/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mi A3 Launch Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Capture.png (1200x755, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-855
xda-developers.com/arnova-google-camera-port-asus-zenfone-6-oneplus-7-7-pro/
amazon.es/gp/product/B07RMZ5KJ1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I followed this guide andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html to wipe my phone with the intent to install a new rom afterwards, but my phone doesn't boot into recovery anymore. I found a way to access fastboot, but I can't seem to charge my phone at the moment. What do?

boot to fastboot, re-flash TWRP

I accidentally got chilli on my cock lads, what do I do? It burns.

I'll try to access it with ADB but I won't have access to a computer in the next few hours. I assume there's no way to reflash TWRP (SafeStrap actually, not OG TWRP) without ADB access in this situation?

You would need fastboot, not ADB

flashing the recovery happens through fastboot, not ADB ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" is the command), if you can still get to fastboot you should be fine, once you plug the phone in to the PC check if it sees the phone with "fastboot devices".

How often do you switch phones? I've had a Redmi Mi A1 for about a year and a half and I've thinking of buying a new one.

Once every three years.

No nfc
No 1089p
No CPU bump
Worst launch of the century
Twitter is burning down the brand posts
What a suit guys fuck up
The only thing left to live for is thicc redheads

Attached: 1561531376984.jpg (1280x1935, 261K)

Anyone got a recommandation where to buy the k20 pro and ship it to EU for a decent price? I cba waiting for mi9t pro and don't use 4g anyway. I found honorbuy which even ship with global ROM, but idk if they are legit

When they break

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-855

Cheers, I was on that site but didnt see the price button until now.

Thank you for your time anons, hopefully I salvage this brick

Attached: 1559990451827.jpg (1024x1024, 38K)

not being ironic, but what did you honestly expected?

nfc, the same quality display as in A1 and A2, a little better CPU
they literally downgraded the display to being the worst of the last 2 generations

Best "last year's flagship" right now? V30, G7, OP6, or S8+?

>last year's
half of those came out in 2017

So what's the launch date for the Mi 9T Pro? Also, can I flash the same ROMs on the Chinese K20 Pro as the Intl Mi 9T Pro, when ROMs are eventually developed for them? The only difference I know is the frequency bands and that's firmware based right?

might as well get a Mi Mix 2S/3 tbqh

can I unlock the OP7 with my fingerprint with the display off?

Attached: 1533843961502.png (640x630, 580K)

why does redmi note 7 720p quality look so weird i was watching twitch and the highest quality was 720p but the quality came it out shit is this supposed to happen ?

>So what's the launch date for the Mi 9T Pro?
nobody knows

>can I flash the same ROMs on the Chinese K20 Pro as the Intl Mi 9T Pro
yes

What's a good place to get a 20W Xiaomi wireless charger from where I won't get chinked with fakes? And how bad is it if I use the charger that came with the phone instead of getting the 28W charger bundle and worrying about a CN EU adapter?

Attached: 1534048274748.jpg (689x689, 41K)

>What's a good place to get a 20W Xiaomi wireless charger from where I won't get chinked with fakes?
Aliexpress, just check the reviews and store rating.

>And how bad is it if I use the charger that came with the phone instead of getting the 28W charger bundle and worrying about a CN EU adapter?
What do you meant "how bad"? The phone will just charge slightly slower since the included adapter is only QC3.0 (18w).

Oh so there will only be a difference of 2W between using the included 18W charger and the optional 28W? Sorry I'm retarded

looking at a new phone lads, currently using an iphone 7 but itunes makes me want to cave my skull in so i’m probably gonna get an android. was looking at the moto g7 power, was wondering what people think about it or if there’s anything cheaper that’s good. all i do is play gacha games and post here so i don’t care about camera and fancy gimmicks. i’m in the UK if that makes any difference

Redmi Nite 7 la

>S10+ exyshit gets 8 hours SoT
okay fuck my ass, I'm getting chinkshit. Take me Chang, take me and my sorry ass. Fuck this shit.

