Anyone else here old enough to remember when computers used these? My Grandpa had an old computer that used them...

Anyone else here old enough to remember when computers used these? My Grandpa had an old computer that used them, and honestly I feel quite privileged to have seen them being used natively IRL

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (684x513, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fK7N3QPIAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

woah its the IRL version of the save button

>privileged

why do you feel priveleged for having used shitty technology

it's just a fucking floppy disk OP. not really that special

>Thinking you're "old" or special for having handled a floppy disk
I'm in my early 20s and I remember using these things non-ironically.

Attached: 1369446960901.png (256x310, 20K)

I'm old enough to remember stuff used to be stored on audio cassettes, which was cheaper in the day than floppy disks.

Attached: I'm not Ken, by the way.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

That posts seems like its straight out of an LGR video.

>Anyone else here old enough to remember when computers used these?
Floppies were still relatively common until the early 2000s, you literal zoomer

i'm 27 and I used these like 20 years ago to pirate DOS games and shit.

Attached: tzuyuscream.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Dumb fucking hipster idiot, there are people also older than youu

>honestly I feel quite privileged to have seen them being used natively IRL
youtube.com/watch?v=7fK7N3QPIAc
Fucking zoomers

Attached: 1562798645818.jpg (750x735, 47K)

i used em in 2014 still on an almost daily basis, and even nowadays to move data between some older micros

Had an Amiga 1200 back in the 90s and by the time I finally sold it to build a PC, I'd amassed a collection of thousands of floppies. Pirated games, pirated software, demo disks and music disks. All bought from the Sunday market.

If you still work in an industrial environment with expensive machinary, a lot of machines still use floppies for machine instructions (things like mills and lathes).

Personally, I haven't used a floppy since the early 2000s.

Hi Not Ken, I'm Dad. :-)

I literally ran around with floppies in my backpack, taking the longer route on the bus because the trams fucked up the disks. Also some older industrial tech still uses floppies and being one who can do anything with them is very lucrative these days.

I used them in the 90s because I'm not a zoomer.
I last used them in like 2010 because many older, but perfect usable oscilloscopes/spectrum analyzers take them for snapshots and sample recording. Equipment with network and USB connectivity are pretty common now though.

Yep. Those. Did you have the little notched so you could write to back? I had to cut mine with scissors.

I used them myself, I was so happy when I got a CD burner and a stack of CDs to replace this shit

>DS DD
C64?

I'm 18 and used floppies from first to fourth grade at school because they had some older PCs, and still use them today on my dad's office where they keep a bunch of cool legacy hardware.

Attached: man-clenched-fist-600w-455519068.jpg (600x421, 46K)

there
newfriend

>people unironically falling for this obvious bait

Nope lol
Guess again rtard

born in '96, growing up our computer had a floppy drive but I never saw it used, we mostly used the CD drive
it also had a turbo button