

>there is this other thing that spies on you, so therefore you should let everyone else spy on you too, along with walking around naked with your windows wide open at night
stop this

It's been in the news just recently that employees listen to recordings. It's a listening device. Don't use it.

came here to post this

>enjoy being spied on 24/7
they can claim it doesn't listen to you all they want, it's a lie. if it doesn't listen to you 24/4 how can it hear when you DO communicate with it...

This logic is so shitty that it's almost women level logic.

>You're gonna be spied on and you're gonna pay for it!

Don't bother with these. The novelty wears off quickly. It's a device to build a profile on you and your family members.

Attached: 1521905300461.gif (429x592, 2.8M)

Don't use it. It's just as bad as the Amazon Home shit.
>boomer parents gifted me one because itds teknulogee
>mfw

>haha you use a spying device from one company you should use another one too
Beyond retarded

You'll probably get recommendations for anti diarrhea medication on amazon for the next three weeks.

Is it actually more intrusive than letting Amazon know what I read, though?

Attached: DMcNp-XXUAAGwd0.jpg (598x449, 34K)

I got one of the small ones yesterday, but idk what I even want to do with it. I use Bixby a bit for some stuff like setting timers but that's all the use I have for an assistant.

Attached: _107096445_20190513_190144_976700.jpg (624x447, 57K)

Tear it apart, reverse engineer it or alterntively,

Bring them into a field, grab some explosives and record yourself blowing them up, send video and debris to relatives.

>if you have a botnet, why are you against this other botnet?
>if you have a botnet, just have two :^)

>Should I use it or not?
No.

>Is it always listening/uploading data to Amazon?
Yes.

>Do you guys actually find it useful for anything?
.......you seriously ask that question?

> keep the mic muted
You can't do that. It says it is muted, but it actually isn't muted. Also, the speaker can act as a mic.

It's useful for shit you usually have to walk to, such as light switches, or tasks that are a hassle, like setting alarm clocks, timers, playing music, etc. If you live in a cuckbox where everything is within reach from your cuckseat it's mostly useless.