Any redmi note 7 users here? How the fuck do i fix gps on this piece of shit? It only works for a while after i reboot and then i cant get a lock after. I have the gpsfix magisk module installed on miui.eu rom

Ps: i fucking regret following Jow Forums's advice and buying this phone. Should have bought a real phone instead

unironically it would've been better if they just re-release the a2 with 4000 mah battery and a headphone jack for 200 euros.
Here's what happened:
> - We want le under display technology in the new A series phone
>Ok chief, you need an oled display for that to work
>Well put an oled display in it
>But that will be more expensive than ips
>...
>Put the cheapest oled display in it then
>What about the SoC? We can't have something that's faster than our miui based phones
>Put a dumbed down sd660 in it. We'll claim it's for battery optimization

Ppl selling it already here in slavland

You realise that A series releases are all rebrands of existing hardware, right? The CC9e is a miui based phone and was marketed separately

Mi9T Pro? It doesn't even exist yet, so they're lying about what they're selling (it's probably just the K20 Pro flashed with a fake Global ROM).

>gcam still buggy
xda-developers.com/arnova-google-camera-port-asus-zenfone-6-oneplus-7-7-pro/

what are you even getting at? At this point they pretty much have a phone for every snapdragon SoC currently available. They still had to make the choice to sell the cc9e with stock android for ~100 euros more than the miui part. They could've released the cc9 for the same price and no one would complain.

You know the mi cc9 will most likely be the mi 9 lite on the west

I flashed a pajeetOS for my Mi A 2, how hard will it be to flash it back to stock android one?

Nokia 8.1

How do I make sure, short of installing custom ROMS, that the chinks won't spy on me?

What I mean is, the 27w is only the peak charging speed. The charging rate is fastest when the battery is almost empty and slows down when the battery gets close to full. According to Xiaomi, 18w charger takes the phone to 45% in 30 minutes, 27w charger gets to 70% in the same. But if you charge to full 100%, there isn't much difference between the included 18w charger and 27w charger anymore: 27w charger takes around 1 hour from 0% to 100%, 18w is only a few minutes slower.

BTW you can buy the 20W charging kit with Euro plug:
amazon.es/gp/product/B07RMZ5KJ1

All of them are open source, compile them yourself

Dont buy a chinkphone
Better yet dont use anything that can connect to the net

PocoPhone

Stop fucking recommending me note 7 if I'm going to play 3d games

why? SD660 is fast enough for most 3d games

dropped my phone and completely fucked the screen. Need a new budget phone. Anyone got any recommendations? Was gonna get one of those Huawei ones, but apparently they're chinese government botnet phones?

how do I optimize my Exynos S10e?

Redmi Note 7

wanna post a screenshot ?

Do Huawei phones have good build quality? What's your experience with the brand?

>Xiaomi
Is this also chinese government botnet? I honestly can't tell these days.

hmm the nokia and the poco are like £100 more than the g7 and the equally priced redmi note 7 has a smaller battery

yeah but the G7 has a shit processor in comparison and you said you're mainly going to be doing gaming so...

So Asus is releasing a ROG phone II with a snapdragon 855 PLUS, and 155 Hz display.
It's probably going to be over $1000, and they think that it's a right move.
Did anyone even buy the original ROG phone?
Are they retarded?

I mean, what do you expect? It's a new phone and new hardware as well.

got redmi note 7 yesterday
its heavy as fuck

Yes, 100% chinked.

New phone? New hardware? They don't even have fully working ports for sd845 phones. It'll always be buggy shit but I have no choice anyway. I'll not buy a Pixel just for the camera and I'll not buy a Samsung because it's overpriced.

the same games that ran fine on my old lg g4. i can't imagine the moto g7 power would be worse than that, no?

well LG G4 had what was at the time a flagship processor, whereas the Moto G7 has a budget-tier processor. Though the G7 does have a way lower resolution (720p vs 1440p on the G4) so that should help.

