Will Zorin be the OS that drives a wedge between the normies and Windows10...

Will Zorin be the OS that drives a wedge between the normies and Windows10? Will it bring Linux to the forefront of Operating Systems? Will it be the OS that takes a huge dump on teh Arch user base?

zorinos.com/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=30BKvLCEdkQ

Attached: zorin.png (262x192, 4K)

no.

if it requires opening a terminal the answer is no

Not trying to shill this OS (secretly I don't know what to install) but here is pic related

Attached: Zorin_popu.png (1449x294, 33K)

why didn't you post Barnatt?

>it looks like a blue version of linux mint
exactly what are the benefits of using a desktop that comes with a blue theme preinstalled?

as far as i know, it's based on ubuntu, thus is has exactly the same features and software, thus rendering the argument for using it useless, unless you like the blue theme and want preinstalled games

>windows 10
Sorry what? You actually installed that creepy fucking garbage? What a fucking idiot. Imagine not even staying on windows 7.

Zorin is pretty decent, but the UI isn't that good.

>uses Gnome
No.

/thread

It's pretty shit, actually. Mint is better and more likely to stay.

MXlinux deserves that spot.

It's a good distro for Boomers, installed it on my dads PC and he doesn't do shit besides using Firefox and thanks to looking like Windows he has no big issues navigating the OS.

is not zorin the bond villain with the horses and the blimp?

Attached: a37ccbdb50ee589b89dbb4b8f81c236b.png (500x620, 472K)

>uses customized GNOME

Why not just use Cinnamon? I'm using it on Fedora and it's a suitable Windows lookalike with more features.

I haven't tried Zorin, but it appears they are charging $39SUD to download the ISO. Seems a whole lot worse than elementary OS's "pay what you want" scheme, which is already annoying. What are you paying for really? With Zorin and eOS you get a customized GTK desktop, and Zorin preinstalls wine, both on an Ubuntu LTS base.

I tried Deepin and thought it was interesting. They have their own desktop environment which can be installed on other distributions. But I got really bad screen tearing, so the nice blur effects wasn't worth it.

Attached: Zorin-OS-15-Default-Desktop.png (1368x768, 534K)

so it can like open word2016 documents and edit pictures in PhotoShop ? ??

will my son be able to play his ForknightE BattleRounds ?

>but it appears they are charging $39SUD to download the ISO
It's an ISO with a shitton of software in it for literal retards that don't know how to install it by themselves.
You are supposed to use either Zorin OS Core or Zorin OS Lite that are lower on Download page.

This. Cinnamon would need a million times less work to get it feel like windows. Thing is, they used to use cinnamon but then switched to GNOME for whatever reason. Their Xfce edition is better.
They charge for a "full edition" which is basically the core edition plus pre-installed software and games, which you can install yourself. I'm pretty sure nobody buys this except people who want to support the project. But, they also provide customer support or at least did so a few years back.

People who've never tried linux think OSs are one unique package and want the out-of-the-box experience.

I really don't get MXLinux, what's so great about it?

>secretly I don't know what to install
Install anything that is up to date. Don't listen to faggots who want to make GNU/Linux some cryptic OS, they're just trying to make their lives more interesting.

Actually calling it Zorin OS and marketing like they do is pretty smart. It would probably appeal to the masses more if they hid the fact that it was just GNU/Linux underneath, because people have assumptions about "Linux" and the difficulty of it.

I'd absolutely like to try an alternative desktop operating system (Not Windows, macOS, even GNU/Linux and *BSD qualify as mainstream for me). I'm thinking something like Haiku, or SkyOS in it's day, or TempleOS. But like usable as a desktop.

It's just that you need a certain amount of momentum in the ecosystem to make the system viable. Windows is everywhere, so almost everything can run on it. macOS is second place, so it's the next logical desktop OS to target. Then struggling is GNU/Linux, because there's not enough users to force a lot of companies (besides companies like Valve) to support it, so it lacks some big name programs, but you can usually make do with (in some cases better) free alternatives.

>costs money
no thanks