I'm an artist. I use a huion tablet that runs through digimend and xsetwacom. It works nicely under X...

I'm an artist. I use a huion tablet that runs through digimend and xsetwacom. It works nicely under X, but it isn't recognized in wayland (gnome), am i doing something wrong or is wayland retarded?

Attached: wayland-logo.jpg (700x400, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/user/_diablo2_
old.reddit.com/user/CuBeRJAN3
news.ycombinator.com/threads?id=sprash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

wayland is retarded and DOA.

Wayland is retarded and is part of the long-term plan to fracture Linux and destroy Free OS's. It's working. Sure they had to murder Ian to get Debian to include the System D malware, and they might have to kill other people to get Wayland into some distros, but the future is progress, trannies, and sudden dual-licensing and a move to closed-source proprietary.

Of course, there's always another alternative but only alt-right incels will ever want to use Free software, progressive people will do what they're told and switch to closed source and dual-licensed.

Wayland, System D, dbus, pulse, these things are to be considered harmful along with the Linux kernel.

Wayland is only 50% complete BY DESIGN. And RedHat freetard programmers are lazy so the missing parts are marked "lol u dont need that".

All open source. They're as insecure and malfeatured as the community wants them to be. If you have a problem, commit to keeping X alive or make Wayland better. Or gather the lads and go audit systemd.

Fud again? yummy
These are the kind of 4channedditors that you're arguing with
old.reddit.com/user/_diablo2_
old.reddit.com/user/CuBeRJAN3
news.ycombinator.com/threads?id=sprash
They are all on the same discord circlejerking
Notice the cadence of these replies

Attached: 1.jpg (400x300, 25K)

pee baby

You expect anons to read all of that?
What the fuck is your point, and what the fuck does your links prove?

well, i'm using wayland because i though it was mostly better, but i was about to do some sculpting in blender, plugged my tablet in (it "works", you can use the pen and it has pressure sensitivity, but...), tried to run the script which maps the shortcuts and it failed. Not having shortcuts is an ass, so i just switched back to X for this. Also, when i use armory3d for making games, wayland doesn't let me play the game, only works under X.
I do like using it when i'm playing openarena tho, it isolates the X window and i can actually alt-tab out of the game (in X openarena doesn't allow you to interact with the DE).

why do people actually pretend to be productive normal game-playing computer users while using "free software"

its pretty simple, if wayland doesnt do what you need already then stay on x
xorg will be activelly maintained until 2029 by red hat, after that youre free to spread fud and cry about missing functionality
its common sense really, if you never even heard of wayland before you could do nothing for literally a decade and still use linux to its full extent

>pretending
i guess it's hard to believe there are people who try to do good with their lives.

i'd like to remember that i'm not hating or anything, i just wanted to know if i should use something else to get the tablet to work properly, the retarded part was just for giggles. whatever works better is what i wanna use

"Open source" but destined for dual-licensing.

I'm already committed to keeping X alive through Xenocara, which will become the de-facto upstream very shortly.

>try to do good with their lives.
>open source software
you poor deluded fool

I work alone, and it suits my needs. why would i use anything else?

>it suits my needs
yeah keep playing open-source quake 3 i'm sure you're having a blast
tux racer is good too i hear

you don't have to use it you know

oh, the games? Yeah, it's a pretty fun thing to pass the time and distract myself a bit. i did only try supertuxkart recently, but i started to like it a lot already. also playing red eclipse, i like fast paced shooters (it's slower than xonotic tho, but faster than openarena). Games are just a small part of my time tho, i'm mostly studying math/something computer related, painting and exercising. Also like to spend time with my family whom i dearly love.

Gnome Wayland is a meme. The mouse input is in the main compositing thread. This means that as you're drawing your masterpiece, if a notification or other Gnome animation pops up, it lags the cursor.
btw. it's not fixable without a throrough rewrite of most major systems in Gnome itself and they aren't even thinking of doing that until Gnome 4 (which they're not really even working on at this point lmao)

>am i doing something wrong
Yes, you are running linux. Linux is good at servers but for artistic requirements choose another os (windows,mac)

Ew

it works perfectly for me if i use xorg, just wanted to know if wayland needed tweaks