I'd still go with something with a faster processor than the G7 Power though, what if a new gacha game comes out that you want to play that is more demanding than the ones you're currently playing?

GCam for Pocophone/Mi8/Mix 2s is pretty much flawless, even 60fps video and EIS works now.

How do games like honkai impact and star ocean run on that thing turned up? I remember watching a couple videos of the ardeno 506 dropping a lot of frames in many games.

That gives me hope. I'm importing a regular omeplus 7 when the 7t comes out so it's discounted, I guess it'll be much better by then

Only Huawei has been flagged as such. But even most non-chinkphones are made in China anyway.

When it comes to gaming devices, they don't need to sell millions to be a hit. It just has to do well enough to serve its niche, and it's very popular for that niche. You don't expect the top tier gaming laptops or even the best graphics cards to sell so much either. They just have to sell well enough for its target audience. It's the same here.

How do Pixels and Samsungs get away with being so ungodly expensive? Pixel 4 will cost even more and the Note 10, although shit for lacking the jack, will cost thousand+ easily.

people don't buy brand because they know anything about what the specs mean.

this seems to be the worst time ever buying a smartphone. hope the market fixes itself soon

The CC9 and not the CC9e.

Current phone is increasingly defective and approaching EOL, disappointed about the short lifespan, don't wanna spend much on a replacement phone, want something with a Lineage fork this time, not a power user. Xiaomi Mi A1 an alright unit?

Attached: xiaomi-mi-a1-gold-3d-model-max-obj-fbx.jpg (1500x1055, 104K)

K20 Pro

Zenfone 6

>rattling camera
>dogshit IPeeS display

Those are things I'm willing to compromise on since it has everything else plus Asus seems to be the only company fucking smart enough to realize you can fit the notification led on the top bezel instead of removing it completely.

oneplus 7 pro

Mi 9T or Galaxy A70? Same price for both
Also how is LG G8?

>people bring up performance on new phones
>haha just buy it, it's new
Waiting on actual benchmarks first.

Mine works fine :^)
Nice falseflag tho.

Eh? What the fuck do you care, benchmarks are a meme you don't need any of that shit for daily use it's a phone not a gaming pc

I wanna play games during downtime at work so suck my chode shill

Buy one plus for best Chinese experience

Anything released in this year will run your games, just buy it. New cheap phones have the sd670 at the minimum. Many have sd7xx chips.

Wonder who could be behind these post.

Attached: 25C3373C-436B-474C-BD8E-32CB81F5F132.jpg (662x463, 28K)

They run fine you fucking retard.

All it boils down to is size preference and which is less physically painful for you between dealing with MIUI and dealing with a notch.

How annoying miui? Is it bad enough to skip on phones that have it?

Pocophone F2

ahh oneplass my fevorite

Heelo pls Bui one plus one seven prah thx

Never Settle (Unless when it comes to buying our phones)

Not at all, I'm quite enjoying it after using vanilla Android previously, there's plenty of useful features in MIUI that just weren't available in stock android (screen recording, call recording, scrolling screenshot, better gesture navigation, second space / dual apps, sharing WiFi with a QR code, themes etc.). There is quite many bloat apps, that is true, but it's a simple and quick process to remove them through ADB.

Just picked up one of these for Prime Day. What am I in for?

Attached: Capture.png (239x389, 106K)

Redmei nout 7 bad phone
One plaas one seven plush good phone

I'm genuinely asking because I've been recommended the Redmi Note 7 here: Not everyone is a shill. I just want to know if the phone is jarring to use for someone that's never used any chinkshit before.

Are there actually ads and shit in the normal UI?

install LineageOS bro

I haven't even looked at a single one plus phone. I'm thinking the only Xiaomi I'd like is the k20 because it doesn't have a crappy gpu

Sad that Leapfrog is the only company still making compact phones.

>Are there ads
Only if you are Indian or Chinese. Makes you think why so many people with broken English recommend The OPO 7T, uh?